Should i go ahead a pay for the item i won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

CAG Ultra Noob
I won my first auction on a item and was a little worried because the seller has no seller feedback only positive feedback as a buyer(3 to be exact).I tried to contact him today to ask him when does he shipped his items out but no response.Should i jusut go ahead and pay for the item?

Uh, you bought it. Yeah you should pay for it...

You're asking about when he'll send it and you haven't even paid for it.

Yeah, he won't send it until you pay.

The time to decide if you want to buy from a particular seller is before you place the bid.

I'd maybe have avoided a seller with that level of FB myself.

[quote name='wubb']Yeah, he won't send it until you pay.

The time to decide if you want to buy from a particular seller is before you place the bid.

I'd maybe have avoided a seller with that level of FB myself.[/QUOTE]

Next time i will avoid a seller with low feedback,well i went ahead and paid for the item.In the worst case scernio what if i don't receive my item?

i think you worry too much. everyone has to start somewhere. with low feedback sellers i always expect 1. the item to take a while to be delivered and 2. the communications to be poor.

[quote name='Mugen']Next time i will avoid a seller with low feedback,well i went ahead and paid for the item.In the worst case scernio what if i don't receive my item?[/QUOTE]

Depends on how you paid. Assuming PayPal you'd first dispute it with PayPal (if you get nothing you should win this unless the seller is a true scammer who works the system) If PayPal can't recover the funds you'd then dispute with your credit card company if you paid via CC through PayPal.

If you paid with a money order you're pretty well fucked. You could contact the police and possibly file mail fraud on the guy.

Most likely there won't be a problem, but I still try to stick to sellers with a bit of a track record under their belt.

I've had generally good luck with new sellers... I just look at their description of the item.

If it's a new seller who did the description like a moron or doesn't use any details, I avoid them like the plague. Otherwise, if the item's well described then I go ahead and buy from them.

Well have not heard anything from the seller as of yet, should i make a dispute or wait it out?

[quote name='Mugen']Well have not heard anything from the seller as of yet, should i make a dispute or wait it out?[/quote]
Calm down and give it a couple days. New sellers seem to be kinda bad at communicating.

[quote name='Mugen']Well have not heard anything from the seller as of yet, should i make a dispute or wait it out?[/quote]

Sellers have 7 days to ship items. Even if you wanted to you can't dispute it right now.

Can you provide a link to the auction?

he has 7 from the day u payed for it not when u win it

honestly, you would be a sellers nightmare

He has what looks to be a picture he took himself and took the time to write out a brief, detailed description, so you should be fine. Everyone has to start somewhere on ebay, and with him being new, you should give him a chance.

Seeing as you're a new user (or have a new account), I'll just say that you shouldn't worry so much about getting scammed. As long as you do your research, check for warning signs, and try to avoid frequently counterfeited goods, you'll be fine. Shipping takes, on average, about a week (shorter for UPS, longer for Media Mail), and after you add the time it takes for the seller to ship it (usually longer for a less established user), it could take up to two weeks before you see anything. Now, a good seller would ship it within two business days from the date of payment, but it doesn't mean he's trying to pull a scam if he decides not to.

The best deals come from (0) feedback sellers because most bidders avoid them. The price ends cheaper.
[quote name='Access_Denied']One thing to avoid in 100% of cases, is sellers using a stock photo. If they don't have their own picture of THEIR item, don't buy it.[/quote]

I object. I use stock photos (grabbed from amazon), for one simple reason:

- I don't have a camera.

My use of amazon's stock photos doesn't mean I sell junk. "New" means new and that's what I deliver.

[quote name='jimflox']I'm hungry... should I eat the food in my freezer?[/QUOTE]

You can throw yourself in the feeezer for all i care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back