Should we allow Kickstarters in the VGD forum?

80% is the majority, but since you've been at it for the past week I don't see you stopping now.
That is correct. "Majority" is not the same as "consensus".

You keep going on and on about logic. Why is only your "logic" valid and nobody else's is? Stop felating yourself and assuming you somehow know better than 80% of the people here because of some ridiculous rationalization that nobody else accepts. I don't even know what you're hoping to achieve at this point besides putting yourself further down the list of ridiculous people who should never be responded to on this site.
I don't think you understand the concept of logic. It is independent of any one person's perspectives. There is no "your logic" and "my logic". That is, by definition, opinion. Logic, OTOH, is objective and exists outside of anyone's perception of it. I never claimed to know better than 80% of the people on here. Reading must be even harder than I thought, since a number of folks here simply are not very good at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_ly2qx91hIX1qhhxf6o2_250.gif

con·sen·sus
kənˈsensəs/
noun

1. general agreement.

From the google.

Yea pretty sure 8 out of 10 would be consensus.
You left out the second part of the definition: an idea or opinion that is shared by all the people in a group. Source: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/consensus which Google uses to show their definitions.

The second definition: "group solidarity in sentiment and belief."

Thus "general" means agreement across all polled. Thus, 80% does not = consensus. Synonyms: agreement, harmony, concurrence, accord, unity unanimity, solidarity, concord. All of which indicate agreement across the board, general only in extent to the degree of nuance.

you and your fancy "googling" and "definitions." If it doesn't agree with mbrowns logic, then it's illogical!
Again, there is no such thing as "mbrown's logic", nor anyone else's logic. Logic is not relative to anyone's perception of it. You really need to study up on things before you try to discuss them.

Last edited by a moderator:
mbrown, I'd still love to see your thoughts on this:
Question: If we're going to claim that all exchanges of money for goods and services that involve video games belong in the "Video Game Deals" forum because a "deal" is a business transaction - should we merge the CAG trading forum into the deals forum, since it's a bunch of users making deals? Or are we going to limit the Deals forum to Walmart, Amazon, Kickstarter and the like?

mbrown, I'd still love to see your thoughts on this:
I'm not advocating using the full definition of the word "deals"...I'm simply saying that's what it is. There is currently no clarity on how it is intended. So technically, yes, those would be included. But I think that would be a terrible idea. On the other hand, Kickstarter ALSO fits the more colloquial, narrow definition (meaning just "discount"), since almost all Kickstarters also include tiers that offer a significant discount over release price. That's what I've been saying the whole time. Reading really IS hard.

I'm not advocating using the full definition of the word "deals"...I'm simply saying that's what it is.
You're just running in circles at this point. It's almost commendable honestly; you've set yourself up on an argument that's irrefutable, as anything that doesn't conform to your point of view is simply illogical and you will just keep repeating yourself until everyone else is too tired to be bothered to respond to you. It's brilliant, good job dude.

You're just running in circles at this point. It's almost commendable honestly; you've set yourself up on an argument that's irrefutable, as anything that doesn't conform to your point of view is simply illogical and you will just keep repeating yourself until everyone else is too tired to be bothered to respond to you. It's brilliant, good job dude.
Thank you. No circles though...I've been saying the same thing the whole time. The question was, "Should we allow Kickstarters in the Video Game Deals forum?" My answer: yes, based on the definition of "deals"...Kickstarters fit both the literal definition and the more colloquial one. So for logical reasons, the answer is yes. Now, one can hold a different opinion of whether or not they are WANTED in the forum, but that's a separate conversation from the one about the logic of them qualifying.

You all are as insane as mbrown for continuing to argue with him as though he is going to suddenly go "Ah yes, it so clear to me now. After 7 pages of arguing I see that you all are right after all! Wow, I now see how ignorant I was being. Thanks guys!"

Thank you. No circles though...I've been saying the same thing the whole time. The question was, "Should we allow Kickstarters in the Video Game Deals forum?" My answer: yes, based on the definition of "deals"...Kickstarters fit both the literal definition and the more colloquial one. So for logical reasons, the answer is yes. Now, one can hold a different opinion of whether or not they are WANTED in the forum, but that's a separate conversation from the one about the logic of them qualifying.
Show me where the question ever called for logic, or where anyone but yourself agreed Kickstarters fit with CAG's definition of a deal (because that's all that matters on this site; if it didn't this thread wouldn't exist in the first place). He called for a vote, that's it. We voted and we have the answer. Why isn't this thread locked yet?

Show me where the question ever called for logic, or where anyone but yourself agreed Kickstarters fit with CAG's definition of a deal (because that's all that matters on this site; if it didn't this thread wouldn't exist in the first place). He called for a vote, that's it. We voted and we have the answer. Why isn't this thread locked yet?
Every question has some kind of a logical answer. No one needs to specify that only logical answers should be given (or, conversely, that none can). See CheapyD's own thread a few down on the first page, also asking for input/reasoning. I obliged.

bread's done
Back