Should my 15 year old brother work at McDonalds?

caffolote

CAGiversary!
Yes, I've heard the negative things about it, but I don't think there will be any mean people at my McDonalds. What are some bad things about working there anyways? He's just going to work there for a year to get decent pay and good discounts on food.

Its one of the few jobs at 15 year old can get. Whats the worst that could happen with him working there? A taste of the real world, a paycheck, learning how to handle his money?

By you "don't think there will be any mean people." Are you speaking of customers, or fellow employee's. Cause customers are the worst especially assholes who think that their $4 value meal is a filet migon, with a bottle of wine.

Employees can be cool, but not the greatest people either. My cousin worked at one, and I almost started working at the same one. But I got lucky, and got a job elsewhere.

[quote name='caffolote'] I don't think there will be any mean people at my McDonalds.[/QUOTE]
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

But yeah, it's one of the few jobs he can get at his age, except for maybe a bagger at a grocery store. If it sucks he can always quit.

If he's 15 and not mean yet, then you aren't beating him enough.

[quote name='CitizenB']Whats the worst that could happen with him working there?[/quote]
Zits....lots and lots of zits. His face will look like
hut.jpg

Pizza the Hut from the movie spaceballs

I worked at Burger King in high school. I had decent bosses, and I never had major troubles, because I came to work on time, did my job, was generally a reliable person. Customers CAN be dicks, but not all of them.

The bad things? You smell like a giant burger at the end of your shift. After one good bus rush comes in, and you see the disgusting amount of food, you'll be turned off of burgers after a while. The uniform.

The good things? There are always a ton of high schoolers working there, so unless it's prom or something, you can usually get a night off if you need it. Plenty of available hours, even in the summer. Teaches responsibility, nice little paycheck, doesn't take much brain power, just organizational skills.

I worked at McD's from 14 and 1/2 to 16. At 16 I moved over to the bowling ally in town. All in all, It wasn't a bad job. Several of my friends worked there. Could go by at closing and get mad free food. I am 35 now and I never became overweight from working there. Also, the paychecks arn;t that bad depending on how much you want to work. Also, I still eat McD's to this day, so it depends on your personality if working their will turn you off from the food.

By all means YES. Everyone should know the misery of customer service/retail. It should be mandatory so kids learn the value of a fucking dollar and a college education.

More importantly, teach them to not treat wageslaves like shit.

[quote name='CappyCobra']By all means YES. Everyone should know the misery of customer service/retail. It should be mandatory so kids learn the value of a fucking dollar and a college education.[/quote]

well,I work at McDonalds currently and I like it.At the end of your shift,you smell like burgers/oil.The discount is 50% off anything but everyone usually just makes their food and eats it.I only pay when the store manager is there.He leaves around 5 and I get my break around 7 so it's all good.The shirts get oil stains and the smell is hard to take off.I put part-time in my application and they put me around full time.I work around 60-70 hours a week and I go to school.It's tough since I work from 4-11 and sometimes when the manager doesn't want to clean the grill,I usually clean the grill and do prewash.Overall,it teaches responsibility and shows that money doesn't fall out of the sky.BTW....I was employee of the month for March!
I would say let him....

[quote name='snakelda']well,I work at McDonalds currently and I like it.At the end of your shift,you smell like burgers/oil.The discount is 50% off anything but everyone usually just makes their food and eats it.I only pay when the store manager is there.He leaves around 5 and I get my break around 7 so it's all good.The shirts get oil stains and the smell is hard to take off.I put part-time in my application and they put me around full time.I work around 60-70 hours a week and I go to school.It's tough since I work from 4-11 and sometimes when the manager doesn't want to clean the grill,I usually clean the grill and do prewash.Overall,it teaches responsibility and shows that money doesn't fall out of the sky.BTW....I was employee of the month for March!
I would say let him....[/QUOTE]

70 hours a week? At McDonalds?

IMO that's insane. That's more than full-time, no?

[quote name='Moxio']70 hours a week? At McDonalds?

IMO that's insane. That's more than full-time, no?[/QUOTE]

yea it is but he said that he's in school. So you got to do what you got to do.

The best part of that job, or any, like others said before me, is that he'll learn the value and importance of going to college. Before my retail job, I had no intention of going to college. Now, no matter how long it takes me, I'm determined to finish with a degree.

I think it's always healthy to work some in high school. I never worked at fast food (but, I worked at a movie theater, not sure how different it is, food is food). Overall, it can teach you lots of things. It also teaches you that earning money isn't easy, so it helps teach you the value of it.

Plus, if it's really that bad, he can always quit. It isn't that big of a thing.

[quote name='snakelda']well,I work at McDonalds currently...I only pay when the store manager is there....Overall,it teaches responsibility...[/QUOTE]

ok

[quote name='snakelda']I work around 60-70 hours a week and I go to school[/quote]

That's not humanly possible. I work around 35 and go to school full time and I can't even find enough time some days to take a breather.

[quote name='Scorch']That's not humanly possible. I work around 35 and go to school full time and I can't even find enough time some days to take a breather.[/QUOTE] Maybe it's 60-70 hours every two weeks. 4-11 * 5 days a week makes more sense. And the lack of math skills would explain the McD's job. :lol:

The oil might fuck up his growth hormones.

And can you even work there at 15? i think you have to be 16 here to work at fast "food" places.

I worked there when I was fifteen for about 3 months. I hated it but it was a good learning experience.

I learned I better get an education so I wouldn't have to work such a shitty job.

Oh... and the beeping. Don't even get me started on that infernal beeping. Everything beeps in McDonald's.

bread's done
Back