Should I do this to upgrade to the new Slim?

MrFriday18

CAGiversary!
I have 2 Playstation 3's and 1 Jasper Xbox 360 Elite in my household. With GS's promotion ending today with getting $200 for my ps3 and $140 total for my 360, should I trade in 2 consoles for the new 360 slim? I really do not play my extra PS3, so just wondering if it would be worth giving up 2 consoles for the new slim plus $40 in trade in credit. Just wanted to get everyones opinion. Thanks

Why not the earlier 360's are prone to RROD failures.
If you still play the 360, the newer ones are probably better cooling wise than the previous models.

They're not so great at cooling if the latest reports are accurate, wherein the xbox360 Stout will shut off to prevent problems from happening.

I traded in my old system plus hard drive for $130 and it was well worth it to me. Slim's way quieter and gives me a new warranty. I'd say if you have a second PS3 that doesn't get used, might as well get $200 for it while you can.

[quote name='spree4567']I traded in my old system plus hard drive for $130 and it was well worth it to me. Slim's way quieter and gives me a new warranty. I'd say if you have a second PS3 that doesn't get used, might as well get $200 for it while you can.[/QUOTE]
you know there is no 3 year rrod warranty on the slim.

probably because there's is no rrod.. there's just the red dot of death. It still comes with a 1 year warranty through Microsoft, though.

[quote name='spree4567']I traded in my old system plus hard drive for $130 and it was well worth it to me. Slim's way quieter and gives me a new warranty. I'd say if you have a second PS3 that doesn't get used, might as well get $200 for it while you can.[/QUOTE]

I agree especially if it's a 40 gb phat. Even if you don't get anything you still have 200 credit to spend in the future.

If you have a ps3 that doesn't get used much, trade in the other ps3 that does get used more often. It's probably worn out and ready for sony's graveyard.

bread's done
Back