Shock in park as pigeon-eating pelican caught on camera

RBM

CAGiversary!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/6083468.stm

Families and tourists in a London park were left shocked when a pelican picked up and swallowed a pigeon.

1.stm
laun.jpg

The unusual wildlife spectacle in St James's Park was caught on camera by photographer Cathal McNaughton.

He said the Eastern White pelican had the unfortunate pigeon in its beak for more than 20 minutes before swallowing it whole.

"
Then the bird got up and strolled along until it reached one of the pigeons, which it just grabbed in its beak.

"There was a bit of a struggle for about 20 minutes, with all these people watching. The pelican only opened its mouth a couple of times.

"Then it managed to get the pigeon to go head first down its throat. It was kicking and flapping the whole way down."

1. Gross.
2. Weeeeiiirrrdddd
3. Scary

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I'm sorry but this is absolutely hilarious. It reminds me of that one Simpsons episode when the gorilla was in a tree and a shark jumped up and ate it.

[quote name='SpazX']Holy shit that's fucking awesome.

I didn't know pelicans ate pigeons though, wtf? Where are all the fish?[/QUOTE]

Global warming killed the fish.

The pelicans are coming after us next!

[quote name='CouRageouS']:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I'm sorry but this is absolutely hilarious. It reminds me of that one Simpsons episode when the gorilla was in a tree and a shark jumped up and ate it.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:!!!!!!!!

[quote name='David85']Global warming killed the fish.

The pelicans are coming after us next![/QUOTE]

actually we just ate all the fish

I think thats awesome but that Pelican must have some serious indesgestion problems. Break out the Pepto! That dirty pigeon wont go down well...

I'm in ur beak . . . watchin your . . . hey, what the hell? . . . Quit it motherfucker . . that shit hurts! . . . Oh Shit!

[quote name='munch']I'm in ur beak . . . watchin your . . . hey, what the hell? . . . Quit it motherfucker . . that shit hurts! . . . Oh Shit![/QUOTE]
:rofl:

Don't you just love pigeons?

How about a pigeon poop story?

One time, we were on a field trip to the beach. One kid sits on a park bench eating lunch, and he stretches out his arms... leans back... and yawns...

Just as his head is back and his mouth is open... PLOP! Pigeon craps in his mouth! :rofl:

Also, a bunch of the guys were playing football on the beach. One dude gets tackled and his shirt is slightly torn up. After the game, I go with him and the others to this store to buy a soda. It's located up a ramp, there on the beach.

He's there with his ripped shirt, and he sees this older, hot girl coming down the ramp. Just as she is a few feet in front of him, he rips off his shirt and starts flexing. I and all the other dudes start laughing our asses off, and the girl is freaked out and quickly continues down the ramp. :rofl:

Stingrays are assassinating people. Pelican stopped making shitting gaming peripherals and moved on to eating birds. What is this world coming to.

[quote name='6669']Speaking of being stuck...
capt.9a6ff98ce6fe3e3f699557107a444221.pjpeg
[/QUOTE]

You couldn't win him, he's jammed against the glass. Thats how they get their money.

[quote name='Graystone']Stingrays are assassinating people. Pelican stopped making shitting gaming peripherals and moved on to eating birds. What is this world coming to.[/quote]

Madcatz must be up to something

Wow, at first, from the title, I thought the pigeon was going to eat the pelican, but this is still wild.

First, there was a story in Time about the elephant eathing Lions, and now this. It really seems like animals are just getting more agressive here. Honestly, how long until the animals start going after babies and toddlers here?

[quote name='Ma12kez']20 minutes and no one jumped in to save the pigeon?!?!:nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Its always funny to see idiots feeding those flying rats at the beach.

I still don't understand what people have against pigeons. They're beautiful, have a lovely voice, and are quite charming. The only thing that I don't like about them is that they are messy. I'd keep some if I could, but I don't think that my landlord would approve.

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']Oh, that poor pigeon. :whistle2:( I used to have one as a kid. She'd follow me around, and liked to sit on my head.[/QUOTE]
I guess I'll be the one to ask the obvious question: was your hair always full of pigeon shit?

[quote name='chakan']I guess I'll be the one to ask the obvious question: was your hair always full of pigeon shit?[/QUOTE]

No, she was quite good about getting off when she needed to drop one. But then again, they're not too bright and she did get me a couple of times. You should have seen the apartment above ours. They moved out, but left a window open. Our nameless pigeon then decided that she wanted an entire apartment for herself. She would go in there during the day while we were at school and she literally covered that place with shit. All over the carpet, the counter tops, everywhere. My brother went up there one day, and found her little hiding spot. I can't imagine what the landlord thought.

Pigeons was the original Chicken or was eaten just like chicken. You just need to catch some and pluck there feathers and cook em.

What happen in Amerika they broke free and people did not decide to eat them after seeing tham all over the place.

About that. That is just not right. I mean WTF a marine bird snaking on pigeons. I mean that bird must have smelled like fish or the enviorment is changing for the worst.

Even if it did swallow that pigeon which in no way it could. That bird would have pecked its way out or throw it up.

Also those pigeons are real small.

No really what business you have there Mr.Pelican resorting to Pigeons even if your hardware is no loner selling. HAhAHAHAHA. That is quite funny but not for the Pigeon.

Pelican trying to start a revolution of some sort. Thats not right. Is it gay or a real man Pelican?

[quote name='RegalSin2020']Pigeons was the original Chicken or was eaten just like chicken. You just need to catch some and pluck there feathers and cook em.

What happen in Amerika they broke free and people did not decide to eat them after seeing tham all over the place.

About that. That is just not right. I mean WTF a marine bird snaking on pigeons. I mean that bird must have smelled like fish or the enviorment is changing for the worst.

Even if it did swallow that pigeon which in no way it could. That bird would have pecked its way out or throw it up.

No really what business you have there Mr.Pelican resorting to Pigeons even if your hardware is no loner selling. HAhAHAHAHA. That is quite funny but not for the Pigeon.

Pelican trying to start a revolution of some sort. Thats not right. Is it gay or a real man Pelican?[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='lordxixor101']First, there was a story in Time about the elephant eathing Lions, and now this. It really seems like animals are just getting more agressive here. Honestly, how long until the animals start going after babies and toddlers here?[/quote]

I hadn't heard about elephants eating lions, but I had read/heard of them raping :)hot:) and then killing rhinos. Not to feed the fires of "blame human development," but there is good reason to believe that the perverse elephant behavior is due to a breakdown in social structure.

That may sound nutty, but the twin effects of 1.) increased loss (death) of older patriarchs & matriarchs in elephant groups over time (due to poaching) and 2.) increased clashes between people and animals--as more animal habitat is commandeered--have made the young male elephants...well....run rampant and lose control.

You have to understand the importance of elephant social structure upon the behavior of individuals (particularly the young males,) in order to appreciate the significance of the situation. They even introduced an old patriarch into an area with rampaging, punk males, and he put a stop to it.

...not that I think any of this explains why that pelican decided to start eating pigeons. gross. weird. scary!

[quote name='Graystone']You couldn't win him, he's jammed against the glass. Thats how they get their money.[/QUOTE] good one :)

pretty biiird...pretty biirrd.

[quote name='RegalSin2020']Pigeons was the original Chicken or was eaten just like chicken. You just need to catch some and pluck there feathers and cook em.

Pelican trying to start a revolution of some sort. Thats not right. Is it gay or a real man Pelican?[/QUOTE]

You owe me an Ibuprofen, 800mg.

You are insane.

God, I hate pigeons. Sometimes I see them lying dead on their backs, feet pointing up towards the L tracks. I just smile to myself and keep on walking...

Good riddance to them all.

bread's done
Back