Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution for either ps3 or 360

chimpian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hello all,
My wife recently expressed interest in the premise of this game.....
I honestly dont thing she will enjoy it that much but she wants to at least check it out.
She is a big history buff.

Any good deals, used or new
I looked around on ebay and saw it for about $20

If you see it at Sears it should be stupid cheap by now. I had a copy from the last Hollywood Video $5 sale, but I traded it into Gamestop when I got my slim PS3.

Just out of curiosity, is she getting it because she likes Civilization IV?

If that's the case, try and save your money. My brother thought it would be a good console variation of Civ4 and it definitely wasn't worth his $60.

I've been a huge fan of Civilization since the first one came out and I think you should give it a rent first because it's pretty simple when compared to Civ IV on the PC. If she can handle the console version and enjoys it, you you might want to consider getting Civ IV for the PC because it's so much more in depth with a lot more options and it doesn't take a great computer to run it. Although she might enjoy the simplicity while still having the same concept on the console. But as Cheeseknight said, it's basically a dumbed down version of Civilization.

"Streamlined" is more appropriate then dumbed down. The Civ games never really required much in the way of brain work and cunning, just micromanagement that was intentionally scaled back in the console versions.

Anways, I think I hate this game but that's only because I've played multiplayer way too much. It really comes down to how lucky you are when facing a good opponent who knows what they're doing.

it's a pretty nice game, it's definitely civ, but streamlined is right, but after you've figured it out, it does become repetitive and boring. unlike the pc, at least i found, there is basically one build order to rule them all, if you do it you crush others. then you just grind away and chose your type of victory. i only spent 14 on mine, thanks sears, and ended up selling it after i noticed it sitting on my shelf untouched for a couple months. just don't expect to play if for a really long time, that's all.

I tried playing CivIV and got turned off on it pretty quickly. I enjoyed CivRev a lot though, far more than I expected. Games take a while to complete but it's pretty fun seeing your nation grow. I guess it'd be a streamlined version of what you would play on the PC and that version works well in the process.

my wife isnt a gamer at all.
but is more interested in seeing how they represent the whole civilization concept.
she read something about it and was intrigued by the idea.
So honestly a streamlined version of civ 4 could work.
Is the demo a good representation of the game?
I thought i saw it up....

just saw it for the ps3 probly for 360 too at toys r us 19.99 new, good deal especially due to their B1G1 50% off if your getting another 20 or 30 dollar game.

bread's done
Back