Should I wait until post E3 to buy a 360?

theenforcer1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I am looking to get a 360 to play some Xbox Live...mainly because I am sick of PSN being sporadically available (I know I know, it is supposed to be fixed, but there is something worth noting about a service you pay for and its availability...or at least the ability to complain when its not available.

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys forsee any big news at E3 that would cause a 360 price drop, and thus cause me to wait to purchase a new one. (or in this case, I would most likely go with a refurb).

Thanks in advance for your input.

[quote name='62t']Well E3 is next week, so might might as well just wait[/QUOTE]
Indeed. If you waited this long, no need to go out right this second and do it.

With E3 so close might as well, but if it was further away I would say go out and buy it. People always say wait until E3 to buy consoles, but has there ever been an announcement that has made waiting worth it?

[quote name='whoknows']With E3 so close might as well, but if it was further away I would say go out and buy it. People always say wait until E3 to buy consoles, but has there ever been an announcement that has made waiting worth it?[/QUOTE]

correct me if i am wrong, but i thought that both the ps3 slim, and xbox 360 slim were officially announced at an e3 event?

I would definitely wait till at least end of day monday. Microsoft's conference is Monday noon so any announcements should be out by then. Although in the past I think there was evidence of price drops like crazy before E3. The slim never had a chance of being revealed at E3 b/c of all the leaked flyers, etc.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']correct me if i am wrong, but i thought that both the ps3 slim, and xbox 360 slim were officially announced at an e3 event?[/QUOTE]

The 360S's were definitely shown last year at E3. I don't think the new PS3's were unveiled at E3.

It's less than a week away, so you might as well wait a few more days before buying a 360.

Cool. Yeah I'll wait to see what the week brings. Even if it is just a drop on the Kinect/360 bundle it might be worth it. Or even a Live bundle or something.

Thanks guys.

I bought a PS3 in 09' just before the price drop announcement, so I would at least wait to see if anything is announced at E3 before you buy.

bread's done
Back