shipping suggestions and size of the three consoles boxes

kfkl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
i need to move all three of my consoles. the boxes are at my parents house. would anyone whos near the boxes, mind telling me how big the ps2, cube, xbox boxes are?

i could ship them w/o the boxes, (wrap them in bubble wrap, pack them with those air bags). anyone have better shipping suggestions? I want to try and take them on the plane, in a hard sided luggage box I have.

To make this a little clearer, Iim going to be living in Morocco for about a year, so they're coming with me from the US. Shipping is too much, the plane is cheaper. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

EDIT: carry on bag will be mostly filled w/ my laptop, so i don't think they'd fit in that

Hmmm, you can only take on 1 carry on bag. You could fit all three on in there, wrapping them in clothes. They should be safe in there, they are not gonna move around mych on the plane, jst make sure your overhead compatment you are putting you bag in is full, otherwise they will slide around.

[quote name='BigNick']Hmmm, you can only take on 1 carry on bag. You could fit all three on in there, wrapping them in clothes. They should be safe in there, they are not gonna move around mych on the plane, jst make sure your overhead compatment you are putting you bag in is full, otherwise they will slide around.[/quote]

whoops, carry on bag will have my laptop in it, so no consoles there. though, i will check to see how big it can be, and maybe i'll just use a larger bag. i think carry on might be limited to twenty pounds though, which w/ laptop + bag weight doesn't leave all that much.

Put it in the middle of like your suit case surrounded by clothes, a bottom layer of clothes, the consoles and just the consoles, then surround them on the sides by clothes and on the top with clothes, the controllers and cords are more delicate and should be placed with the carry on.

I would put each one packed good in a box as if you are shipping them via USPS then put them in a XXL tote bag surrounded by clothes. Airlines beat the hell out of luggage. They carelessly toss luggage in the planes and they often fall off the back of luggage caravans. Just surrounding them with clothing would not be enough.

[quote name='spoo']I would put each one packed good in a box as if you are shipping them via USPS then put them in a XXL tote bag surrounded by clothes. Airlines beat the hell out of luggage. They carelessly toss luggage in the planes and they often fall off the back of luggage caravans. Just surrounding them with clothing would not be enough.[/quote]

Just because you see it in a movie doesnt mean its real, if your so worried put a fragile sticker on it, those systems are built too last.

Almost all flights let you have two carryons (1 carryon and 1 personal bag or something like that). I'm sure you could fit the GC in the second carryon.

[quote name='pukemon']they do throw shit around.[/quote]
unless you work for the airlines you dont know, so dont say that

your probably one of these people who says, oh they use horse meat, with no evidence

If you put them in between your clothes and pack the suitcase pretty tight, they should be ok. But you never know what kind of stuff your suitcases go through so it's a gamble really.

Yes they do, When I landed in Chicago two weeks ago we saw through the window a little car carrying luggage and I guess he must have been going to fast, because a few pieces of luggage feel out. The guy just looked back and kept going...

the gamecube isn't really the problem. i could carry it on and says its my cd player. the xbox is more of the problem. its big, its heavy, and all that. i'll have a hard sided piece of luggage, i guess i'll just stuff them in there with as much padding as possible.

anyway, thanks for the posts.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='pukemon']they do throw shit around.[/quote]

your probably one of these people who says, oh they use horse meat, with no evidence[/quote]

these people? are you saying the whole cag community is one of these people? and do you work for the airlines? btw, watch how reckless they drive around with your luggage. and watch how they just chunk your bags onto conveyor belts. next time you fly put some glasses in all corners of your suitcase and see if they do not get broken.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='spoo']I would put each one packed good in a box as if you are shipping them via USPS then put them in a XXL tote bag surrounded by clothes. Airlines beat the hell out of luggage. They carelessly toss luggage in the planes and they often fall off the back of luggage caravans. Just surrounding them with clothing would not be enough.[/quote]

Just because you see it in a movie doesnt mean its real, if your so worried put a fragile sticker on it, those systems are built too last.[/quote]
Next time you have a layover watch the baggage carriers. Every time I fly my luggage gets tears on it. I have seen luggage fly of the carts and I have watched the airlines throw luggage onto planes. SO STFU TROLL!!

bread's done
Back