This might actually be worth looking into, the other side of town (well the town next door) has comcast and we were looking into moving there anyhow. Thanks OP

Wow! Remarkable rip off deal ever ... $99 plus taxes + fees for a month up to a year contract. I wish i have that kinda $$$ so i can get FREE DS.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Wow! Remarkable rip off deal ever ... $99 plus taxes + fees for a month up to a year contract. I wish i have that kinda $$$ so i can get FREE DS.[/quote]

im betting that u are under the age of 18 and dont have to pay a cable/internet/phone bill.

$99 for all 3 is a very good deal in itself. not many cable/net/phone providers come remotly close to 99$ if you add up all 3 services. to throw in a ds is a little bit of icing on the cake.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Wow! Remarkable rip off deal ever ... $99 plus taxes + fees for a month up to a year contract. I wish i have that kinda $$$ so i can get FREE DS.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever paid for Digital Cable? That alone is normally $64 plus $50 for Internet. So this is quite a good deal for those who don't have Comcast already. Also, Comcast never makes you sign a contract, so you can quit at any time.

I was just looking at this today. After 1 year the price goes up from $99 to $130. It's still an okay deal though.

DS deal is for new sign-up's only too.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Wow! Remarkable rip off deal ever ... $99 plus taxes + fees for a month up to a year contract. I wish i have that kinda $$$ so i can get FREE DS.[/QUOTE]

Don't get out much, do you?

$99/month for all these services IS a rip. If you have half a brain in your head, you can find much better deals elsewhere.

1. Digital Cable and Hi-Speed Internet.

Comcast routinely offers promotions where you can receive basic, standard, and digital cable plus hi-speed internet for $29.95 + $19.95/month respectively. In addition, if you sign up for Comcast hi-speed internet at Staples or Circuit City rather than through Comcast directly, you get the $19.95/month rate plus a gift card/rebate/modem/gift. These prices last 3-6 months, and can generally be extended to a year if you call and threaten to cancel. Once the prices can't be extended any longer, cancel, then have your significant other/roommate signup as a "new" customer to once again get the promotional rates.

2. VOIP.

SunRocket routinely offers $99/year and $199/2 years promotions, and they are a reputable company which I have used for almost a year now and am thrilled with.

So that's about $55/month for all three services, not including the rebates and freebies you get from CC and Staples.

[quote name='Serialkilla']fuckin' Comcast. Why do you have all the great deals NOW. As an existing customer, I deserve that DS. That's it, I'm calling them up.[/quote]

fyi....being an existing customer and if u dont currently have the triple play service at 99 a month you can still switch over and get that deal.

[quote name='billg']$99/month for all these services IS a rip. If you have half a brain in your head, you can find much better deals elsewhere.

1. Digital Cable and Hi-Speed Internet.

Comcast routinely offers promotions where you can receive basic, standard, and digital cable plus hi-speed internet for $29.95 + $19.95/month respectively. In addition, if you sign up for Comcast hi-speed internet at Staples or Circuit City rather than through Comcast directly, you get the $19.95/month rate plus a gift card/rebate/modem/gift. These prices last 3-6 months, and can generally be extended to a year if you call and threaten to cancel. Once the prices can't be extended any longer, cancel, then have your significant other/roommate signup as a "new" customer to once again get the promotional rates.

2. VOIP.

SunRocket routinely offers $99/year and $199/2 years promotions, and they are a reputable company which I have used for almost a year now and am thrilled with.

So that's about $55/month for all three services, not including the rebates and freebies you get from CC and Staples.[/quote]

#1 is a good way to go if u arnt an existing subscriber already. but if u are already with comcast u cant get in on that.

[quote name='billg']
Comcast routinely offers promotions where you can receive basic, standard, and digital cable plus hi-speed internet for $29.95 + $19.95/month respectively. [/QUOTE]

Horseshit. At least not in all areas.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Horseshit. At least not in all areas.[/QUOTE]

Call up and tell them you would like to subscribe to the "Digital Starter" package. Your friend got it for $29.95, and you were wondering if you could get in on the deal, too. Let me know what they say.

I was going to sign-up for the Comcast 3 for $99 deal tomorrow. The thing is, I've got 2 tv's in my house but I don't really want to pay for an extra cable box. Can I just use the 1 digital cable box I get with the package for my hdtv and just use regular coaxial cable for the other TV? Don't really care if it won't be digital cable since it's a crappy bedroom tv. I think I have a fried that does that but I'm not sure if that's how it works.

[quote name='norkusa']I was going to sign-up for the Comcast 3 for $99 deal tomorrow. The thing is, I've got 2 tv's in my house but I don't really want to pay for an extra cable box. Can I just use the 1 digital cable box I get with the package for my hdtv and just use regular coaxial cable for the other TV? Don't really care if it won't be digital cable since it's a crappy bedroom tv. I think I have a fried that does that but I'm not sure if that's how it works.[/quote]

Yes. The rest of the house will be 'basic cable'.

[quote name='billg']Call up and tell them you would like to subscribe to the "Digital Starter" package. Your friend got it for $29.95, and you were wondering if you could get in on the deal, too. Let me know what they say.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you don't understand about not available?

Not much of a deal imo, would be awesome if you could get it for just signing up for cable internet as that is the only thing I have need of... at about $1200 a year as an introductry price on that package seems like you better be getting something free.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Comcast sucks, dont do it![/QUOTE]

I've been using Comcast for my cable internet for 3 years and never had any problems with them. I think they're great.

I only want the cable and internet. My house doesn't use land phone lines since everyone has a cell phone. I'll probably end up calling them later when I go back to school again for a better deal.

Let me also state that for those of you who do have Comcast, make sure to call up and complain as often as possible. Why? Because every time you have a service outage, or any kind of problem with your internet/phone/cable, they need to know about it. They record every complaint you make. So when it comes time to negotiate a lower rate, you can reference your earlier complaints, which they can see, and you can save yourself a nice chunk of change.

For example, "Why should I pay $42.95/month for your high-speed internet when it keeps going out on me? A few months ago I had to call in because the connection kept going out for hours at a time!"

I had a friend who was full price on both cable and internet, and I told him how to negotiate his rates down. They eventually caved, but were hard to budge as they specifically stated, "In the two years you've had our service, I don't see one complaint from you."

So get those problems notated and then use them to your advantage come re-up time.

i just switched from my current provider to comcast because of their $19.99 for high speed internet for the first 6 months. basic cable is 12.95. no contract.

the triple play isn't a bad deal if you are one who watches alot of television. i'm too cheap.

Oh yeah, if you do plan to switch haggle the install fees. They wanted to charge me over $80 to install cable and internet. I told the rep that was unacceptable. She dropped the internet install fee. The 12.95/mo cable install she wouldn't reduce.

[quote name='billg']Let me also state that for those of you who do have Comcast, make sure to call up and complain as often as possible. Why? Because every time you have a service outage, or any kind of problem with your internet/phone/cable, they need to know about it. They record every complaint you make. So when it comes time to negotiate a lower rate, you can reference your earlier complaints, which they can see, and you can save yourself a nice chunk of change.

For example, "Why should I pay $42.95/month for your high-speed internet when it keeps going out on me? A few months ago I had to call in because the connection kept going out for hours at a time!"

I had a friend who was full price on both cable and internet, and I told him how to negotiate his rates down. They eventually caved, but were hard to budge as they specifically stated, "In the two years you've had our service, I don't see one complaint from you."

So get those problems notated and then use them to your advantage come re-up time.[/QUOTE]

You, sir, are a shyster. No wonder the rates keep going up for the rest of us.

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']You, sir, are a shyster. No wonder the rates keep going up for the rest of us.[/quote]

how is he a shyster? if his service keeps going out on him and he isnt happy about it. companies do things like give little price reductions to keep their customers happy and loyal. the reason the rates keep rising is this little thing called inflation. the price on everything goes up as time goes by.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Wow! Remarkable rip off deal ever ... $99 plus taxes + fees for a month up to a year contract. I wish i have that kinda $$$ so i can get FREE DS.[/quote]

With our current provider (Atlantic Broadband), we're paying ~$135/month for Digital Cable w/ HD Channels (not worth it), DVR and mid speed Cable Mode, with 350k/30k caps. Tack on another $25 for vonage.

It's an absolute rip-off, but it's the only option. We live in the valley between two mountains, so off-air signals aren't an option (Tried already) and Dish/Direct picture quality really sucks around here.

[quote name='nativetongue88']how is he a shyster? if his service keeps going out on him and he isnt happy about it. companies do things like give little price reductions to keep their customers happy and loyal. the reason the rates keep rising is this little thing called inflation. the price on everything goes up as time goes by.[/quote]

LOL I'd like to know how Sony figured that they could charge 100% more for their PS3, since their major competitor(MS) only jacked up their price by $100 for the Premium.

Oh and.....here's my story as to why I wish we could get the fuck out of Comcrap's lovely service here. When we first got cable in my families old house, it was through a local provider called Verto. Verto, in turn, got gobbled up by Adelphia, which got run into the ground by its owners and their lines got bought out by Comcrap.

Now, since Comcrap has become our ONLY local cable company(yep, a monopoly), they have taken away channels for basic subscribers and put other formerly basic channels up in the digital cable channel range. In other words, you want X, Y and Z channels back, subscribe to digital cable from us.

A relative of mine has their digi cable, pays about $120 a month for it and routinely has to call them or stop down their local office to complain about FREQUENT outages. So far, he's managed to get 3-5 months of digi cable for free for complaining.

I don't blame him either, as I used to do the SAME thing when I was unfortunate enough to be on AOL and be paying for it(I get free AOL now thanks to having DSL finally). I must've went 5-10 months without paying a SINGLE premium because every other hour, my service went kaput on me and I had to clear my cache and do all sort of convoluded bullshit just to get back online.

Anyway, I'm currently happy with paying Verizon $19.99 a month for the most base DSL connection, since I only use it for my PC at this point, but once the year long rate/contract is up and I see what the rate spikes to, I'm trying to bargain for a lower rate. If I don't get it, I may just go back to using the public library for my internet, since I won't pay a dialup provider for their crap service ever again.

The point to this LONG story is: Comcast sucks and if you don't complain, you will never get a better rate or even free service for putting up with outages of ANY kind. Plus, this deal blows, just like Comcast.

[quote name='nativetongue88']fyi....being an existing customer and if u dont currently have the triple play service at 99 a month you can still switch over and get that deal.[/QUOTE]

In the FAQ's it specifically says that you have to be going from 0 to 3 services to qualify for the DS. Existing customers always get screwed.

[quote name='AlanSaysYo']You, sir, are a shyster. No wonder the rates keep going up for the rest of us.[/QUOTE]

I am not a shyster, I am a customer. When I do not get the proper service I should receive, I make it known to those in charge and am often remunerated for the inconvenience. I do not make false claims or accusations.

The rates keep going up because of the weak dollar, the massive rise in the costs of building and communications materials, and because Comcast effectively has a monopoly on cable and internet services.

If you want to see how the market is supposed to work, look at how the price of memory(both RAM and HD) keeps dropping. This is because those companies are pumping their profits into R&D, whereas Comcast is just buying everyone up and then gouging the customers.

If you want to see prices drop, I am not the one you should be going after. You should contact your congresspeople and get the laws and regulations changed.

Offer is only good for new customers going from 0 to 3 services.

If you already have one of the services, you're SOL.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I have used Comcast for the last 4 years and they have been fantastic.[/quote]

Would you dare say, "Comcastic"? :)

[quote name='billg']Let me also state that for those of you who do have Comcast, make sure to call up and complain as often as possible. Why? Because every time you have a service outage, or any kind of problem with your internet/phone/cable, they need to know about it. They record every complaint you make. So when it comes time to negotiate a lower rate, you can reference your earlier complaints, which they can see, and you can save yourself a nice chunk of change.[/quote]

Solid advice, if a subscriber doesn't call in with the issue, there's really no concrete way for Comcast to know there's an issue.

Another good tactic, as long as the actual service is out and it's not a router or some setting someone changed on a computer. A good repair/service rep also what was wrong with the issue (no sync, firewall problem, router, etc.). You won't get a ton of sympathy that you were unable to get online because your friend put your firewall into lock-down mode.

That's true, if a subscriber doesn't call in there will be no notes on said account and that makes any negotiating more difficult than it would be if there were a history of calls. Not only will this help with any future attempts to lower the cost, you'll likely get some credit knocked off next month's bill as well.

50% downtime? That's Comcastic!

But yeah, this:

151391848.png

[quote name='Logain8955']Video by the guys who did Ren + Stimpy is awesome.

Deal's not bad, but the video is cool.[/quote]

I guess the only other person, besides me, to notice the animation was from the same guys who did Ren & Stimpy. Man I loved that show, that animation is by far my fav. of all time. I love those guys.
It just really sucks to see them having to make commericals now.
Even though its like the coolest one i've seen in a long time.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Could be worse...at least you don't have to sign up for Charter.[/QUOTE]

Here in my small town in Minnesota, I know that pain all too well.

The Internet will have streaks where it works fine and then it will have ones where it randomly drops out for hours at a time, only coming back on to work for a few minutes before going out again. Also, they no longer offer the NFL network which they claimed to offer in their package... however because of some legal matters with the NFL they don't carry it anymore... which wasn't mentioned on the paper they game us before we agreed to get it.

bread's done
Back