Should I use a giftcard now or later?

vinht426

CAGiversary!
Stupid question.. but I just got a 25 dollar EBgames/Gamestop giftcard from my friend and was wondering if I should get Uncharted... what do you guys think of the game? worth the money or should I wait to use it in 2008 for better games? (I dont have a lot of money to spend... so kinda can only afford a game every several months :cry:)

stupid giftcard! lol it makes me want to buy a game NOW and play... but thanks for the suggestions guys and thanks for that GTA reminder... how could i have forgotten?!?!

Uncharted is pretty exceptional, in my opinion. I know a lot of CAGs here who equally enjoyed it.

It was the game I bought with my PS3 and it's still the best thing I've played on it.

That said, you will eventually just run out of things to do with it. There's no online component, but there are multiple difficulty modes and, um, "achievements" that you can earn through repeated plays.

I own psp, ds, ps2, ps3... was looking at uncharted but was just wondering about its value, replayability and such. Dont really care about online multiplayer tho, i got COD4 for christmas for that... but I think I will wait for GTA4 thanks for all the tips guys

Uncharted is AMAZING. However, it's only about 10 hours long. I myself have played through three times, but if you only plan to play through once the either wait for a price drop or rent it.

[quote name='GBmanNC']Plan on doing what you would do as if you didn't have the gift card. Best thing to do if your spending is limited.[/QUOTE]

That's usually how I handle GCs. You have to be a little patient to have that attitude towards them.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I'd wait.

Think of it like intercourse, don't blow what you got too early.[/quote]

Wow... not an analogy you hear too often...

Giftcards to sex.

Made me lol, but I agree.

lol yea it is better to wait, but kinda hard when ur a member of CAG and theres a coupon and such out and ur going to be sooo tempted to use the coupon and then use the giftcard for super saving

You don't have enough money to buy any games, but you own a $600 videogame console?

People confuse me.

If buying Uncharted now means you can't afford GTAIV or SSBB when they come out, then skip it. You can always get it for super cheap a few months down the road, and hell, you've waited this long already, it's not like the quality of videogames depreciate over time: only their price does.

bread's done
Back