Should we have a general "Bitch about 'Company X'" topic?

Kuros

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I think it would be a better idea to have one of those stickied than to have people whining about stupid things that they could have probably avoided.

It would contain the discussion to one place.

[quote name='valor19']Could we just title it the "official EA and/or Gamestop" thread? :)[/quote]QFT but you forgot Sony.

[quote name='georox']QFT but you forgot Sony.[/quote]

nah that would be pointless would just be a bunch of little kids crying about how much the PS3 costs.

[quote name='Kuros']I'm talking more about retail stores.[/quote]But they tossed EA in, and I don't know any retail stores with the initials of "EA"

How about not responding to these topics or ignoring them if you dont like them?

I voted No. Personally I feel like if we have negative threads like thathere on CAG, it could hurt more than it could help. What if Cheapy wanted to set up some sort of promotion with one of these stores, tells them about the website, and they find there way over to "The Official This Company Sucks Because..." thread. Official threads would gain alot more attention then just random single bitching threads, and give a negative appearance to the companies Cheapy would be setting up something with.

As well, if we start to get official "Bitch About Retain Store X" topics, this would only call for Sony Sucks, Microsoft Sucks, Nintendo Sucks, Rockstar Sucks, and on and on and on topics. These are threads I feel that CAG does not need.

[quote name='Rozz']How about not responding to these topics or ignoring them if you dont like them?[/quote]

I respond because I think the threads are pretty funny at times. It kills me how much people think they're entitled to everytime they walk into a store. Besides, this is a poll asking everyone's opinions. I didn't know that my opinion didn't count here anymore.

It would be better if there was one for each store, but nothing official, just title it like... gamestop complaints... or something like that.. or best buy complaints.

[quote name='m0dem']nah that would be pointless would just be a bunch of little kids crying about how much the PS3 costs.[/quote]

Or it would be PS2 owners who experienced the joy and wonderment of the DISC READ ERROR first hand. Or had their discs scratched by a malfunctioning PS2. etc,etc,etc.

As for the PS3's cost, as I repeat ad nauseam on Gamefaqs all the time:

Due to my experiences with Sony's PS2 last gen, I won't be buying the PS3 till its $149-199. Now, go ahead and call me a cheapass or say that 'it'll never drop to that'. The being called a cheapass for not wanting to spend alot on a system is a compliment imo, as it shows I want to get the MOST for my money.

So, thanks in advance...oh and uhh...gimme my blankie and binkie back, I need a nap.

[quote name='depascal22']How about people just stop bitching. It serves no purpose.[/quote]

Yep, just like George Washington and all the Revolutionary War heroes complaining about high taxation from England and them taking action served no purpose.

Maybe, if people actually used their voices and complained enough and got enough of their friends and family to stop patronizing stores like Gamestop and especially Circuit City(letting people go because they make too much? I bet their CEO got a fat bonus for thinking of THAT cost cutting idea, huh?).

If enough people actually STOP shopping at these stores, it will hurt them where it counts most, their wallets. And maybe, just maybe, then they'll have to treat their customers and associates with respect and honesty.

Sorry for the double post, btw.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yep, just like George Washington and all the Revolutionary War heroes complaining about high taxation from England and them taking action served no purpose.

Maybe, if people actually used their voices and complained enough and got enough of their friends and family to stop patronizing stores like Gamestop and especially Circuit City(letting people go because they make too much? I bet their CEO got a fat bonus for thinking of THAT cost cutting idea, huh?).

If enough people actually STOP shopping at these stores, it will hurt them where it counts most, their wallets. And maybe, just maybe, then they'll have to treat their customers and associates with respect and honesty.

Sorry for the double post, btw.[/QUOTE]

No, it won't.

So many responses aimed at me, I'm honored. I just don't get why it irks you so that people think the company you work for(I think I remember you saying you work for GS)is evil and should be forced out of business?

I mean, they give people quotas to meet and if they don't, they're canned. Not everyone wants Pokemon XXXXXXXXXXIIIII or SuperUltraLameSequel # 53453636, but according to most who work for GS on here, they're told to push those games. Shame really, as some of the people who used to work at my local GS branded stores WERE cool, till they were forced to sell,sell,sell.

I really don't get why people would willingly give up their individuality to plug away a game or whatever that perhaps didn't interest them, especially if they're not seeing a dime in commissions for pushing it hard. It's friggin pointless.

then we'll need a "bitching about bitching" topic. then a "bitching about bitching about bitching" topic.

That we will because those who think their company they work for is ok, even though it seems like MANY CAGs despise them, will have to come here and 'defend' the company. That thought right there just makes me laugh, as I have learned to only be loyal to MYSELF because if a company CAN find a way to screw me over, they WILL and won't think twice.

Too many companies that were long standing 'members of the community' here packed up and moved on while leaving their workers out of work and barely scraping by. And, if anyone actually thinks that any company won't do that to them, just look at the CC fiasco. But, I digress on that....

No, it's not worth it, nobody will listen or care. As far as the lovely people and corporations we'd be bitching about care, we can burn in hell...

You aren't seriously comparing us to the Founding Fathers, are you? That's such an ignorant analogy, you almost became my first person added to my Ignore list.

Has Gamestop ever once came into your house and demanded that it's store associates be quartered in your home? Maybe it was Gamestop that burned down the White House during the War of 1812. Did Paul Revere get on that horse so that we would never have to buy a re-sealed game again?

No but once a Movie Gallery came into my apartment drank all my beer, ate all my chips, and ordered a bunch of pay per view.

I'll be here all week. :)

I think gamestop listens if you file complaints on their website or call them, anyways that has to be better than complaining on a random message board, since they most likely don't read message boards. Personally I do both, and yes I do use their complaint form as much as I use these forums. If your going to complain use the complain forms companies have (many company websites have complaint systems set up or a phone number to call), they have them for a reason, they want to know what they are doing wrong so they can do something about it.

I've also heard if you check the "No" option on the gamestop complaint form where it says "Would you recommend this store to a friend", it hits them there and the store gets a bad report.

[quote name='depascal22']I respond because I think the threads are pretty funny at times. It kills me how much people think they're entitled to everytime they walk into a store. Besides, this is a poll asking everyone's opinions. I didn't know that my opinion didn't count here anymore.[/quote]

Hold on there buddy. If I was referring to you specifically I would have used your screen name in the post or quoted you.

[quote name='Rozz']Hold on there buddy. If I was referring to you specifically I would have used your screen name in the post or quoted you.[/quote]

My bad. I'm in a crappy mood since my apartment flooded.

*Puts the dunce cap on*

bread's done
Back