Should I buy Amped 2 or SSX 3 for Xbox?

I'd say SSX3.

If you're more into realism...then Amped2...

If you want free roaming, big air, super ubber tricks...SSX3 is the way to go...

Amped 2 is going for about $29.99 while SSX is still about $10-20 more. Depending on how much of a CAG that might factor in the equation.

Buy it used at Ebgames and use the aff25 discount for 25% off used title...

I'm at work now, so I can't verify the price point but I'm sure it'll be better than buying it new...

You can get SSX3 for $31.99 at gamefly. $34 with shipping isn't bad I guess. It's "pre-owned", but the Gamefly games always come with mint condition boxes/booklets (they don't send those out when they rent them to people) and the discs have always been perfect for me too.

BUT amped 2 is online. Depending on XBOXlive status, that makes the game much better. BUt, if you dont have live, get ssx

For those who use Gamefly to buy used copies:

Do they put stickers on the disks, case, or instruction manual? Do they punch holes in the UPC or the instruction manual, etc?

The webpage just describes the Instruction manual and the case as being in "like new condition," so I am more worried about the disk having some sort of label attached to it.

No Gourd. They are as if you bought them new (except, without the plastic wrap around it). No stickers anywhere. All they do is put a little card in the case that says something about Gamefly, but it isn't stuck to anything -- it's just loose like the instruction booklet. That's why I always like buying from them, cuz you can't even tell it was preowned.

And on the other hand, I bought MGS:2 from EB pre-played, it has a sticker on the manual, the case, and the manual looks like someone dunked it in a toilet.
Hence why I do not order pre-played games from EB anymore.

My vote is for amped2. if you snowboard buy amped2.
if you like unrealistic stuff get ssx.
both play well, just different.

I loved ssx tricky. I had an absolute ball.

That being said, I didnt like ssx3 near as much. I only put a few hours into it and it has since been shelved. Its possible that I might play it again because there seems to be alot of depth.

After playing that, I got the original amped. I really like the "realism" of it. It the second one is near identical, with online play, I think Id rather play amped 2, especially since it's cheaper.

I'd go with Amped 2. Graphics better. Game play better. It's not "realistic" but the logistics of a "realistic" feeling game are certainly worked out a lot better. And the slopes are modeled after actual slopes around the world.

Both games are solid but I enjoyed SSX3 better. It sucked me in longer, I found it more addictive, the characters are cool, and the soundtrack rocks.

[quote name='Sn0brawler']
After playing that, I got the original amped. I really like the "realism" of it. It the second one is near identical, with online play, I think Id rather play amped 2, especially since it's cheaper.[/quote]

amped 2 is a good amount better then the 1st.
the challenges are a bit deeper. the biggest changes are in the physics and the addition of butters manuals and presses.

amped2 is worth the extra $ over the 1st one.

[quote name='dustyeff']Amped 2 is only $20 at videogamedeals.com -- I bought it today.[/quote]

Me too. High five!

Ok... maybe not. :)

bread's done
Back