*shocking* Magna Carta Portable only $16.90 (Asia Version) @play-asia.com

The $16.90 version is the Asia Version and the $48.90 version is the Japanese Version.

I'm assuming no English text. Anybody know?

[quote name='maxgle']Do you happen to know what language is in the Asia version? just curious..[/QUOTE]
japanese

[quote name='maxgle']I just dont get what the Asian version is for.. except its cheaper.[/quote]

It's always like that. It is for the non-Japanese Asian market. Generally they are the same exact game as the Japanese version, but they insert a Chinese insert with the manual and they are significantly cheaper.

Usually the only reason to buy the Japanese version is if you are concerned with having what is seen as the more "collectable" version.

It's always like that. It is for the non-Japanese Asian market. Generally they are the same exact game as the Japanese version, but they insert a Chinese insert with the manual and they are significantly cheaper.

Well sometimes the insert is in English, and often they cut costs for the Asian release by changing color manuals to greyscale (similar to most US manuals).

Usually the only reason to buy the Japanese version is if you are concerned with having what is seen as the more "collectable" version.

And that Japanese preorder bonuses are the best in the world.

Sweet, this will make a great prank on someone I hate :p [/magna carta broke my heart]

Asian can also refer to being for Hong Kong which would explain the english insert, unfortunatly even though HK uses Chinese and English the game itself would most likely be in Chinese if it was anything other than Japanese.

I got the Asian version of Intelligent Qube for the PSP and it's pretty much chinese from the looks of it because even though I suck at japanese, there's usually atleast a little text that I can translate when I get an import game from japan. Same for the instruction book. But there's like NOTHING I can read, even the website I get linked to from the game seems to have no standard japanese text other than the title image for the games listed on the site.

Just a guess here, but the Asian (Chinese) versions might be significantly cheaper due to the rampant piracy in that region in particular. It's hard to sell a game for $50 when there's a knock off next to it for $15.

[quote name='gunm']Just a guess here, but the Asian (Chinese) versions might be significantly cheaper due to the rampant piracy in that region in particular. It's hard to sell a game for $50 when there's a knock off next to it for $15.[/QUOTE]
and the cost of living is very high in japan. New release in Japan cost more than US. Things are just more expensive in Japan.

The Asian version of many RPG will drop in price very fast because most people outside of Japan dont know Japanese. RPG games that got Chinese version like Sakura Taisen and Tales of Destiny actually retain their value very well.

bread's done
Back