Should I return/exchange my new 360 console?

MrFriday18

CAGiversary!
Long story short, I got rid of my launch 360 console and purchased a new Xbox 360(jasper) arcade console. The console is extremely loud and makes an annoying non-stop clicking noise every time a disk is in the drive. Should I return the console in exchange for another one? My launch 360 sounded like a 747 taking off, but this damn thing makes the old console look quiet.

UPDATE: I just pull NHL 10 out of the 360 and it has a perfect circle scratch in it....FML!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrFriday18']Long story short, I got rid of my launch 360 console and purchased a new Xbox 360(jasper) arcade console. The console is extremely loud and makes an annoying non-stop clicking noise every time a disk is in the drive. Should I return the console in exchange for another one? My launch 360 sounded like a 747 taking off, but this damn thing makes the old console look quiet.

UPDATE: I just pull NHL 10 out of the 360 and it has a perfect circle scratch in it....FML![/QUOTE]

The circle scratch sucks if you intended to sell it. However, you can always go rent/borrow a copy, install it to the HDD, and still play with a damaged disc. That's really why they put in that feature.

I got a copy of World at War at a pawn shop for $10 that had a full circle scratch on it, had Game Crazy resurface it and it actually works.

Anyway, don't stand the 360 upright. You're just asking for it.

[quote name='freshzen']
Anyway, don't stand the 360 upright. You're just asking for it.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for truth! I scratched many disks that way before I figured out that the 360 had to be layed down on it's side so that you it doesn't get knocked or fall over. There are just to many variables that could end up happening and end up knocking it over! However if you want to save yourself some money, go for an automatic disk re-surfacer from Best Buy! Bought one and glad to say it works like a charm! HOWEVER make sure you get the automatic one, as it eliminates the human element of it, and READ THE MANUAL :)

But honestly, about the 360, I'd recommend taking it back to the store and telling them honestly about it, they should replace it if the person at the store knows what they're doing (If it's within the 30 day warranty!)

[quote name='freshzen']
Anyway, don't stand the 360 upright. You're just asking for it.[/QUOTE]

Really? Mine has been on it's side since day 1 (2 yrs) and never had any scratched games.

[quote name='MrFriday18']Long story short, I got rid of my launch 360 console and purchased a new Xbox 360(jasper) arcade console. The console is extremely loud and makes an annoying non-stop clicking noise every time a disk is in the drive. Should I return the console in exchange for another one? My launch 360 sounded like a 747 taking off, but this damn thing makes the old console look quiet.

[/QUOTE]

I'm actually in the same situation myself. I just purchased a Xbox 360 Arcade from Walmart and its a new Jasper unit with 512MB of internal memory (manufactured 7/16/09). The disk drive is constantly making noise as if the 360 is on a load screen where the console is trying to load a bunch of information. My other 360 is about 2 years old and doesn't make nearly the amount of noise... I think I'm going to try exchanging it when Walmart gets more Arcades in stock.

bread's done
Back