Shipping Question

JustinDM

CAG Veteran
I have never sold anything in online auction nor even sold anything online before. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the average dimensions and weight of an Xbox 360 or even just a DVD in general so I can use the online shipping estimator. Thanks!

Oh yeah I meant a 360 game. Thanks! And do you know the dimensions?

I was about to say that Paypal shipping service probably doesnt work in Canada. But it seems you CAN print of Canada post labels. Is paypal cheaper or something?

You don't need the dimensions for such small packages. Just got a store, buy some 6x9 bubble mailers (size 0 I think is what they're called).

PayPal shipping is just more convenient and for US transactions, you can save a lot of money on delivery confirmation ($.18 at PayPal vs $.75 at USPS). But if shipping to Canada, it really doesn't hold much of an advantage as far as I know (other than convenience).

Yep #0 is what fits a single game/DVD.

If you don't have a scale you better put 8 ouces of postage on it. Depending on the size of the manual the weight of a game + bubble mailer can vary a bit but most of the time 6-7 ounces of postage does the trick. Remember if it's 6.1 oz you'd need 7 oz of postage.

If you are just using the estimator and are going to mail from the post office then putting in 7 ounces is probably a good choice.

Also first class mail (and most other types of USPS mail under 1 pound) are the same cost anywhere in the US so you really don't need to use a shipping estimator on your listing for them.

bread's done
Back