Should i sell my 360?

LakersForLife82481

CAGiversary!
Hey guys im in a bit of a dilemma. I own a 360, and a PS3 slim. Right now, im am loving my ps3 and my 360 is collecting dust. Im only playing it like once a week. Now here is where the real stuff begins.....

I have 225 in credit at GS. I will get about 160 for my 360 and all my accesories and another 80 or so for my games as well. That adds up to around 465 bucks which i will save for an inevitable b2g1 free sale. I have an extra PSP 1000 as well so ill get 500 even after all trades which is alot.

Im not really interested in the exclusives this year.
I have 4 close friends on my list, one barely plays on live, one owns a ps3, but all of them i see everyday.

Just trying to get some advice from my fellow CAGs. Thanks for the feedback guys. If there is another thread for this kind of stuff IM SORRY.

Why would you trade all that stuff in? You can get way more money to put towards anything you wish if you try selling your stuff here, Craigslist, or Ebay. If you are not looking forward to any future 360 games, and don't use it right now, I don't see why you wouldn't consider selling it.

Edit: I assume you meant you are trading it in since you mention your GS credit, but I could be totally wrong. $45 for a PSP seems extremely low, so it perfectly matches GS trade in values.

Do whatever you feel you should. This is really a personal decision. If you'd like a shitload of games for your PS3 over the ability to play virtually every game produced, then it's your deal. It really bothers me when people post threads like this, because deep down, they know what they want to do, but for some reason they feel like asking people who don't know them what to do.

I am a PS3 guy and have no interest in XBOX 360 just because I always had a PS (not hating on 360). I will say this if you like you 360 you should keep it. The current systems will be out for a few more years and some good games will come out you might want to play. It would suck to have to go buy it again later on. I agree with Bretts31344, don't trade it in try to sell somewhere, gamespot is the devil.

keep all the systems, so that you can play new games that come out for it. if you ever want a 360 exclusive or a psp game you are set. sell or trade in the games you no longer play.

I like having all 3. If your xbox 360 is collecting dust then get mass effect 2 or another great game. Personally, I like having the option of getting any game regardless of the platform.

Dump it and don't look back. Any exclusives worth playing will be ported. With a PS3 it's just redundant so unless you like collecting dust on the 360...

I would suggest keeping it. There's been times when I feel like I don't want my PS3 and there's times I feel like I don't want my 360. It just depends on what games are hot and what I'm playing.

At this point you've already spent the money to purchase and own one, no sense in losing money on the deal with the possibility of wanting it back in the future.

I actually thought about this last week, and I decided to sell my 360 and games. I just dont use it anymore and I can play any game that is on 360 on my PS3 or PC so why have it? Once everything is sold off (by the end of the week) I will have $600+ cash in pocket. So, if you don't play it anymore, sell it.

Once a week is often enough to keep it. WTF are you going to do with $500 in GS credit with no systems left to buy games for?

I traded mine in to GS last year during one of their specials. What I did was look at the upcoming exclusives for the 360 (and I have a game-capable pc, so for me it was true 360-only exclusives) and then asked myself if any of them were worth keeping the system for. For me, the answer was "no" and I haven't missed it. But if there's an exclusive coming that you think you'll be kicking yourself over, I'd suggest hanging onto it.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Get rid of it since it could fail at anytime (speaking from experience unfortunately).[/QUOTE]

This :(

Worst mainstream system ever.

Definitely a personal choice.I missed out and gave up gaming while partying and chasing girls. I sold, got rid of gaming rigs and games. I regret it to this day. I'm settled down now and college life has come and gone.
I'm rebuilding my collection to share with my kids. I say keep it all but it sounds like your a young'n' and games are a temporary diversion. I am a man-child again and I love every minute of it .I'll pride my dust collecting collections forever and will pass them on.

So far I have Xbox (XBMC emulators-not the same) Xbox 360, Game Cube, Nintendo Ds Lite

I have been watching ebay, Craigslist for Dreamcast , Snes, N64, PS1, Ps2, PS3, PSP,Genesis, all of which i have owned in the past and got rid of when i was younger and needed money.

I'd keep it myself. I love both my 360 and my PS3...the Wii is our homes dust collector. But if you DO decide to get rid of it, I would post it on here first. Maybe you can get some cool games, some cash or credit from a fellow CAGer and help them out at the same time. Gotta keep it in the ring, bro ;)

seems like the exclusives for xbox 360 are better than the exclusives for ps3 but thats just my opinion. i have a ps3 but i allways buy games for xbox when i have the choice. but thats me, so you should do what you think. i've gone months without playing systems and have held on to them (ps2 :D) but maybe its because im a pack rat

Well. Are you interested in... Gears of War? Halo? Mass Effect? If not, dump it. I've had a 360, and don't get me wrong, I loved Halo 3 and Mass Effect. After that... I just got rid of it, since I realized there was nothing else on there worth playing. Wouldn't mind paying $120 for an Arcade and playing Mass Effect 2 if I ever have a crap load of cash to throw around. I say crap load because I'd rather be paying for some PS3 games than a 360.

It all comes down to personal choice. But if you want my opinion, dump it and get some new games for PS3.

[quote name='TheHoodGuy']Well. Are you interested in... Gears of War? Halo? Mass Effect? If not, dump it. I've had a 360, and don't get me wrong, I loved Halo 3 and Mass Effect. After that... I just got rid of it, since I realized there was nothing else on there worth playing. Wouldn't mind paying $120 for an Arcade and playing Mass Effect 2 if I ever have a crap load of cash to throw around. I say crap load because I'd rather be paying for some PS3 games than a 360.

It all comes down to personal choice. But if you want my opinion, dump it and get some new games for PS3.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. This basically sums up what im thinking. I liked halo and really like gears, but after those, everything else is basically what i can play on my ps3. Im gonna give it another day and think over all my options again

Anyway, thanks CAGs for your input. I knew each post would help out. :D

[quote name='SuperPhillip']This :(

Worst mainstream system ever.[/QUOTE]

My 2nd Xbox can barely read discs now. The PS3 is now my console of choice.

I have both, and I've also been considering selling my 360. There are just so many good games out that it's tough to play everything, and I find myself playing the PS3 more often. Tough decision to make, but for now I'll hold on to it.

As stated earlier, please sell it on Craigslist, Ebay, or to a fellow CAG. Cash beats GS credit any day.

I find myself in a similar situation, just the other way around. I was a hardcore PS3 player, and now I've switched to 360 just because of all my friends/co-workers that play on Live. The PS3 is mainly for exclusives now. You've already got plenty of Gamestop credit, why build up more?

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']After seeing that PS move demo, WOW its about 55/45 towards selling the xbox(not necessarily to GS though)[/QUOTE]

You were impressed by a wii ripoff?

Maybe you should wait, since project natal is around the corner... I have all 3 systems, and I keep them around just for exclusive titles. I mean, if you trade the xbox what are you gonna get $100 maybe? It's worth holding on to for that little money. You still get to play some of the exclusives as well.

I've recently lost alot of my interest in gaming, probably cuz I've been busy, but there's no way I'm getting rid of my systems. The last system I sold was a SNES updated model, my first real game system, I sold it cuz I didn't play it anymore, and I have regretted it for years. Now, that's an extreme case, but they're definitely worth keeping around. Again, it is up to you, but good lord do not give them to gamestop! They give unbelieveably low values for trade-ins, plus you've been a CAG for just over a year? You should know as well as anybody that gamestop's "deals" are never as good as stores like Amazon, and you don't want to spend the next few years (or however long that credit lasts you) spending $60 on a game at GS cuz you only have credit when you could get it way cheaper somewhere else, or a giftcard thrown in, you see what I'm saying? It would just be idiotic, but I think you already realize that from what you said.

But consider, there will be a Gears 3, there will be Halo Reach (and more Halo titles), there will be natal, and games like Fable (if you're interested), all 360 exclusive. If you see something that truly blows you away on 360 in the next few years and you wanna play it, you're gonna have to go out and rebuy one again.

It's just my personal policy, but I don't sell shit! In the long run, you'll just end up paying more to get it back...

I was in the exact situation as you about 2 weeks ago. Hell, you can probably still find my thread asking for help in Other deals & Requests. Ultimately, I traded in the 360 + all my games and just kept the PS3. As of now, I don't regret it a single bit.

I only own a 360, however 3 friends of mine own both and prefer the 360 over the ps3. they say XBL is better than PSN also. just sayin...

[quote name='5of9']I only own a 360, however 3 friends of mine own both and prefer the 360 over the ps3. they say XBL is better than PSN also. just sayin...[/QUOTE]

Please don't start one of those debates.

I'm in the same boat as you. Most of my friends, family and some CAG's are on my PS3 friends list. I have a couple of friends on Xbox live. This is what I do if the game is multi-platform I'll get it for PS3. So that if anyone wants to borrow it they can. The only reason I have MW2 for both system is because my wife got me the MW2 Xbox 360 (Other one RRoD). Most of the Xbox 360 exclusive will go "Platinum Hits" and thats when I would get them. Hope that makes sense.

Whatever you perfer dude, but I wouldnt trade my 360 for anything. PS3 is the one collecting dust at my place. Just a Personal preference I guess.

Cash rules over any store credit, especially GS store credit. Sure you don't have to pay tax on anything you use it for but you'll still pay near if not higher MSRP on any game or accessory unless it's used. 1/week is a lot more than what I play on my wii which I only play on holidays or family gatherings but I still have it.

you'd be better off just selling/trading the games then as those value depreciate quickly and often where as the console's TIV is usually pretty consistent. Otherwise, just hang on to it for when the next exclusive comes out. I only 1/2 regret giving my DS to my cousin but at least he's getting more use out of it than I.

please don't sell it to gamestop, do yourself a favor and put on ebay or somewhere. you will easily get atleast $50 more for the system and alot more for the games, gamestop will rip you off because they need to resell it at a higher price. cut out the middle man and sell it to someone who wants it to play and not to resell, you'll always make more money that way.

bread's done
Back