Should i get one of the new pokemon games?

An J0e

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
i got one of those $10 towards next purchase codes from gamestop from borderlands order. When i hit browse all to find something low in price (so the code was better then cag 16 ext) one of the first tings i saw was the new pokemon game. So my question should i get a pokemon game for ds, and if so which one.

i remember these when i was 10 (i had yellow and silver), and this just seems like a great bit of nostalgia. problem i have is there are alot out, some arn't like the old ones, and some are just remakes.

are the ds ones like the old ones? i read one of the threads about them and is it necessary to do all the trading and specific leveling, or are they just really into it? can i play it without doing all that stuff.

i am assuming the ones with a color or crystal are the types that are like the old ones, diamond, emerald, platinum, gold, red.

i don't want a remake of ether yellow or silver (because i already beat them). i think the newest ones are remakes because they have the same covers.

so which should i get, or have they changed too much where i should forget the idea all together.

P.S. how many pokemon are there now ( i remember 150- then like 230, then i quit)

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald on the GBA, and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum on the DS are completely new games. The major changes to the battle system and new Pokemon are all in the remakes, but the stories are the same as the originals. If you want a completely new experience your best bet is to get Platinum. It's the newest version of the most recent completely new Pokemon generation.

You don't have to get into EVs, IVs, and competitive battling. The single-player game plays out much like the first one did. It's an easy, nostalgic, and addictive ride. In the end you might want to take a dip into the competitive training. If not, you'll still get at least thirty hours out of the game.

[quote name='Filbert']Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald on the GBA, and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum on the DS are completely new games. The major changes to the battle system and new Pokemon are all in the remakes, but the stories are the same as the originals. If you want a completely new experience your best bet is to get Platinum. It's the newest version of the most recent completely new Pokemon generation.

You don't have to get into EVs, IVs, and competitive battling. The single-player game plays out much like the first one did. It's an easy, nostalgic, and addictive ride. In the end you might want to take a dip into the competitive training. If not, you'll still get at least thirty hours out of the game.[/QUOTE]

You sold me on it, ill get platinum. sounds like just what i expect it to be.

and GOOD LORD, NEARLY 500 GOTTA CATCH .... some of them.....

Yeah this series is getting super stale, but this one has just enough content to keep you busy, so I would say its a buy for sure.

Definitely a good buy. If you can I'd pick up Platinum to get you up to speed on all the new Pokemon and grab Heartgold or Soulsilver just for nostalgias sake. Platinum is the game that got me hooked back on the series.

No! Don't do it! Stick with the original Red and Blue or even Gold and Silver. The rest are lame.

Plus its 2010. Nobody in America cares about Pokemon anymore

bread's done
Back