Should I be worried about a non-paying bidder here?

[quote name='Kendro']Isn't it possible to contact that bidder via eBay?[/QUOTE]

It is, but I'm afraid of losing his business by offending him if he does intend to pay and I ask him about it.

Err, I dunno. I just feel bad saying "Hey, I noticed you just joined and have a zero feedback score, and was wondering if you are intending on paying for this item if you win it?"

He has no feedback, I use to e-mail no-feedback bidders all the time, asking they're intentions to pay for the item if they won...Now, I just use buy it now's only with immediate payment by paypal required...No more worries about deadbeat bidders for me

This is pretty intriguing. On one hand, you have a buyer, rscrbbb, who would legitimately pay up to $75.00 for your auction. Yet on the otherhand, by cancelling all of pandabearboy1's bids, the auction may not reach that $75.00 mark and rscrbbb may end up winning the auction for a lot less.

[quote name='Black05Hemi']He has no feedback, I use to e-mail no-feedback bidders all the time, asking they're intentions to pay for the item if they won...Now, I just use buy it now's only with immediate payment by paypal required...No more worries about deadbeat bidders for me[/QUOTE]

I thought about going that route, but I don't want to alienate the people without paypal accounts, or those who would rather pay with a check or money order.

[quote name='Kendro']This is pretty intriguing. On one hand, you have a buyer, rscrbbb, who would legitimately pay up to $75.00 for your auction. Yet on the otherhand, by cancelling all of pandabearboy1's bids, the auction may not reach that $75.00 mark and rscrbbb may end up winning the auction for a lot less.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think I'll just let it go. If he doesn't pay, I'll offer rscrbbb the second chance offer, and if he doesn't want it, then I'll just relist it.

bread's done
Back