Should I date a girl that's bi? *UPDATE She isn't bi.*

to mess around with yes, if you're expecting anything serious no. I mean she can't even decide what sex she likes, how is she ever going to settle down with a penis? Vagina even?

the problem is that many bisexuals (male and female) will not consider it cheating if it is a member of the same sex. If your girl feels the need to hook-up with another girl and it will bother you in terms of "being faithful" than you may want to avoid the problem and just have fun and shag a bit then move on.

[quote name='nasum']the problem is that many bisexuals (male and female) will not consider it cheating if it is a member of the same sex.[/quote]

HA! That's an even better rule than "if it's not in the same zip code, it's not considered cheating."

[quote name='nasum']the problem is that many bisexuals (male and female) will not consider it cheating if it is a member of the same sex. [/quote]

I still wonder how anyone can even arrive at such a conclusion. If you let people put their mouths where the general population doesn't have access, its cheating.

First off, I've dated a number of bisexual girls, and I've never had any problems with infidelity or anything else. I also don't date them just to try to score a threesome (as Mooky said, you can get that from a straight girl if you want it that badly), so there's that. But I think you have some major hurdles to overcome here, and I'm surprised nobody has brought them up. Mainly:

[quote name='Collectordragon']Truthfully that bothers me too but it's unrealistic for her not to have dated other guys and I know she has. As a guy who's still waiting to be with the right person it's difficult knowing that most of the girls I've gone out with probably haven't waited. Like Dunvane said, bi girls can be promiscuous which I'm the exact opposite of.[/QUOTE]

First off, you're using "dated" interchangeably with "is sexually attracted to" and "had sex with." It's not THAT unreasonable to want to wait to have sex. But you have a problem with girls who have just DATED other guys? That's not just unrealistic, that's asinine. Meeting the "right" person, who you magically have a perfect relationship with, in spite of never having had any prior relationships, only happens in fairy tales. Now, if you're young, this is a common misconception. You'll get over it. But if you're older, you need to wise up, like, yesterday.

My experience with super sexually curious women is that their all crazy. Most have been thrown around from man to man or have been violated in some strange way.

Some bi girl wanted my nuts hardcore. After further investigation I found out she had been raped, was sexually assaulted multiple times, and was generally crazy. I personally wouldn't recommend dating this chick. That's a lot of baggage you most likely won't want to deal with (I also imagine she won't let you hit it and quit since you're somewhat friends now and trying to move to another level). Also fooling around with two chicks isn't all it's cracked up to be. I thought it would be fun but it wasn't.

Moral of the story is try to just hit or get a threesome, but avoid dating her...however be prepared for some repercussions if you do end up fooling around with her. You shouldn't really date trashy women anyways.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Yes date. No, don't be concerned.

I think we're done here.[/QUOTE]
Agreed.

People who assume that bisexuals are more likely to be promiscuous or unfaithful are stupid and can die plz.

Not all girls are like this, but many do the bisexual thing just for attention. If that's the case, she's probably fucking nuts to begin with and not worth any more than having some fun with if you enjoy not stressing yourself out.

If you like her then yes you should.

If you don't then no you shouldn't.

Sexual health aside (IE potential of having STDs), someone's dating or sexual history should have absolutely no bearing on the present.

[quote name='Wolfkin']I say no. But I say this assuming that she actualy is Bi. I haven't read the entire thread but others have pointed out before me that a) you don't know for sure b) you're getting your intel from facebook. and c) you don't know for sure.

You first priority should be the find out if you haven't already. Relationships are all about learning and all that jazz but you want to know something about her before you take a step like that. Of course by 'find out' I mean just ask. If we learned nothing from sitcoms it's that trying to find out information in any method other than just asking will lead to a half-hour of hilarity which sounds like fun but really just wastes 28 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Well I am a chef living with two girls and pretending to be gay so our landlord won't kick me out. :D

Like i said earlier in the thread I sent an email asking about it. I won't worry about it any more it is what it is. If she wants a monogamous relationship at the end of the day I guess it doesn't really matter as long as she's attracted to me. Thinking about it considering some of the fugly dudes other girls I've dated have gone out with in the past other girls are probably an improvement. Have any of you ever dated a girl and seen her ex-bf and thought wtf?

[quote name='trq']First off, I've dated a number of bisexual girls, and I've never had any problems with infidelity or anything else. I also don't date them just to try to score a threesome (as Mooky said, you can get that from a straight girl if you want it that badly), so there's that. But I think you have some major hurdles to overcome here, and I'm surprised nobody has brought them up. Mainly:

First off, you're using "dated" interchangeably with "is sexually attracted to" and "had sex with." It's not THAT unreasonable to want to wait to have sex. But you have a problem with girls who have just DATED other guys? That's not just unrealistic, that's asinine. Meeting the "right" person, who you magically have a perfect relationship with, in spite of never having had any prior relationships, only happens in fairy tales. Now, if you're young, this is a common misconception. You'll get over it. But if you're older, you need to wise up, like, yesterday.[/QUOTE]

You misunderstood me. I was referring to past guys a girl has been with sexually. I don't care that a girl has dated other guys since I've dated other girls it'd be hypocritical, unrealistic, and unfair. It's what they've done with those other guys that bugs me. Some of them have been with like 20+ guys. Is it just me or is that kind of gross? One girl I went out with told me she had given oral sex to the other guy she was dating the night before. She said it very matter of fact too like we went to a movie, had dinner, and then oral. We were not in a serious relationship though she was just casually dating a few different guys including me. That still seemed nasty. Am I overacting or was that a little out there for her to do and tell me about? At least she's honest.

[quote name='theeipi']all this was covered in the movie, "Chasing Amy"[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen that movie but wasn't that about a straight guy pursuing a lesbian? This girl is at most bi and she initiated things with me.

[quote name='lordwow']What a stupid thread. My gf is bi, it's no big deal.[/QUOTE]
Indeed.

The belief that bisexual women are more likely to be promiscuous and unfaithful is born of the same dunder-headed, backwards mindset that makes people think that a guy who fucks as many girls as he can is a badass, while a girl who sleeps around is a slut. Disgusting.

[quote name='Collectordragon']You misunderstood me. I was referring to past guys a girl has been with sexually. I don't care that a girl has dated other guys since I've dated other girls it'd be hypocritical, unrealistic, and unfair. It's what they've done with those other guys that bugs me. Some of them have been with like 20+ guys. Is it just me or is that kind of gross? One girl I went out with told me she had given oral sex to the other guy she was dating the night before. She said it very matter of fact too like we went to a movie, had dinner, and then oral. We were not in a serious relationship though she was just casually dating a few different guys including me. That still seemed nasty. Am I overacting or was that a little out there for her to do and tell me about? At least she's honest.[/quote]

Overreacting. Seriously, it's already 7 years past the new millenium (6 if you want to get technical) and there's really no point in being prudish about a person's sexual history, guy or girl. I don't think it's even TMI. She just said she gave oral. Now if she went into the gory details, then it's TMI. But even then, it's still not a big deal. Be thankful she's honest about her history so you know what you're getting into. I've had way too many questionable moments of STD scares that a girl who is upfront about her sexual past is a godsend. Don't think, do.

[quote name='jaykrue']Overreacting. Seriously, it's already 7 years past the new millenium (6 if you want to get technical) and there's really no point in being prudish about a person's sexual history, guy or girl. I don't think it's even TMI. She just said she gave oral. Now if she went into the gory details, then it's TMI. But even then, it's still not a big deal. Be thankful she's honest about her history so you know what you're getting into. I've had way too many questionable moments of STD scares that a girl who is upfront about her sexual past is a godsend. Don't think, do.[/QUOTE]

Well, the thing about that girl (this is not the girl the topic is about) is she also said she didn't use condoms with that guy because she trusted him. You can still spread STDs via oral and I think that's a valid concern. Trusting someone does not guarantee they won't give you an STD unless they're tested and you know the results.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Pictures and/or video, please.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, no pictures. If I get into a relationship with this girl I'll post pics then. :)

[quote name='Collectordragon']Well, the thing about that girl (this is not the girl the topic is about) is she also said she didn't use condoms with that guy because she trusted him. You can still spread STDs via oral and I think that's a valid concern. Trusting someone does not guarantee they won't give you an STD unless they're tested and you know the results.[/quote]

Fair enough. However, even if they get tested, that only covers what has happened in the past. It's no guarantee that she won't cheat or give you an STD in the future (or both), either. Sooner or later, you're just going to have to trust that person.

As to the relationship aspect, you're overthinking this. If you're suffering from a bout of analysis paralysis, she's gonna notice it soon and I've gotta tell ya, that's pretty much a turn off for anyone, guy or girl. Man up and ask her straight out if it still bothers you instead of letting the issue linger. The sooner you know how she feels, the sooner you can move on in your relationship w/ each other or (in a worst case scenario) move on to another person who is more compatible to you.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Cause if its just that shes "Bi" sexually, this thread is retarded. Being "bi" doesnt make you more likely to cheat, or even more likely to have sex more... its just a name.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Bisexual? That's just another word for "too lazy to pick a side". Be glad she's chosen your side for the moment and proceed.

Internets is funny stuff. You should do what you feel you must do. The opinions of anyone other than yourself mean jack shit. There are many things to consider, but it's you that has to decide. These e-tards will chime in with their biased, cliched opinions, but most of them will never have a girlfriend, will never have a threesome, or are still sitting home with mom and dad, reading Maxim and watching football games when they're not on here, trying to feel important.

Do what you want, and don't ever stop feeling :)

i think i bi is a way of saying that ur not a lezbian/gay but u really are. but hey w/e. i cant really give u a true opinion cause the only girl i hang with thats bi is a physco. shes literally crazy but shes cool. lol

EDIT: WAIT LEMME SEE A PIC. IF SHES SMOKIN HOT GO FOR IT MANN. LOL

[quote name='Collectordragon']Sorry, no pictures. If I get into a relationship with this girl I'll post pics then. :)[/quote]

No pictures and she has facebook/myspace? Lies.

[quote name='Collectordragon']You misunderstood me. I was referring to past guys a girl has been with sexually. I don't care that a girl has dated other guys since I've dated other girls it'd be hypocritical, unrealistic, and unfair. It's what they've done with those other guys that bugs me. Some of them have been with like 20+ guys. Is it just me or is that kind of gross? One girl I went out with told me she had given oral sex to the other guy she was dating the night before. She said it very matter of fact too like we went to a movie, had dinner, and then oral. We were not in a serious relationship though she was just casually dating a few different guys including me. That still seemed nasty. Am I overacting or was that a little out there for her to do and tell me about? At least she's honest.[/QUOTE]

First off, the girl is honest, and that's extremely important. You don't want to be in a relationship with somebody who sidesteps the issue, because that's where the real risk of ending up with an STD lies. It's very important that a potential partner respects you enough to be upfront about his or her sexual history.

However, context is a factor, too. We're talking about a girl who gave oral sex to her date the night before, and then tells you about it? Not only is that gross (especially since she didn't use a condom because she "trusted the guy"), I personally would find it insulting that she'd try to make casual conversation out of her sexual encounter that happened the night before. Girls who have slept with 20+ guys? Personally, I'd pass. I'm old-fashioned in that I have little interest in casual sex and believe that sex should carry emotional meaning, but regardless I would assume (perhaps falsely, admittedly) that somebody who is this promiscuous is really, REALLY not someone you should be considering for a longterm relationship. Maybe I'm nuts, but a long list of previous partners implies to me that this person not only wouldn't be interested in anything longterm anyway, but would be more likely to use you and move on to the next guy in a short period of time.

As for the bisexual girl--dude, it's Facebook. People get "married" on Facebook because they think it's funny. It's really not a reliable source of information. You say that you've emailed her about it--If it turns out that she is bisexual, what's most important is that you are comfortable with her and with a potential relationship with her. Frankly, you already know how you feel about the situation, and if it's a major issue for you (which is fine; don't let anybody tell you otherwise), you should forget it and move on. I have no issue with you asking strangers on the internet about your love life, but make sure that you trust yourself above us.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Agreed.

People who assume that bisexuals are more likely to be promiscuous or unfaithful are stupid .[/quote]

I agree.

[quote name='Pookymeister']No pictures and she has facebook/myspace? Lies.[/QUOTE]

She has pictures. I meant I'm not posting pictures unless I'm in a relationship with the girl.

[quote name='Pylis']First off, the girl is honest, and that's extremely important. You don't want to be in a relationship with somebody who sidesteps the issue, because that's where the real risk of ending up with an STD lies. It's very important that a potential partner respects you enough to be upfront about his or her sexual history.

However, context is a factor, too. We're talking about a girl who gave oral sex to her date the night before, and then tells you about it? Not only is that gross (especially since she didn't use a condom because she "trusted the guy"), I personally would find it insulting that she'd try to make casual conversation out of her sexual encounter that happened the night before. Girls who have slept with 20+ guys? Personally, I'd pass. I'm old-fashioned in that I have little interest in casual sex and believe that sex should carry emotional meaning, but regardless I would assume (perhaps falsely, admittedly) that somebody who is this promiscuous is really, REALLY not someone you should be considering for a longterm relationship. Maybe I'm nuts, but a long list of previous partners implies to me that this person not only wouldn't be interested in anything longterm anyway, but would be more likely to use you and move on to the next guy in a short period of time.

As for the bisexual girl--dude, it's Facebook. People get "married" on Facebook because they think it's funny. It's really not a reliable source of information. You say that you've emailed her about it--If it turns out that she is bisexual, what's most important is that you are comfortable with her and with a potential relationship with her. Frankly, you already know how you feel about the situation, and if it's a major issue for you (which is fine; don't let anybody tell you otherwise), you should forget it and move on. I have no issue with you asking strangers on the internet about your love life, but make sure that you trust yourself above us.[/QUOTE]

I'm old-fashioned too. I'm looking for a long-term monogamous relationship and only want to have sex with someone I love.

Turns out the people who said don't take Facebook seriously were right. She's not bi at all. I'm new to the whole social networking scene. I know most of the information on her profile is legit so that's why the hooking up with and relationships with girls stuff threw me off.

I dated a whore before, told me stories of getting fucked by everyone when she was younger, and then the stories got more and more insane. I don't know if she was lying or telling the truth. Either way she claimed she had changed, but didn't in the least. Needless to say we haven't talked in months. :)

She was only 23, and if you can't keep track of how many guys that have fucked you than you have had too much sex.

And trusting Facebook, of MySpace is like trusting George Bush, it's just a fucking dumb thing to do. You put you are bi, gay, or straight just to attact different people.

[quote name='Collectordragon']I'm old-fashioned too. I'm looking for a long-term monogamous relationship and only want to have sex with someone I love.

Turns out the people who said don't take Facebook seriously were right. She's not bi at all. I'm new to the whole social networking scene. I know most of the information on her profile is legit so that's why the hooking up with and relationships with girls stuff threw me off.[/QUOTE]

Well, now that that's resolved, I hope things work out for you guys if you decide to pursue a relationship with this girl. Good luck.

[quote name='Pylis']Well, now that that's resolved, I hope things work out for you guys if you decide to pursue a relationship with this girl. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. :)

I read most of this shit, and no pictures, wtf. I figured we all wanted to see the bi chick.

[quote name='Brak']Bi girls = Attention whoring whores

:][/quote]

Or lesbians, either way he isn't getting any.

[quote name='Collectordragon']I talked to her and turns out she isn't bi at all. The Facebook entries that implied that were all a joke.[/quote]

did she admit to liking you less after you revealed how gullible and naive you were?

bread's done
Back