Shopping for the one that got away!

Spinbrett

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Is there a game you once had and for some reason can't find it again? I once had a commodore 64 game called Spell of Destruction. It was a wicked weird game with pentagrams and stuff. I sold it at a garage sale over 15 years ago. I have been trying to find an original copy for about 7 years. Can't find that game anywhere!! Many people have heard about it, but nobody can seem to find one. I think its the holy grail of pc games!

I discovered middle of last year that a couple of my SNES games, Zelda and Mario RPG had 'walked away' (pretty sure I know who with, but can't prove it, so I'm stuck on that.) A panicked re-check of the collection revealed Mario World on game boy and Super Puzzle Fighter 2 on GBA missing as well (genuinely so this time.)

As of now, I've found Mario World, replaced Puzzle Fighter, and have a Zelda en route- but I'm still looking for a new Mario RPG. (So, y'know, if anyone's got one for sale... ;))

Saturn Guardian Heroes. I let someone borrow it, they returned it, and it disappeared. This was almost 10 years ago. I've also had games stolen (such as Lunar PS1, Sympony of the night etc.) but I have been able to replace them, yet, Guardian Heroes still eludes me. I paid $20 for it at Mongomery Ward after reading the EGM review. It stinks when you purchase a game that you hunted for and remeber the reason why you looked for it. Its not like me now, where I look for titles at Pawns / Fleas / Thrifts for rarity and such, those if I bump into, then awsome but they're "find" or "hunt" based, whereas back in the day, I was looking for games I wanted to play that I could afford on my meager high school Burger King hourly wage and to see some of those games I bought increase in time after getting hours of enjoyment from them over the years it has been great (examples - BOF2 SNES, FFVII, Dragon Force, Shining Force 3) and its shame that my Guardian Heroes is not there in the group as I remeber hunting every store in town for a copy.

My ode to Guardian Heroes post.

[quote name='Spinbrett']Is there a game you once had and for some reason can't find it again? I once had a commodore 64 game called Spell of Destruction. It was a wicked weird game with pentagrams and stuff. I sold it at a garage sale over 15 years ago. I have been trying to find an original copy for about 7 years. Can't find that game anywhere!! Many people have heard about it, but nobody can seem to find one. I think its the holy grail of pc games![/quote]
You mean this/this?

Seems "Wizardry" was an alternate name for "Spell of Destruction".

Also... according to their (The Edge) website, Wizardry is coming soon to WiiWare.:lol:

[quote name='mguiddy']You mean this/this?

Seems "Wizardry" was an alternate name for "Spell of Destruction".

Also... according to their (The Edge) website, Wizardry is coming soon to WiiWare.:lol:[/QUOTE]
Yeah but it'll never be the same without the "Spell of Destruction" label

I found spell of destruction in 2 minutes from this guy:
http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cach...ruction+commodore+64&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Its down on the commodore 64 games list. Sounds like he is selling stuff so you may wanna contact him, didnt check how old a listing it is. Otherguy 676 feel free to contact me about Guardian Heroes. My copy is complete, it does have kinda an interesting ring around the disc, but ive played it before and know it works. I collected Saturn games back in 99-2002 or so and still have several very quality titles (sold Radiant Silvergun last summer for some major chaching). Good luck in your huntings! I rarely have trouble finding a game, think its just due to my long time trading/selling and searching for rarer titles...

I did find reference to this game a fair bit on google, brett. I have Guardian Heroes if interested, Otherguy676, but its actually very purchaseable on ebay last time i checked...

A fair amount of my GBA games "disappeared" as well.

I can't point any fingers because I have 2 younger sisters that used to play them and threw them all around. I've found most, but there's still a fair amount missing.

Also, most of my pokemon games (red/gold/silver/crystal/sapphire) "disappeared" as well. And I don't think that was my sisters...

But with gamestop's GB/GBC sale, I replaced all of my old pokemon games for no more than $10. (sans sapphire)

There's actually quite a few, though more than a couple of them are harder to find and way out of the price range I want to pay.

:xbox:
Steel Battalion bundle($50 @ Gamestop, closest one is 40-50 miles away in NJ @ a GS, but I'm waiting impatiently for the GS clearance of Xbox games before I bite)

:ps1:

Rising Zan: Samurai Gunman-I had a copy of this back in the day. It features a mix of sword and gunplay ala DMC, but set in the old west.

Intelligent Qube-loved the demo, never did get around to buying a real, full copy of it and I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay $40+ for a used copy.

:Genesis:

General Chaos-amusing 'war' game from EA from back in the early 90's.

That's about it for me, though I'm sure I'll remember some more I either had and traded away or that I just never bought but always wanted to try.

Back in the day I had several SNES carts stolen from me, I found out who did it, but I don't remember if I ever got them back. This was years ago.

Moving is also the culprit.

I got a few games that have vanished.
Even some consoles of mine have disappeared.

Nobody stole them either, probably parents threw them out or something I bet...

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Back in the day I had several SNES carts stolen from me, I found out who did it, but I don't remember if I ever got them back. This was years ago.

Moving is also the culprit.[/quote]

Someone stole a game from me once... they made the mistake of taunting me with said game... within arms reach.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']I discovered middle of last year that a couple of my SNES games, Zelda and Mario RPG had 'walked away' (pretty sure I know who with, but can't prove it, so I'm stuck on that.) A panicked re-check of the collection revealed Mario World on game boy and Super Puzzle Fighter 2 on GBA missing as well (genuinely so this time.)

As of now, I've found Mario World, replaced Puzzle Fighter, and have a Zelda en route- but I'm still looking for a new Mario RPG. (So, y'know, if anyone's got one for sale... ;))[/quote]

Well speak of the devil. I just so happen to have an extra cart only copy of Super Mario RPG...

[quote name='karkyco']Well speak of the devil. I just so happen to have an extra cart only copy of Super Mario RPG...[/QUOTE]

Awww... why did this get posted the day after I buy one on Ebay and come to modify my post? :cry:

Well, the Ebay dude's got minimal feedback (only 3 so far) so if that goes sour, expect a PM.

[quote name='georox']Someone stole a game from me once... they made the mistake of taunting me with said game... within arms reach.[/quote]

LoL had that happen to me once. I don't talk to that person anymore....might have to do something with me picking him up in the air :D

Lost MANY a game due to family, friends, stupid enough to trade them in for small amounts of money, etc.

I've gotten a fair amount of my collection back over the years but I'm stilling missing a couple of pieces....mainly the NES collection I had but I'll work on that later.

Heya Otherguy676 did ya end up winning that ebay auction for Guardian Heroes? Wish you the best in finding it, probably gonna have my copy resurfaced soon and ebay. If you havent bought by then will post a link here when i offer it...

I had a party one time and had Timesplitters and Stuntman stolen from my house also my moms camera. this was years ago though... never have parties with people you don't know...

bread's done
Back