Should i buy a refurbished motherboard?

twiztidjester

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I am looking for a new motherboard to upgrade my pc with, On newegg they have a gigabyte socket 939 mobo refurbished for $60 it is a great deal only thing is it is Refurbished should i get it?

I bought a refurbed Abit NF7-S (v2) from newegg a year or so ago when they had it for $30 (when it was something like $95 new). It was perfect, came with pretty much everything.

Most of the time I hear people complain that they don't come with everything (box, stickers, manuals, cables, etc) that the retail one obviously does. I don't remember hearing about a lot of DOA boards. How much is the retail version of that mobo you're looking at? If it's really a steal, I'd probably go for it.

Do they have same warranty for refurbished one as new one? If they have warranty, then I don't see any problem buying the refurbished one to save $40.

3 of my current motherboards are newegg "refurbs". That being said they were all basically brand new in the package and complete when I got them. I have bought boards from them before and only received the motherboard with nothing else.

[quote name='mookiemeister']Do they have same warranty for refurbished one as new one? [/QUOTE]

No, it's only 15 days for mobos. I remember I was in a rush to get mine installed and tested to make sure I didn't have to return it.

OP: I would go for it as long as you can get it installed quickly and know how to handle it if it doesn't come with all the parts. It's a good deal.

[quote name='strebor']No, it's only 15 days for mobos. I remember I was in a rush to get mine installed and tested to make sure I didn't have to return it.

OP: I would go for it as long as you can get it installed quickly and know how to handle it if it doesn't come with all the parts. It's a good deal.[/QUOTE]

Yea and if it is missing stuff i could always find it on ebay Thanks Guys.;

bread's done
Back