Should I return my 3ds?

Scottly

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Nintendo has been making a lot of bad moves lately with the 3ds, and now that a redesign seems imminent, I'm considering turning in my 3ds to gamestop that I purchased

If you opened it, you can't return it to gamestop for a refund. If it's sealed then you can return it. I would return it, it's what I did with mine when I realized it'd be a while before any games I wanted for it would be released, and by that time a redesign would probably be in the works.. but I bought mine at Target so I didn't have any problems returning it opened. Gamestop is more strict. If you're trading it in that's a different story though..

I would say yes and if you are really wanting a portable, put that money towards a Vita. The 3DS can't hold a candle to the Vita even with it being months away. Dual analog sticks, GAMES, digital content, I could go on and on. Good luck.

Unless there's a 3DS game that you absolutely must play right now (there isn't one) then just take it back. Don't hedge your bets that there will be a second ambassador program, because there's no indication that there will be such a thing. It's probably better to wait and see if Nintendo announces something after Sony releases Vita. Even then, you know that a 3DS revision is coming down the pipeline.

Anyway, you bought it at Gamestop. If you opened it, you're screwed. Gamestop is as ironically strict for returning opened new items, even if you can't used them yet.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']^This. A lesson that can be taken from this is NEVER buy a console at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

...why? Surely the bigger lesson is to not be so careless with your money.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Unless there's a 3DS game that you absolutely must play right now (there isn't one)[/QUOTE]

Hah. I played with a 3DS the other day, and at first I thought it was awesome and I wanted to buy one. Then I realized the game I want most is Bust-a-Move. I don't need to spend $160 to play freakin' Bust-a-Move.

[quote name='Survivalism']...why? Surely the bigger lesson is to not be so careless with your money.

Hah. I played with a 3DS the other day, and at first I thought it was awesome and I wanted to buy one. Then I realized the game I want most is Bust-a-Move. I don't need to spend $160 to play freakin' Bust-a-Move.[/QUOTE]

Space Bust A Move on DS is probably superior than the 3DS version

[quote name='Survivalism']...why? Surely the bigger lesson is to not be so careless with your money.
[/QUOTE]

Granted I was loose with my money when purchasing the 3ds, I ultimately walked away pretty satisfied.

What's irritating me right now is the whole second thumb pad fiasco. I'm worried that nintendo is more concerned with pushing a redesign now more than ever because people won't want to use a clunky accessory. The right pad addon is currently limited to japan, but we will probably see more support for it in the future. I'm pretty sure most people would prefer adjusting the camera/another functions with the right pad as opposed to the touchscreen.

Anyhoo, just called up gamestop and they essentially said I'm shit out of luck. You can only receive full value for an open console if you make the return within seven days.

Power to the gamers.

[quote name='Guerrilla']Unless there's a 3DS game that you absolutely must play right now (there isn't one) then just take it back. Don't hedge your bets that there will be a second ambassador program, because there's no indication that there will be such a thing. It's probably better to wait and see if Nintendo announces something after Sony releases Vita. Even then, you know that a 3DS revision is coming down the pipeline.

Anyway, you bought it at Gamestop. If you opened it, you're screwed. Gamestop is as ironically strict for returning opened new items, even if you can't used them yet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there is between zero and zero chance there will be any additional anything from the ambassador "program". They can call it whatever the hell they want, that is the last you will ever hear of it and, honestly, for good reason.

Id take it back or get rid of it myself.

I never bought a 3ds, friend of mine got one and I tried several games on his and I turned the 3d effect off everytime because it didnt actually make the games any better and gave me a headache. Plus I hated the tiny screen.

The games on it are just trash, even the muchly hailed zelda game is nothing more than a re-release. All the upcoming nintendo games are just re-releases of exsisting franchises like mario kart and such. Only one they have thats not been run into the ground is kid icarus and it looks like complete shit.

I still own my dsixl and I wouldnt trade it for a 3ds.

Id return it, sell it or whatever you could and put that money towards this instead. http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-WiFi/dp/B003O6EATE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315520755&sr=8-1

Unless lamestop will give you a full refund do NOT trade it in there or anything. Infact dont buy any systems or trade them in at lamestop at all, you will always get screwed on the value they will give you.

Trading in a console/handheld you don't like is one thing, but I think your reasoning here is pretty silly. You want to trade it in because they might improve it? In the absolute worst case scenario, you spend $10 to upgrade your handheld in order to play certain games. In all likelihood, not many games will use the new peripheral. After all, Nintendo has a long history of making wacky add-ons that only get used once or twice.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Trading in a console/handheld you don't like is one thing, but I think your reasoning here is pretty silly. You want to trade it in because they might improve it? In the absolute worst case scenario, you spend $10 to upgrade your handheld in order to play certain games. In all likelihood, not many games will use the new peripheral. After all, Nintendo has a long history of making wacky add-ons that only get used once or twice.[/QUOTE]

I think this one will be different. It'll be a peripheral that a lot of traditional games will support, but none will require. You'll be able to use it for the camera in Kid Icarus and Metal Gear, or you could use the touchscreen. Nobody will have to buy it, but we can if we choose to. And, it won't be available forever, simply because the next model will certainly have it built in.

[quote name='mkelehan']I think this one will be different. It'll be a peripheral that a lot of traditional games will support, but none will require. You'll be able to use it for the camera in Kid Icarus and Metal Gear, or you could use the touchscreen. Nobody will have to buy it, but we can if we choose to. And, it won't be available forever, simply because the next model will certainly have it built in.[/QUOTE]
I don't expect it to happen, but it certainly could. If it does, it'd basically be a win/win because people would be able to use their preferred control scheme. Even if it's not fully supported, I'll probably still get the add-on just because it will provide more surface area for my hands. I don't have the biggest hands in the world, but they still get a bit cramped if I play for more than 30-40 minutes at a time.

[quote name='ZombieToast'] In the absolute worst case scenario, you spend $10 to upgrade your handheld in order to play certain games. In all likelihood, not many games will use the new peripheral. After all, Nintendo has a long history of making wacky add-ons that only get used once or twice.[/QUOTE]

Absolute worst case scenario for $10 I can completely ruin any aesthetic value the 3ds has to offer.

It doesn't help that the metal gear team are looking into the circle pad addon now too.

Also, word around the net is it adds L2 R2 shoulder buttons as well.

Devs will probably allow you to use the touch screen in lieu of the 2nd thumb pad(capcom is doing this with MH), but ultimately a redesign with it seems quite likely.

Too bad, I would definitely return the 3DS if gamestop didn't have the worst return policy.

[quote name='Scottly']Devs will probably allow you to use the touch screen in lieu of the 2nd thumb pad(capcom is doing this with MH), but ultimately a redesign with it seems quite likely.[/QUOTE]
If you are given an alternative way to play the game, it seems like it should be a win/win. And I don't see how buying the add-on can make the 3DS any worse. Is appearance really more important than functionality and playability? I dunno, I just have a really hard time seeing this as a bad thing.

I'd hold on to it considering if you traded it in you would only get like $100 and if you spent $250 that would be a huge loss even if you wanted to buy the 3ds again to play a game that you actually want, here's what I did with my PSP; shelled out a hundred and something dollars had my fun with the very few games it had to offer, put it away outta sight outta mind, heard another psp game was coming out, got excited, bought the new game and loved it, you don't have to play it year round but if there are a bunch of games on the nintendo 3ds that is not to your liking then I don't know why you would buy it in the first place since the line up was pretty much decided months ago

bread's done
Back