Should I preorder from Amazon or GS instead?

Azurken

CAGiversary!
So there are these two games I want to get, Lost Planet 2 and Red Dead Redemption. Gamestop.com lists the preorder bonuses for these 2 but it seems amazon.com does not. So am I assuming these are exclusive preorder bonuses that only gs.com has and amazon.com doesnt??

On the other hand amazon.com saves you $12 for me, (new games at B&M will cost me $65 with tax).

Id pick amazon personally unless the pre-order bonus from GS is amazing. The last game I pre-ordered (with release date delivery) from GS was GTA4 and it came 2 days late because of a computer error. Got a refund on shipping but was still 2 days late. On the other hand, Amazon pre-orders always come on the day for me. Also, I wouldnt be surprised if Amazon puts a 10$ credit for preorders on one of them before their release.

I'm in the same dilemma ;/ with those games and others... gamestop has free ship (albeit saver shipping...) and 25% off AND most of their games come with preorder dlc or $10/$20 credit for future purchase. Even with tax and slower shipping, gamestop looks to be the winner.

Example:
Lost Planet 2
Amazon - $56.99 + release date delivery
Gamestop - $44.99 + Saver shipping + two GameStop exclusive multiplayer maps for preordering.

Red Dead Redemption
Amazon - $56.99 + release date delivery + $10 giftcard
Gamestop - $44.99 + Saver shipping + $10 credit + Gamestop Exclusive SPECIAL EDITION upgrade free.

Tough call but ask yourself this. Do you want those pre-order bonuses or can you live without them?

For Red Dead Redemption the bonus is kinda nice but I don't think it's enough to outweigh saving money. Amazon wins here.

For Lost Planet 2, if you plan on playing online, two extra maps would be very nice considering non-pre-order people will have to pay extra to get that. Unless you're going for the single player experience alone, Gamestop wins here.

If I had the spare cash and no huge backlog I'm trying to force myself to get through, that would be my plan of attack.

[quote name='quatrevav35']I'm in the same dilemma ;/ with those games and others... gamestop has free ship (albeit saver shipping...) and 25% off AND most of their games come with preorder dlc or $10/$20 credit for future purchase. Even with tax and slower shipping, gamestop looks to be the winner.

Example:
Lost Planet 2
Amazon - $56.99 + release date delivery
Gamestop - $44.99 + Saver shipping + two GameStop exclusive multiplayer maps for preordering.

Red Dead Redemption
Amazon - $56.99 + release date delivery + $10 giftcard
Gamestop - $44.99 + Saver shipping + $10 credit + Gamestop Exclusive SPECIAL EDITION upgrade free.[/QUOTE]

Wait you can actually spend less than $50 on each game from gamestop.com???

[quote name='dumlaox']Tough call but ask yourself this. Do you want those pre-order bonuses or can you live without them?

For Red Dead Redemption the bonus is kinda nice but I don't think it's enough to outweigh saving money. Amazon wins here.

For Lost Planet 2, if you plan on playing online, two extra maps would be very nice considering non-pre-order people will have to pay extra to get that. Unless you're going for the single player experience alone, Gamestop wins here.

If I had the spare cash and no huge backlog I'm trying to force myself to get through, that would be my plan of attack.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is cheaper and it has bonuses, check my earlier post.

[quote name='Azurken']Wait you can actually spend less than $50 on each game from gamestop.com???[/QUOTE]
don't know what you mean, but you use the 25off coupon when you order both together and those are the individual prices, you can choose to cancel each item you want without consequence (currently anyway).

And of course you add in your state's tax rate to the price i listed for gamestop.

I guess its time for me to make a gamestop account.. is it the same as your Gameinformer account and edge card number?

Alright so on the website, Ive added it to my cart, and the total is $119.98 Is there an other code I use besides just the "25OFF" ????

the new total should be about.. 89.95+my state tax right??

and will I recieve the codes right away or on the release day? and about that $10 credit... how will that be applied? is it just free money into my account or they send me a giftcard?

[quote name='Azurken']Alright so on the website, Ive added it to my cart, and the total is $119.98 Is there an other code I use besides just the "25OFF" ????

the new total should be about.. 89.95+my state tax right??

and will I recieve the codes right away or on the release day? and about that $10 credit... how will that be applied? is it just free money into my account or they send me a giftcard?[/QUOTE]
I use the FREESHIP coupon too, it doesn't really do anything (because coupons aren't suppose to stack) but it does lower my tax (by like .2% surprisingly..). I also managed to get a CS rep to give me free overnight shipping by emailing them also.

Yes, that total is correct.

I got my credit within 24 hours of it being shipping, I imagine it's the same for everyone else. The credit came in codes (each was a separate one), have not used them yet so don't know if they stack.

[quote name='Azurken']I thought the saver shipper already gives you free shipping?[/QUOTE]
it does, this is if you wanna try and get overnight shipping for free, a bit more hassle but it's free overnight shipping.

It depends on whether you want the bonuses.

I would go for the bonuses.

[quote name='Azurken']So there are these two games I want to get, Lost Planet 2 and Red Dead Redemption. Gamestop.com lists the preorder bonuses for these 2 but it seems amazon.com does not. So am I assuming these are exclusive preorder bonuses that only gs.com has and amazon.com doesnt??

On the other hand amazon.com saves you $12 for me, (new games at B&M will cost me $65 with tax).[/QUOTE]

With the 25OFf coupon code, the games are less expensive and come with incentives from Gamestop. If you're willing to wait a couple of days for the game the decision is pretty clear. Red Dead Redemption even comes with a code for $10 off your next order at GS.com. You could opt to sell the bonuses to further reduce the cost of the games.

I know how difficult it can be to find a deal at GameStop to use store credit. All the new games are MSRP and their sales are infrequent with typically a poor selection of games. In my opinion, Amazon credit is much more valuable in that you're not limited to just buying video games. No tax for me along with an Amazon prime membership is icing on the cake.

[quote name='Azurken']It'll only let you put one code in during the checkout.[/QUOTE]
/facepalm

you can enter both 25off and freeship, but only the 25 off will apply right away. However I have noticed that if you enter freeship your tax is lower than if you don't enter it (at least for me), and then after you make the order you send gamestop CS an email stating you tried to use freeship, and it said it would apply until the last checkout page, then it didn't. They will (have done it for 6 orders) give you free overnight shipping.

[quote name='undiegnome']With the 25OFf coupon code, the games are less expensive and come with incentives from Gamestop. If you're willing to wait a couple of days for the game the decision is pretty clear. Red Dead Redemption even comes with a code for $10 off your next order at GS.com. You could opt to sell the bonuses to further reduce the cost of the games.

I know how difficult it can be to find a deal at GameStop to use store credit. All the new games are MSRP and their sales are infrequent with typically a poor selection of games. In my opinion, Amazon credit is much more valuable in that you're not limited to just buying video games. No tax for me along with an Amazon prime membership is icing on the cake.[/QUOTE]

Even if you don't count gamestop's credit, it is STILL CHEAPER than amazon, AND it has Preorder BONUS DLC/SPECIAL EDITION.

[quote name='Azurken']Sorry for more stupid questions, but do I put a space in between the codes in the code bar?[/QUOTE]

No, you enter each code as a separate entity, if your 25% disappears, re-enter it or refresh the page, it happens from time to time.

gamestop.com is a scam site, check the BBB complaints (77 this year i think)...plus, they (i should say order supervisor John williamson or whatever) reserves the right to cancel any order with coupons and/or stacks, and amazon usually has better prices anyway....gamestop retail stores are a different story

[quote name='chrislisting']gamestop.com is a scam site, check the BBB complaints (77 this year i think)...plus, they (i should say order supervisor John williamson or whatever) reserves the right to cancel any order with coupons and/or stacks, and amazon usually has better prices anyway....gamestop retail stores are a different story[/QUOTE]

youre scaring me..

It depends on the pre-order bonuses that both GameStop and Amazon are offering. I will usually go to GameStop since I like the collector item incentives offered but otherwise I will go with Amazon if it's nothing worthwhile.

[quote name='Azurken']youre scaring me..[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry, I order a lot from them and the only real problem I have with GameStop.com is they ship everything in a flimsy plastic UPS bag with basically no padding unless it's just too big to fit. Only really effects games in larger cardboard boxes though, standard game cases show up fine. I've had way more problems with GameStop retail stores.

When did the "freeship" coupon start? I used to use saver all the time, would have much preferred getting overnight shipping.

lol, I typed up both the coupons and it worked.. but quatrevav said it I'll need to email the CSR for it to 'actually' work. (both these games have different release dates 1 week apart).

anybody know whats the difference between billing and shipping address? Are they the same thing?

bread's done
Back