Should i be Worried?

TheCorw1313

CAGiversary!
Ok so im kinda new to ebay so bare with me. It all started with this item. I was outbid at the end. (my names umam13)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32751&item=110014494427

So i lost and i was all upset but then about 5 mins later i get an email from ebay saying "second chance." It told me that the highest bidder couldn't pay or something and there was another chance for me to buy the item. Here it is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110016569672&sspagename=ADME:B:SCO:US:1

So now i was searching through the sellers rep and the person that "couldn't pay" left a positive feedback and conformed he got the item.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=jc_amber&iid=110016569672&frm=284&ssPageName=VIP:feedback:1:us

So does this mean i am not getting the item? I tried to contact the seller yesterday no reply yet. Im kinda worried he sent it to the wrong person. What should i do?

Sometimes people use the second chance offer to sell another of the exact same item to the second highest bidder. I don't think you should be worried. Not yet, anyways.

Thanks so much i honestly had never heard of the "second chance offer" before this item. I would rather have the ring then a refund, I hope all goes well.

Update: Sent this email to the seller. He left feedback to all the people who left him feedback, but hes too good to reply to my email....

This is the second email i have sent. I won this item from a second chance offer of yours because this item didn't sell.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32751&item=110014494427

But while looking at your feedback the item did sell. I'm just making sure i will still be receiving my ring and wondering if it was shipped yet. Thank you for your time.

I'd be wierded out by the feedback thing. But the seller does have fairly high feedback. It is a little odd, though, that the user sharless666 has left the guy like 20 feedback. Typically seeing 4 or 5 from the same person in a row is OK - but this guy is giving him feedback _all_the_time_.

I'd be a little worried.

[quote name='nathansu']I'd be wierded out by the feedback thing. But the seller does have fairly high feedback. It is a little odd, though, that the user sharless666 has left the guy like 20 feedback. Typically seeing 4 or 5 from the same person in a row is OK - but this guy is giving him feedback _all_the_time_.

I'd be a little worried.[/quote]

I think the buyer is actually a shill bidder he uses to increase the end price of his auctions, sometimes it wins and so he leaves himself feedback and sends out a second chance offer. Although plenty of people who have more than one of an item give out second chance offers if the bidding goes high enough.

[quote name='zionoverfire']I think the buyer is actually a shill bidder he uses to increase the end price of his auctions, sometimes it wins and so he leaves himself feedback and sends out a second chance offer. Although plenty of people who have more than one of an item give out second chance offers if the bidding goes high enough.[/quote]

I don't think that's a shill bidder, just a loyal customer who likes their stuff and prefers to deal with a seller that they know. I only say that because the bidder in question used the "buy it now" feature on several listings and that would be pointless to do if they were a shill.

If he doesnt reply by tomorow after i sent 2 emails, is it too soon to tell him if he doesnt reply i will file a report with paypal? I just wish this guy would email me its not that hard....

[quote name='TheCorw1313']If he doesnt reply by tomorow after i sent 2 emails, is it too soon to tell him if he doesnt reply i will file a report with paypal? I just wish this guy would email me its not that hard....[/QUOTE]I really don't think you should be freaking out yet. The guy who won the original auction left feedback today, 15 days after the auction ended. Your item could still be on the way. Two weeks is early to file a non-receipt item claim. Give it more time. I really don't see any obvious alarm bells looking at his feedback. Second chance offers for multiple items is a common thing and nothing to freak out about (it even says in the eBay help pages you can use second chance offers to sell another of the same item).

As for him not answering emails, some sellers are just really bad at communication. In fact, he got a couple negatives for poor communication.

got an email today everything fine.
Dear **** ,

We sorry for delay to be in touch with you, we sent your item on Aug 7th, the merchandise is shipped from Mexico you should expect delivery within 15 days. Your item is insuranced.
Best Regards and have a nice day

The seller most likely has multiple of the same Item, I have done the second chance offer numerous times myself when I have multiple of certian items in the same condition, its easier and quicker than relisting and starting a whole new auction. I wouldnt worry about anything.

bread's done
Back