Shopping Discussion: Ebay Knockoffs

Well the seller says they are 100% authentic, so that solves that. :)

There are still 5 days left, so I am sure the price will go up.

My mother used to go to Aeropostale and buy up the cheap stuff and resell it. You'd be surprised at how cheap clothing can get.

these look good but I would say that the majority of expensive clothes on ebay are fake.
these guys have 100% feedback and they claim allover to be the real deal so I think you would have a very strong case if they were not.
one other think to check is to see if these color combinations are available for real as the bootleggers often get this wrong!

hope this helps
oh and if you get them take one to a department store and carefully compare everything against a 'real' shirt and that will also tell you a lot.
look for color match, shape,stitching,embroidery, card tags and labels

A lot of good deals on ebay are fake, even when the seller claims the item is not a bootleg. Basically even if it's a bootleg ebay won't do much when the seller involved is a powerseller, on the upside since his feedback is at 100% the shirts could be authentic or at least very high quality fakes.

Reality's Fringe;2664222]If YOU can't tell it's a fake said:
I want to thank everyone for their help, but i did want to address this specifically. Basically, i want to know what product it is that i'm buying. I mean, I've been to mexico and purchased cheap sunglasses. I wasn't, however, unsure of their authenticity; I knew what I was buying and went ahead with the transaction anyways. In this case, if they are not real, I would be given something as a substitute for what I actually payed for. Kind of like buying a lexus and having the dealer switch in a toyota after you gave him the check. It still runs, probably has ac, does other car-like things, but it isn't that lexus you bought in the first place.
Anyways, thanks for the help.

You know that in Japan there are no Lexus' right? Theyre all Toyotas. ;)

I'd watch out for international sellers what have like 100,000 feedbacks. Theres no way anyone can get 20,000 pairs of Authentic Diesel jeans and then sell them for 1/3 the normal price ya know? Also the item description is a big clue. Those bootleggers generally have 2 mile long description pages that are exactly the same for each item. Beware sellers who only offer one shipping option, and its worldwide.

Theres a seller on ebay who sells GBA games. He probably sells hundreds of games a week. He has like 150,000 feedbacks. But in his description for every single one of those thousands of games he tells you that you get the game cart, and the manual, but not the box becasue (box was damaged). Funny how every single one of these thousands of gba boxes were all damaged in the great Gameboy box plague of 06'. Can you say Bootlegs?

[quote name='GeorgeCarlin']I want to thank everyone for their help, but i did want to address this specifically. Basically, i want to know what product it is that i'm buying. I mean, I've been to mexico and purchased cheap sunglasses. I wasn't, however, unsure of their authenticity; I knew what I was buying and went ahead with the transaction anyways. In this case, if they are not real, I would be given something as a substitute for what I actually payed for. Kind of like buying a lexus and having the dealer switch in a toyota after you gave him the check. It still runs, probably has ac, does other car-like things, but it isn't that lexus you bought in the first place.
Anyways, thanks for the help.[/quote]

[quote name='Puffa469']You know that in Japan there are no Lexus' right? Theyre all Toyotas. ;)

I'd watch out for international sellers what have like 100,000 feedbacks. Theres no way anyone can get 20,000 pairs of Authentic Diesel jeans and then sell them for 1/3 the normal price ya know? Also the item description is a big clue. Those bootleggers generally have 2 mile long description pages that are exactly the same for each item. Beware sellers who only offer one shipping option, and its worldwide.

Theres a seller on ebay who sells GBA games. He probably sells hundreds of games a week. He has like 150,000 feedbacks. But in his description for every single one of those thousands of games he tells you that you get the game cart, and the manual, but not the box becasue (box was damaged). Funny how every single one of these thousands of gba boxes were all damaged in the great Gameboy box plague of 06'. Can you say Bootlegs?[/QUOTE]
Which seems to be the case here as well. They have the tags and bags and what have you, but they have multiple of the same product bearing the same description...and I so desperately wanted this to be true.

You should report that seller to nintendo, they will investigate and eventually they will probably be removed from ebay or put on the list of sellers that sell bootleg games on ebay that nintendo has on their forums.

[quote name='SaraAB']You should report that seller to nintendo, they will investigate and eventually they will probably be removed from ebay or put on the list of sellers that sell bootleg games on ebay that nintendo has on their forums.[/quote]

This seller is pretty huge, so they may be on that list already, I'll check today. But since I never bought a game from this person, I cant say with 100% certainty that they are selling bootlegs. Its just that all the signs to point to that being the case.

bread's done
Back