Should I buy this TV?

gofishn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Should I one of these TVs, or wait until the end of the year to try and snag one? Right now I'm debating between this TV:
http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=344750&pCatg=5883

and this TV:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HL-S5...s_1/104-9827101-6170359?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

My biggest gripe is the lack of a tuner for the Westinghouse. Either I buy an external tuner box or pay for one from the cable company which would be kind of expensive considering I couldn't make my roommate pay for half of the extra expenses on the cable bill. That wouldnt' be a problem with the Samsung since it has an integrated tuner and also I'd have to put that TV in our living room so my roommate probably wouldn't have a problem with getting a cable box from Comcast.

Anybody care to comment on either?

I would definitely go with the one from samsclub

100% return policy + smaller form factor (if thats an issue) + I've heard a lot of great things about the westy

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Wait are you actually getting cable or not?[/QUOTE]

Let me clarify. Right now we have basic cable, but I can watch unencrypted HD channels with the QAM tuner on my current HDTV. If I get the Westinghouse, it's going in my room, therefore if we had to get a box from Comcast, I'd have to pick up the extra charges on the cable bill. If I get the Samsung, it's going in our living room, in which case my roommate would have no problem with splitting the extra charges.

My other option is getting an external HD tuner/receiver box off eBay or something to watch TV in my room. I know it's confusing and I'm not sure if that actually helped, but that's probably the best way I can put it.

[quote name='gofishn']Let me clarify. Right now we have basic cable, but I can watch unencrypted HD channels with the QAM tuner on my current HDTV. If I get the Westinghouse, it's going in my room, therefore if we had to get a box from Comcast, I'd have to pick up the extra charges on the cable bill. If I get the Samsung, it's going in our living room, in which case my roommate would have no problem with splitting the extra charges.

My other option is getting an external HD tuner/receiver box off eBay or something to watch TV in my room. I know it's confusing and I'm not sure if that actually helped, but that's probably the best way I can put it.[/QUOTE]

Two quick questions, how much are you paying for your cable now? Also are you going to be hooking a desktop computer up to the Westinghouse monitor in your room (should you get it)?

Both TV sets are dorky.

I would go with the one that takes advantage of the games. try and find them in real life and pretend to buy them and test you hardware out on them.

Or just get the one where there is no edges on the pictures. I mean that is just stupid to get a screen and it has edges.

Just get the one with the bigger screen. make sure it has the special connectors for RGB and other including S-video.

The only downside to the Westinghouse is that it has no tuners, not even an SD tuner. If you plan on getting a cable box there's no issue at all really.

bread's done
Back