should i buy a ps3 or xbox360?

showtimefolks

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
hey i been a long time Playstation fan, i bought original xbox but it didn't have a lot of games and also bought xbox360 but didn't like paying for xblive to play online.   I haven't had a xbox360 in about 3-4 years

My ps3 recently stopped working so i was wondering if i should buy another ps3 or try xbox360 and give xblive another chance?  I have played every exclusive to date on ps3 and not much new is coming out on ps3 exclusives wise that interest me 

My reason for considering xbox360 is to try Forza 4 and Forza Horizon along with playing Crackdown 2.  I don't play much online but am willing to try gears or war and halo

I can find a decent bundle on craiglist for about $150 whether its xbox360 or ps3.  Which one would you suggest?  I know what i am getting with a ps3 and that's an excellent Library or try xbox360 where a lot of it is unknown 

could you suggest some xbox360 games that i should try?  I like:

Racing

FPS

3rd person shooters

action adventure

real time combat RPG

Never tried skyrim so might have to now

some zombie games

Just thought to ask my fellow gamers for advice, thank you in advance 

happy new year 

or i can get a ps4, some stores around my area do have ps4's in stock 

any and all advice is appreciated 

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it always comes down to which controller do I prefer, I always buy multi-plats on 360 as I consider myself an achievement getter and I rarely play my ps3. Even for exclusives.

In terms of suggesting 360 games? I could give a few:

Bioshock 1 (the ps3 one was not a good port)

Red Dead Redemption (once again the ps3 lacked some graphical things)

Tomb Raider (reboot)

Actually, I'm just naming multi-plats... Hmmm.

Well, like I said I prefer my 360 to my ps3. I haven't done much online gaming for a while now but, I never pay more than $35-$40 for live and same goes for PS+.

I love my 360 and I tried to at least dabble in the dark side (ps3) but I just can't get on that bus.

I recently purchased a Xbox One and I'm loving that so far, a few things need to be changed but I'll wait it out. That's the price you pay for being an early adopter.

For that console, I really like Dead Rising 3 and Ryse was pretty good too. I'm really looking forward to Titanfall, Watchdogs and Quantum Break!

Personally, I like to look at sites that compare multi-plats in terms of graphical things and overall play (Glitches, screen tearing, shadows and rendering) and the majority will rule my decision nowadays. To me, 360 always come out on top.

hey i been a long time Playstation fan, i bought original xbox but it didn't have a lot of games and also bought xbox360 but didn't like paying for xblive to play online. I haven't had a xbox360 in about 3-4 years

My ps3 recently stopped working so i was wondering if i should buy another ps3 or try xbox360 and give xblive another chance? I have played every exclusive to date on ps3 and not much new is coming out on ps3 exclusives wise that interest me

My reason for considering xbox360 is to try Forza 4 and Forza Horizon along with playing Crackdown 2. I don't play much online but am willing to try gears or war and halo

I can find a decent bundle on craiglist for about $150 whether its xbox360 or ps3. Which one would you suggest? I know what i am getting with a ps3 and that's an excellent Library or try xbox360 where a lot of it is unknown

could you suggest some xbox360 games that i should try? I like:

Racing

FPS

3rd person shooters

action adventure

real time combat RPG

Never tried skyrim so might have to now

some zombie games

Just thought to ask my fellow gamers for advice, thank you in advance

happy new year

or i can get a ps4, some stores around my area do have ps4's in stock

any and all advice is appreciated
-The original Dead Rising is an awesome zombie game

-I'm not quite into them but the Gears of War series is pretty well received

-Tales of Vesperia is supposed to be a really good real time combat jrpg; outside of Japan it's an xbox 360 exclusive

-I also hear Prey is a pretty cool first person shooter

Those were the only ones I can think off the top of my head. And for the most part exclusives almost always play better on the Xbox 360. Skyrim was literally unplayable for the first week or so on the PS3. I have both systems and get a lot more use out of my Xbox, plus they're much cheaper. If you're not too into online I'd say go for the 360.

As another user already stated, I would go with your preference of controller.  I prefer the 360 controller over my PS3's any given day, thus practically all my multi-platform games are bought for my 360.  I also think that most multi-platform games play better on the 360, but the advantage in most cases is marginal.  Below are some of my recommendations.

Racing: Not a favorite genre of mine; I play only arcade racers -- Blur, Split/Second

FPS: Again, not a favorite genre but still enjoyed Halo 4 enough to finish it; also I hear Bioshock Infinite is fantastic :)  as are 1 and 2; also Doom 3 BFG and Bulletstorm

3rd person shooters: My favorite genre - Splinter Cell Conviction (IMHO, better than Blacklist), Binary Domain (a little known Sega gem), the Bourne Conspiracy (cheap and excellent; plays like a rustier Splinter Cell but fun), Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (War of Cybertron is not as good but still plenty fun), and let's not forget Squenix's Hitman Absolution and Sega's Vanquish (such an awesome game)

action adventure: Bayonetta, Anarchy Reigns, DMC, Castelvania: Lord of Shadows (sequel headed out this year), Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Revengeance, Lollipop Chainsaw (Suda 51's best game so far -- Killer is Dead is okay), From Software's Ninja Blade, the now defunct THQ's Darksiders 1 and 2, Namco's under-appreciated Enslaved and in the same vein, Capcom's new (but likely failed) IP, Remember Me

real time combat RPG: Again, not a favorite genre but Witcher 2 is an amazing title, there is also Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, may be the Last Remnant (both these last two are gorgeous games, albeit flawed), Fable II (better than III, IMHO) and EA's Kingdom of Amalur

some zombie games: Dead Rising 2 (never liked 1 much), Resident Evil Revelations,  RE5 and 6 (seriously, I didn't think 6 was THAT bad),  Dead Space trilogy (not really Zombies but still the best survival horror games around, 2 is the best one IMHO), Lollipop Chainsaw (here again because it's a zombie game), you might also like Shadow of the Damned (although it's not really a Zombie game, but there are plenty of undead - be forewarned it's another Suda 51 game so it's a little crazy -- not as good as Lollipop Chainsaw IMHO).

bread's done
Back