[quote name='aenemaz']dfo you on sd as well? When I signed up and got the email the code appeared to be generic but good looking out[/QUOTE]

Nope, just followed the OP's link and clicked through to the signup page (didn't complete it though) which said the code is for Wii purchases only. But if they're giving out generic codes despite the description that's good info!

Signed up just to see and got my code from them today. The email looks like this:

Hi !

Thanks for signing up for information relating to EA products built for the Wii.

As a follow up to your recent inquiry to receive information about EA Wii products, EA would like to offer you a $5 off coupon code redeemable at the ea.com store. Please use the following code during check out at www.eastore.com

XXXXXXXXX [sorry, removing the code just in case it's unique and one time use ;)]

You will now receive EA product information, special promotions, news, and events related to the Wii.

Thanks,

-EA
It doesn't actually say that the coupon code is Wii-specific, but it mentions the Wii several other times in the email, so who knows. I'm not going to try it until after I've gotten the Sims 3 cash cards that I ordered from Best Buy on Saturday. Will report back then if no one else tries it in the meantime.

This is covered in the big EA 50% off (via BB Sims Cash Cards) thread. BTW, the code will take $5 off each Wii game in your cart at the time of entering the code.

[quote name='guessed']This is covered in the big EA 50% off (via BB Sims Cash Cards) thread. BTW, the code will take $5 off each Wii game in your cart at the time of entering the code.[/QUOTE]

If it is, it got seriously buried somewhere in the 31 pages in that thread, because I've been kinda following it (but granted, not super-closely) and I haven't seen it.

So you can confirm that this is definitely Wii-only then? If so, that's kind of unfortunate (not really that interested in any of their Wii titles).

bread's done
Back