Should I report this item as NOT RECIEVED?

gotrice415510

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
well, i have been on a long search for a gameboy micro. I finally decided to go with ebay(boo!), since it seemed to be the easiest place to get one. So i one a bid on a mint micro for like $50 shipped. I paid the next day which was June 30, 2008, but as of now July 3, 2008 i havent recieved a message, a confirmation, my gameboy micro, or anything. Im really scarred that im never going to get my item. I mean i didnt even get a reply back of when he will send out. I even messaged him twice about not getting a confirmation on delivery or anything for that matter.

so, am i just being anal about this situation or am i right.....?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gotrice415510']well, i have been on a long search for a gameboy micro. I finally decided to go with ebay(boo!), since it seemed to be the easiest place to get one. So i one a bid on a brand new micro for like $50 shipped. I paid the next day which was June 30, 2008, but as of now July 3, 2008 i havent recieved a message, a confirmation, my gameboy micro, or anything. Im really scarred that im never going to get my item. I mean i didnt even get a reply back of when he will send out. I even messaged him twice about not getting a confirmation on delivery or anything for that matter.

so, am i just being anal about this situation or am i right.....?[/quote]

It hasn't even been a week yet. After 7 days, if you still haven't received your package or a message from the seller, then file a dispuit/claim/whatever.

Yeah man, some people have terrible to no communication, which tends to make people nervous and confused. That's why it's good to be a good trader and have some skills and common sense. It's good to let the other party know what's up.

Give it a few days, even another week. Warn him a few more times that you'd like a heads up and (if it doesn't come in) to let him know you haven't received it yet and if you don't hear from him or see the item here soon, you'll have to file a complaint as an item not received.

Hope this help man, good luck and I hope it works out for you in the end!

This exact situation happened to me a couple weeks ago. The day after I won the auction I sent a message just to confirm that the seller had received the payment and everything was good to go. No response. Two more days, I sent another message asking when the seller planned to ship. Again, no response. Two more days, third message, once again no response. I wasn't being rude or demanding anything, I just wanted to know that he had received the payment and planned to actually ship the item.

It can rattle you when a seller won't respond to e-mail communication. By this time I was really concerned that something was wrong with this seller. My solution was to call the seller on the phone (eBay will give you another user's phone number if you've had a transaction with them). He told me he had received the payment and mailed the item, and sure enough it arrived a couple days later. He didn't mention anything about the messages, and I'm still not sure why he never responded to them. (I know that the emails were reaching him, because he had responded to a question I asked about the item while the auction was still going.) All's well that ends well, I guess, but I'd be a little reluctant to use this seller again in the future.

So my advice is to get the seller's phone number and just call them. For whatever reason, some people are a lot more receptive to phone calls than email messages.

I've had a lot of sellers just not communicate after the auction. I've never had a problem with the item not showing up, but I always worry that it won't.

When I sell, I usually send an email after I receive the payment to confirm the shipping address, and then I send an email after I've shipped the item to let them know to expect that it's on the way.

File a claim, immediately. you may be dealing with a shitbag seller, so a claim will either get a response or your money back.

Recently I bought an item off ebay and did not receive any confirmation from the seller. He made the UPS label through Paypal but when I tried tracking the item it was invalid, I tried contacting him but he didn't respond back. A day later I got my item. So before you freak out just give it a little time.

[quote name='gotrice415510']so, am i just being anal about this situation or am i right.....?[/quote]
Yes. It can take 2-3 weeks for items to arrive via mail.

Just be patient.

And if seller is not responding to your emails, perhaps he has an invalid address. File the necessary report via the HELP section.

bread's done
Back