Should I trade in my GC for a Metroid Bundle?

pinoy530

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I bought a GC from Gamestop.com a couple months back, but when I got it turns out that it had several scratches, scuffs, a small crack on it and it was refurbished. It plays perfectly though. My analog stick isnt too great though. The gamecube was also indigo.

Im really thinking about trading it in and getting the Metroid Bundle though. I have a bunch of credit at gamecrazy, and if I trade in my GC I'll get $52 more credit. So by spending $48 more in credit, I can get a brand new platinum GC, new controller, Metroid Prime, Bonus Disc, a cool looking box(I really hated not having a box), and 12 free rentals.

Im thinking I might just go ahead and do this. Just wondering what some of your opinions would be.

lol at not having a box. How many times exactly did you feel the urge to take it out and look at it, or put you GC in it and then take it out again. :p

If you don't have MP then I would do it for sure. Those rentals are one per month right? That is the only thing that sucks, but that is just an added bonus really.

You get a box (a very cool one), instructions, a newer controller and system, a $20 videogame, a demo disc that will be a pain to find later, and 12 rentals to play games for free....go for it...especially since you have an indigo right now.

I say no,.

Reasion 1 - Metroid Prime Sucks.

2. Platinum sucks it, Indigo is the best colour.

3. lots of good games coming out this fall.

I would do it. Prime, the demo disc, and the box help to make it worth it, and you get a system with no scuffs or cracks and a new controller that works.

Metroid Prime is one of the better games to come out this generation...

I like the Indigo Gamecube as well, but I'd get the package if I were you.

It's a pretty good upgrade as far as new system and controller. I got Prime when it was new for $50 and have no complaints, so getting it with the bonus disk isn't too shabby.

[quote name='Sartori']Eh, my major complaint is that there wasn't a unique faceplate on the system.[/quote]

No kidding, especially seeing as how they had made Metroid Prime plates in the past anyways.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell'][quote name='Sartori']Eh, my major complaint is that there wasn't a unique faceplate on the system.[/quote]

No kidding, especially seeing as how they had made Metroid Prime plates in the past anyways.[/quote]

Considering how easy they are to remove, you think they would have offered.. SOMETHING of a market line by now in America. Sigh!

Yeah and we get hardly any rewards here while in Japan they have Club Nintendo which always has giveaways. NoA need to get on the freakin' ball with this stuff.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']man you should of returned that cracked gc the second you got it![/quote]

Thing is though, I would have had to pay shipping and then also risk the fact that I could get another cosmetically flawed GC or worse, one that doesnt play games. So I thought I would live it..... until the metroid bundle came along and changed my mind.

Thanks guys for all your replies. I'll go get my Metroid Bundle now. :D

Did you shop around to see who gives the most credit? I think Gamecrazy & Gamerush usually gives out a bit more creadit on hardware (most games too for that matter).

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Did you shop around to see who gives the most credit? I think Gamecrazy & Gamerush usually gives out a bit more creadit on hardware (most games too for that matter).[/quote]

Yup, I mean I am a CAG. EB gives $45, Gamestop $50, and Gamecrazy $52. I already had enough credit at gamecrazy to cover the rest plus you get the 12 free rentals. No Game Rush's around here unfortunetly.

Whenever I trade something in, EB always gives the worst credit, and it seems Gamestop and Gamecrazy tend to alternate.

Yeah EB's trade-ins are quite bad, especially for hardware. You may also check an FYE, I dunno if they take hardware but their game trade-in prices are pretty good.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']The Gamecrazy website says I have 5 here in Austin, but I have never seen one. Strange.[/quote]

They're all in Hollywood videos. I've sold games to three of them in austin, one by 41st and I-35, another on mopac and something I cant remember, and another on Lamar and Rundberg.

I'd probably do it, but only because I'd hate to have a cracked GC and a semi-broken controller. The box and demo are worthless IMO.

I say go for it. Then let us know what you think of Metroid Prime.

I have nothing but vague memories of Thanksgiving 2003, as I was locked in my apartment with MP and a bottle of Jack.

i just picked one up today from toysrus and the box was jsut the regular platinum box witha stupid slip over it... i was very disapointed... I WAS JUST A STUPID SLIP!! nothing special.... besides the game inside

[quote name='cgpwns']does the bonus disc have its own case or is it in a double case with metroid prime?[/quote]

Double case with MP.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I have an extra Indigo box you can have.[/quote]

Thanks alot for the offer, but I already picked up my Metroid Bundle. I appreciate it though.

[quote name='pinoy530'][quote name='cgpwns']does the bonus disc have its own case or is it in a double case with metroid prime?[/quote]

Double case with MP.[/quote]

I wonder if the one yu get for registering games or subscribing to NP will be the same? That would be sweet for people that don't own the first game yet.

I want to say that the disk you get for registering games or subscribing to NP does not contain MP, just the demo for MP2. Anyone able to back me up on that?

bread's done
Back