Should I wait for the New 65nm processors or buy an Elite?

Grugger

CAGiversary!
Here's the deal, I'm wanting an Xbox 360 but I do however want some protection against the constant hardware failure of the 360's with a better processer/heatsink.

Should I just wait for the new Xbox's to arrive or just get this deal at Sam's, or is this even a good deal?

Xbox 360 Elite is the newest addition to the Xbox family that includes a huge 120GB hard drive (the largest available for any gaming console), a high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) cable and a premium black finish. The Xbox 360 Elite also includes two black wireless controllers, a black Plug & Play Charge Kit and black Xbox Live® headset.

I wouldn't worry about the RROD. If your box dies, just send it back to Microsoft for free. The warranty is three years now and you will have your elite just in time for the AAA games.

If you can wait until December or early 2008 then do it (I don't know how you could) but I wouldn't let hardware be an issue.

There's no definite date on when the 65nm chips are going into the systems, so there's no telling how much longer you'll be waiting. In the meantime, you could be missing out on some really great games (Bioshock, Halo 3). What sold me on my Premium was the price drop, HDMI and the added heat sink. If I had it to do over again, I'd buy an Elite, and I'd still buy now. Three years is a good length of time for coverage.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']If it does not have the new chips, it WILL break. That is a promise from Microsoft.[/quote]

true dat, but if u find one with the new heatsink you are in better shape. my advice would be to buy a new premium off amazon, u should get the new heatsink plus maybe the ben Q drive. then ull be set.

Wait, so what stores would guarantee me the new heatsink and ben Q drive in an Xbox 360 that I buy?

I'd really like to know.

[quote name='Grugger']Wait, so what stores would guarantee me the new heatsink and ben Q drive in an Xbox 360 that I buy?

I'd really like to know.[/quote]

No stores. You have to do the legwork and find an HDMI-equipped Xbox or order one from Amazon/Frys/wherever as long as they specifically state you're buying one with HDMI. That should ensure you get the new improvements. Of course, if you're buying an Elite that was made recently (found by lifting the tab on top) you should already be in the clear.

bread's done
Back