Should I Buy a Wii?

lawlflip

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I have about $315 to spend, not sure if I want to buy a Wii or something else.

I really want to play RE4, Zack & Wiki, and Galaxy, but I don't know if I should fork out the $250+ to play them.

No, you shouldn't. Spend the money wisely on chocolate covered gummy bears.

It's a great system and you would enjoy the games you listed.

Don't do it.
AckbarStanding.jpg

Look at the upcoming Wii games, does anything look interesting. I mean if you see games coming out either soon or within this year that you would seriously consider playing, then go for one. I wouldn't just buy a Wii for Galaxy and Zack and Wiki (although they are my two favorite games this year) because what would happen if you play them and you don't like anything else?

So if you see any upcoming Wii games coming out that you would like or you like the VC idea, then sure go for one. I would not reccomend buying the Wii for just one or two games.

ok....
It seems that you want to play RE4, Zack & Wiki, and Galaxy on the Wii
but are not sure if it is worth $250+ to play them.
It is really up to you.
None of us here know more about yourself than you.
(If there are any Psychic cags in the house, please speak now)
Are there games on other systems you want to buy?
Is $250 a lot of money to you?
We have no idea what "something else" is suppose to be and how badly you want it compare to a Wii.
Sorry.

If you want a random opinion, then yes.
The Wii is worth exactly $6151.93.
You can pay me the rest to me if Nintendo doesn't want it.
:)

Wii has a lot of good titles. The wii mote gets REAL old real fast though.

If $315 is a lot to you then I wouldnt bother. Find a friend who has it and play it at their house. If you work for a living and $315 comes and goes every week then its something thats nice to have.

Isn't it always all about the games? There are lots of reasons to buy a Wii though:

- you love Nintendo first-party games
- you love playing older games [NES, SNES, etc]
- you never owned a Gamecube
- you don't play video games that often (or you do but the Wiii will be an alternative to a 360/PS3)
- you think motion controls are cool
- you don't care about playing online
- you don't care about graphics

For me, Zelda, Metroid, RE4, Mario Galaxy and Wii Sports has made the Wii worth it. I expect 3-4 AAA games from Nintendo each year and that's about it.

[quote name='gariig']Do you already own another console or gaming PC?[/quote] Yeah I own a 360.

[quote name='wbc1228']ok....
It seems that you want to play RE4, Zack & Wiki, and Galaxy on the Wii
but are not sure if it is worth $250+ to play them.
It is really up to you.
None of us here know more about yourself than you.
(If there are any Psychic cags in the house, please speak now)
Are there games on other systems you want to buy?
Is $250 a lot of money to you?
We have no idea what "something else" is suppose to be and how badly you want it compare to a Wii.
Sorry.

If you want a random opinion, then yes.
The Wii is worth exactly $6151.93.
You can pay me the rest to me if Nintendo doesn't want it.
:)[/quote] RE4, Z&W, and SMG are basically the only games i'm interested of on the Wii. Maybe No More Heroes and Brawl but one of my friends is just rubbing in my face how good Brawl is going to be and it makes me not want it at all.

$300 is probably a lot of money for me, I don't get that much often. I was thinking about spending it on a new video card, an EN8800GT but I don't think I want to upgrade the rest of my PC just to keep up to par. Also there's a lot of 360 games coming out I wouldn't mind having, but my 360's disc drive broke down a couple of weeks ago and I'm not positive that I won't get the RROD once I get it back from repair, costed me about $110 for a new drive.

First time I played the Wii I was really into it, Wii Sports was great. And seeing how cheap the games are compared to 360's I wouldn't mind having one. RE4 just looks amazing for the Wii and I really want to play past the first chapter.

[quote name='javeryh']Isn't it always all about the games? There are lots of reasons to buy a Wii though:

- you love Nintendo first-party games Check
- you love playing older games [NES, SNES, etc] Check
- you never owned a Gamecube Check
- you don't play video games that often (or you do but the Wiii will be an alternative to a 360/PS3) Check
- you think motion controls are cool Check
- you don't care about playing online Check
- you don't care about graphics Check

For me, Zelda, Metroid, RE4, Mario Galaxy and Wii Sports has made the Wii worth it. I expect 3-4 AAA games from Nintendo each year and that's about it.[/quote]
Heh, seems like I qualify.

On a side note, if you like strategy, give Fire Emblem a shot, I'm playing the new Wii one and I think it is great, though I recommend playing it with a classic controller or gamecube controller if possible, more convenient I am finding.....maybe you know all about it, but I think it is an overlooked Gem...and then there is Shining Force on the VC too.....but even if you don't like strategy the Wii is worth that much (again my opinion) as it is starting to really hit a stride and get out more games than just pure shovelware.

Ah... It's all mixed opinions. So Hard deciding.

I guess I'll just hold onto the money for awhile and think harder about what I would like to buy.

Thank guys.

You might like Super Paper Mario also.

There is however the challenge of actually finding a Wii that may present a problem.

[quote name='lawlflip']
RE4, Z&W, and SMG are basically the only games i'm interested of on the Wii. Maybe No More Heroes and Brawl but one of my friends is just rubbing in my face how good Brawl is going to be and it makes me not want it at all.

$300 is probably a lot of money for me... [/QUOTE]

Given those two statements, I'd say don't buy one right now.

Wait for more stuff you want to play to be out, and/or a price drop on the console (that could be a long time off given that they can't keep them on shelves).

Given those checks you made off of javery's list, thats a strong yes. Buying now is basically the same as buying a year from now, price wise.

You'll find more that interests you than your initial list once you actually get it into your home.

It's a tough call, especially if you need to fix your 360 or just did and are down $100. I would hold off, $300 is a lot of 360 games. If you are itching for another console to play because you've already played every 360 game then I'd get it otherwise just get all those 360 games you haven't played.

This is just my opinion but for what you are saying I would not. You can get a lot more spending that money on 360 games. Where the Wii really shines in my opinion is as a party system to get groups of people involved and multigenerational to play with older and younger people. But it's your decision. If you really want it, get it.

I rather like my Wii, but I suggest you wait.

The games you want are going to be easy to get for a very very long time. They aren't going anywhere. 250 dollars is a lot of money to put down for three games.

Do it for the 100% Gamecube backwards compatibility, the VC, and the 4-8 games a year that are actually worth your time and (roughly) full MSRP. Don't do it for sociological reasons, to feel 'included' by the nutty zealots or the 'mainstreamers' that are bound to totally forget why they even bothered within the next twelve months. Because that's what they do with everything.

It's a solid console, but it's no "Revolution", as it turns out. Hit "Mute" on the endless 'hosannas' from Nintendo's own, uh, evangelicals.

bread's done
Back