Should i import a PSP and where is the best spot to do it?

Maynard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Wow, i haven't posted in a while, like 2 months, now that is out of the way, i want to get a PSP. I'm wondering do i import it for 450$ off ebay and it comes with a game and the value pack. Do i wait till it comes out here and deal with it??? You guys help me out i trust this community. Also where would i pick one up other than ebay.com, or lik-sang.com????

MeyNeRD

the system is scheduled to be out in 2 months, i dont see why you would pay 2-2.5 times the price for havinging it a month or two early.

Importing systems is way more than it used to be. I imported an original GBA soon after it came out in Japan for only $100 (the US launch price).

Just wait for two months. Who knows the psp might come bundle with a game or demo by than and I'll bet Sony will fix most of the problems with the psp before it lanuch here in the U.S.

If your truly impatient, NCSX.com (a great import shop) has just lowered the price of the PSP Value pack they are stocking. It's still over $400, but some are willing to pay that.

I would of considered it (and sold a kidney to afford it) but with all the hardware problems I've read about, I'm deciding to wait. Seeing the snafu that is the Square button alignment is pretty hilarious, or the dpad right arrow issues, drive door alignment and dead pixel issues. Most issues will of course only affect the minority, but some seem to be inherit flaws (that Square button contact is rather sad). Considering most, if not all, import shops aren't accepting returns on the PSP regardless of defect, it seems awfully wise to wait and hope Sony irons out some of the issues.

Out of all the problems I've read, the one I hate the most is the greasy-finger prone glossy surface.... yes, that bothers me as I know I'll cop a case of OCD trying to keep that beauty clean :)

a store near me has the psp for 280. I can try and help you out to get you one if you want. I dont thinbk its the value one though. I think its just the system. Im in NYC and its a place in china town that has it.

I imported a PSP, and luckily I was able to pick mine out from a batch the seller had, so I was able to choose one with no dead pixels or dust.

Some people are getting dead pixels and dust, which I witnessed in the other PSP's the seller had. I can't tell you not to import it because I did it myself, but if I were to get a "defective" unit I would be really pissed. I really think the best thing is to wait another 2 months if you don't want to take a chance. Or do what I did, look on ebay for a local seller who will let you check out the unit first.

Akkis - No idea how this would work, but I'm definately interested if you can provide more info. I need to look into the Japanese released games though and see which ones I need. Any idea on game prices?

i know its expensive its just so tempting cause i have extra money right now RRRRRgggrrrrrrr Find out about that import store for me please

[quote name='murcielago77']how much are these things gonna be at release?[/quote]

I believe the Japanese release price was $185 for the standard pack. That -should- mean a $199 price point here, maybe a bit lower.

Welcome back Maynard, I missed your "get out" sig.

WAIT. For the love of all that is cheap and video game related WAIT for the PSP to come out here. Not only will you save money, but there is a very good chance that Sony will use these few months before a North American launch to hammer out the few kinks that plagued the Japanese launch (dead pixels, etc)

$50 at any B&M Gamestop will guarantee you a system come launch. I suggest you put some of your funds there.

I agree with Rising Zan.....wait, it'll save you a ton of $$, and it's highly likely Sony will fix the kinks and come out with a competitive price ($150 for the system only??) to battle the DS. Patience my son, patience.

P.S. You must be a Tool fan. I love Tool, best bad ever. We need a new CD soon.

My friend just got back from taiwan, where he bought his for 450 (valuepack) I got a few laps in on ridgeracers and a versus game of Puyo Pop.

It's an awesome little device and I'm certain I will own one... but I'm gonna waut for the domestic release. Seriously it's a tight package but take it from someone who actually used one not more than 6 hours ago, you can wait. Put that money aside in a nice metal box and wait the couple of months then you can buy the value pack AND games with it at the same time.

Hey Akkis99, I also live in Manhattan - where in Chinatown is this place you were talking about? For the sake of conversation I was banging a girl who lived on Elizabeth b/w Broom and Grand... she was from Pittsburgh though - no Chinese blood whatsoever...

well i have listened to you guys i got a free Nintendo DS from a contest, i posted it up on ebay and got a $170 bucks for it so i bid on a psp from japan i'm not paying anymore than i would in america. Its 400 bucks so i'm using the money from the ds and pretending that it didn't exist and it comes with 5 games so thats a wicked deal. I get MGS, Lumienes, RR, Golf, Dynasty warriors. I saw that and was like hmm worth it. The problem i'm having with waiting is that i have a friend at work who stops by and has one and i can't stop loving this fucking thing. Seriously nintendo is about to have to think about what they're going to do, its unreal. The sad part is that my brother works for sony, and i can't even get one through him. He helped develop the NG 1922 processor used for the graphics chip. Rising zan good to see you too i have a new sig i'm about to put up you should get a RISE out of iT HAR HAR HAR...gay..... alright lets hope i win. IF i do its really only costing me about 230 out of pocket and thats how much it will cost with tax so here we go!

bread's done
Back