Should I get Suikoden 3?

tdphillips

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I saw a new copy of Suikoden 3 for $30 today. Is it worth getting? I've never played either of the first 2 Suikodens, but I'm a huge fan of turn-based traditional and strategy RPGs. Also, about how long does it take to get through this game? I have a few to get through from all the recent deals, and it could help me determine if I should pick this up or not.

TIA for all the help.

I say no, not for that price anyway. The battle system really rubbed me the wrong way. They allow you up to 6 characters in battle but you have to control them in groups of 2. Why let you have 6 when you only control 3?!

[quote name='suko_32']15 at TRU Great game IMO.[/quote]

thx, I don't remember seeing at any TRUs near me, but I'll probably try again this week. I probably won't be spending 30 though.

This is a bargain bin game.

The battle system is utter crap. It is incomprehensible how they would let you have 6 members in your party but only be able to control them in groups of 2 - so if one person in a group needs a potion the ENTIRE GROUP has to stop fighting just so that one member can drink a potion. It's plain stupid.

It would be a really good game otherwise.

$30 for a sealed copy is a great deal.

If you like RPG's, then get it. If you don't like RPG's, then don't. Its not a bad game.

I'm looking for a case for this game myself, got the game and manual. So if someone really hates it, punish it by depriving it of its case (and trading it to me)

I agree the battle system pissed me off, if you can get suikoden 1 and 2. suikoden 4 is going back to the old battle system.

I think Suikoden III is one of the better RPG games on PS2. My only complaints are that the story is kind of slow, the battles system isn't really the greatest, and the soundtrack seems kind of empty once in a while. Otherwise, I think it's a great game and can't wait to get my hands on Suikoden IV next year. I paid $50 for mine because at the time I got it, Konami stopped production and there was talks that you better buy it now or you'll never see it again. I searched everywhere in my area and bought the last brand new copy. It was worth the $50 IMO.

I don't think you should. The first two games are way better. The third one was just an average rpg game. The third just can't compete with the first two. IMO you should use the $30 bucks to try and score the first two game on ebay, expensive but well worth it.

i just beat that game, and it's defiantly worth $30. but i must worn you it does take about 6 to 10 hours of gameplay to get the story moving and to become exciting.

[quote name='Samurai T']I think Suikoden III is one of the better RPG games on PS2. My only complaints are that the story is kind of slow, the battles system isn't really the greatest, and the soundtrack seems kind of empty once in a while. Otherwise, I think it's a great game and can't wait to get my hands on Suikoden IV next year. I paid $50 for mine because at the time I got it, Konami stopped production and there was talks that you better buy it now or you'll never see it again. I searched everywhere in my area and bought the last brand new copy. It was worth the $50 IMO.[/quote]

I agree, although I kicked myself when the $20 price drop came less than a week later. :x

Its a pretty decent game, its not as good as 1 or 2 but its much better than most of the other PS2 RPGs and if you don't like it just sell it you should at least break even.

[quote name='blueweltall'] IMO you should use the $30 bucks to try and score the first two game on ebay, expensive but well worth it.[/quote]

:lol: Maybe you could buy the manuals for $30

I played Suikoden 1 and 2 on PS1 a little and they seem pretty cool. Heard that 4 is coming in November.

[quote name='RichD1'][quote name='blueweltall'] IMO you should use the $30 bucks to try and score the first two game on ebay, expensive but well worth it.[/quote]

:lol: Maybe you could buy the manuals for $30[/quote]

That's about all I could afford for $30 for those 2. I'm still debating, so keep the comments coming!

bread's done
Back