Significant Best Buy (B & M) Anime Clearance

Grico

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Hey, just in time for the coupon there are some pretty substantial anime price markdowns. They are generally ADV releases. Some are online as well. This list also includes some of the relevant previous markdowns as well. At this point some of those are very YMMV as far as being instock in store and no longer offered online. Happy hunting.

Angel Links Complete Collection $15.99 (Duo Maxwell)
Area 88 1 9.99
Avenger $19.99 (the non-Anime Legends version) (Duo Maxwell)
Chrono Crusade various volumes 9.99 ( I believe they were 3 and 5).
Cromartie High School 4 9.99
Devil Lady Collection (whole 26 ep. series) 19.99 (online)
DNangel 1 (box and no box same price?) 11.99, 2,3,4,5 9.99
Excel Saga Perfect Collection (full 26 ep series - $35 (CREDIT: Admiral Ackbar)
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu 1 (with series box) 11.99, (w/o box) 9.99
Gantz vol. 1 with box 10.99 (online) vol. 7 (with box) 11.99 (CREDIT: Bezerker)
Getbackers 4 11.99, 7 9.99
Gilgamesh Vol 1 $9.99 (CREDIT: Soujiro_Seta)
Gravion Zwei 1 (w/box) 7.99, 3 9.99 (both online)
Jubei-Chan the Complete Collection 11.99
Lupin the 3rd: Island of Assassins and Crisis in Tokyo 12.00 [CREDIT theGamefan]
Kodocha 1 (with box) 17.99
Maburaho 1 (w/ series box) 11.99 (w/o box) 9.99
Madlax 1 (with series box) 15.99, (w/o box) 11.99, 3 9.99
Magical Meow Meow Taruto Volume 3 : 11.99 (KING NES)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 11.99 6, 7 9.99
Paranoia Agent Vol. 2 $14.99 (DUO Maxwell)
Peacemaker 1, 2, 5,6 9.99
Planetes Volume 1,2 11.99 (KING NES)
Sakura Diaries 1 9.99
Sakura Taisen: Ecole De Paris 11.99
Saiyuki Double Barrel Collection volumes 1-5 (2 discs each) $9.99 (Credit: Bezerker)
Samurai Gun 1 (with box) 11.99
Samurai X OVA Collection 26.99 (online)
Scrapped Princess 1 11.99 (Duo Maxwell) 3 deluxe set : 15.99 (KING NES)
Shuten Doji Vol. 1 $11.99 (Duo Maxwell)
Sister Princess 3 6.99, 4, 11.99 7 9.99
Yugo the Negotiator 1, 2 9.99

I'll be at the other best buy tomorrow so I will see if I find anything else.

Interesting, i wonder if thats going on at my best buy, ill check it out tomorrow, the 30% off coupon will take an extra chunk out of that too ;-).

Time to run, not walk, to my Best Buy to see if they have any remaining Eva Platinum discs. Most Best Buys I go to have either sold through or shipped 'em back by now, though.

[quote name='Bezerker']I have a feeling that the Eva dvd's listed above are the normal edition.[/QUOTE]
No, they're definitely the Platinums. The price drop is even reflected on the website.

Lupin the Third: Island of Assassins and Crisis in Tokyo are $12, I haven't heard anything about DoD hitting that price. I got CiT for that price about a month ago.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Lupin the Third: Island of Assassins and Crisis in Tokyo are $12, I haven't heard anything about DoD hitting that price. I got CiT for that price about a month ago.[/QUOTE]

ok I'll add them to the list, i know at least some lupin movies were still marked at full price at mine.

If anyone finds Eva Platinum 5, 6, and/or 7 in their area, I will trade well, or pay cost + shipping + a small bonus... didn't see any Eva on my last trip to my local BB, maybe they'll dig some out for this sale? If they don't, however, I'd love for a CAG or two to help me complete my collection...

-sailorneorune

I have been waiting for this for a while myself hopefully they don't pull them from the shelves looks like i'll be hitting up 3 Best Buys tommarow.

Just got back from best buy, all i can say is WOW.

They had a whole buncha DVD's for $9.99, and dvds +artbox for $11.99. Notables were the Saiyuki Double Barrel Collection volumes 1-5 (2 discs each) for $9.99. Also Gantz Vol 7 & Samurai Gun Vol 1 w/ artboxes were great deals. Unfortunately my best buy still hasnt gotten in their Animericas, the guy said to call later tonight as they may get afternoon shipments.

And yes, i was wrong about eva, it was the platinum collections that were $11.99

Just so you know, another NGE version is coming out soon. The US distrubuitor even talks about it in the platium editions extras.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Just so you know, another NGE version is coming out soon. The US distrubuitor even talks about it in the platium editions extras.[/QUOTE]

Care to share any details? That's kind of vague. They already remastered the source and did an excellent sound master with Platinum.

[quote name='moiety']I'm assuming these are all visibly marked with the sale prices?[/QUOTE]

Not really ,there are no signs, its just the $9.99/$11.99 yellow sticker on the dvd, not sure what your best buy is like, but mine has a stocked anime section so everything is spine facing forward, so you gotta pull each one invidiually to see the price.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Just so you know, another NGE version is coming out soon. The US distrubuitor even talks about it in the platium editions extras.[/QUOTE]

Weird, can't think of anything they would add to it.

I'm gonna check this out, but I'm not holding out much hope. The Best Buy around here has a decent selection of anime, except they've been thinning out the individual volumes except for newer ones. If there's a box set out they tend to have it instead of individuals discs of the series.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Is best buy ever going to get more NGE Platinum Completes? Their computers said there isnt a single copy in this whole state (wa).[/QUOTE]

If you are talking about the in-store locator on the BB website - this is not reliable. From what I've seen, the in-store locator will only show it as in stock if there are more than 2 or 3 of something in store. I don't have the exact number, but I've checked the website and it said there are none in the nearest 5-10 stores, and then I go in to the store, and their database shows that all of those stores have 1-2 of the item in stock.

So don't rely on the website in-store locator for a number. The best way is to go in the store and check. I've had stores show up as having 15 of something, and the store can't find it, and I've also seen stores with something on the shelf, when the database says they have none.

^#$*@)$*$^@(@)$)*@^!@%#&#*(#$&#&^!@%^!@&^!@&#*#*

Those Muther fuckers!

I was at BB last nigth and the stuff you listed WAS There. I remember becasue I went and looked for some of that stuff. I went to see also if they had any of the animerica magazines left.

So as soon as I saw this thread I headed out there this afternoon. Now they're all GONE! Those bastards took 'em off the shelves. I was pissed. The worst is that they're still in stock on their internal stock system. Now, if there were only a few left I would assume that some were bpught. But they're just missing with huge gaping holes in teh shelves. five boxes of Samurai Gun, GONE!

This happened tlast year when Jubei Chan 2 went on clearance and overnight ten boxes disappeared. they couldn't find them then either.

Anyway, I'm pissed. My sister is going into work there tonigth and since she's quitting soon I'm going to ask her to snoop around and voice my displeasure. I already complained in there this afternoon.

Those rat bastards.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']
I was at BB last nigth and the stuff you listed WAS There. ...

So as soon as I saw this thread I headed out there this afternoon. Now they're all GONE! Those bastards took 'em off the shelves. I was pissed. The worst is that they're still in stock on their internal stock system. [/QUOTE]

The nearest store to me did the same thing when Enterprise went on sale a few weeks back. I heard that the official word was Best Buy would still sell them if the customer asked, so the store pulled them off the shelf and hid them in the back room on one of the top shelves so they wouldn't have to sell them at the discounted price.

It's definitely a good thing to have some friendly employees who can go looking around when stuff like this happens.

I picked up NGE Platinum 4, 6, and 7, Went to three bestbuys only ones I could find. But I did manage to get 2 mini-Animerica's with the Coupons but it was kind of a hassell to get them. Since I bought the 3 vol's at the one place that didnt' even have any of the mini-animericas I'll save them for something later.

[quote name='Brian9824']Any boxsets marked down? Even at 30% off its still usually cheaper to just buy boxset.[/QUOTE]

No I haven't seen any box set markdowns at my best buys at least.

Thank you very much OP ^_^. I picked up the remaining Evangelion Platnium discs that i was missing (vol. 4, 6, 7) and also Cromartie vol. 4

Only found Kodocha box (plus #6 for the Evangelion, but passed).

Coudl someone scan that coupon for me? Please? I didn't see that buyer's guide at all.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']For ten bucks it's hard to go wrong. But I thought Gilgamesh 1 was one of the suckiest suckfests to ever sucky sucky.[/QUOTE]

Really? I saw a preview of it on some other adv dvd and thought it looked interesting just didnt wanna shell out the $20 for it. I just watched the first ep so far and its not bad.

I can get Full Metal Panic Fumoffu!!!

Edit: Just noticed it was online too! Score! Full Metal Panic 1: Fumoffu - Full Metal Pandemon for $11.99 + tax + $1.69 shipping. Thanks OP!

My Best Buy actually had several of these titles. I picked up Madlax vol. 1 w/ box, Madlax vol. 3, Sakura Diaries 1, and Robotech Remastered 7 w/ box and figure, but I may take that one back. Not sure if I really want it.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']Really? I saw a preview of it on some other adv dvd and thought it looked interesting just didnt wanna shell out the $20 for it. I just watched the first ep so far and its not bad.[/QUOTE]

In my oipinion it's pretty bad.

It lacks continuity. The great calamity hits the earth that stops all electronics, and then you start seeing them using electronics by episode three or four. Then there's terrible, terrible direction. And I don't just mean in writing but in the way shots are organized. How many time do I have to see a monster walking down a corridor. And do thye think that actually builds suspense. Maybe in the 80's it did but anime has progressed a long way since then.

[quote name='WebScud']Care to share any details? That's kind of vague. They already remastered the source and did an excellent sound master with Platinum.[/QUOTE]

Based on the remix commentary on dvd 3, they just said that nothing is planned now, but they think that probably will be released again at some point in a couple years as a high def edition. Certaintly you will see it released again on whatever format wins the next dvd wars.

Thanks for the heads up, OP. I'm almost done with my Evangelion Platinum set now. Just need volumes 3 and 4. If anyone can hook a brother up, let me know.

I also grabbed the Samurai Gun boxset on a whim to check it out. The reviews seem to indicate that it starts off slow, but picks up in Volumes 2 and 3. I might wait to see how Volume 4 is reviewed before commiting to the series.

I was shocked when I saw FMP Fumoffu at BB today at the price when I went to pick up the The Good, The Bad and the Ugly from a previous CAG deal. I'm tempted to get the Saiyuki Double Barrel ones at their current prices.

Thanks, OP! :D :D

Just a note, I saw some of the sister princess stuff has been priced reduced and have added it to the list

[quote name='Grico']Based on the remix commentary on dvd 3, they just said that nothing is planned now, but they think that probably will be released again at some point in a couple years as a high def edition. Certaintly you will see it released again on whatever format wins the next dvd wars.[/QUOTE]

Oh, well next-gen dics are a given. ;) I can see that. Just not new a new DVD line.

I have Yugo, Gantz, Maburaho, Madlax and DNAngel in my cart. I can't decide what's worth it.

Area 88 1 9.99
Chrono Crusade various volumes 9.99 ( I believe they were 3 and 5).
Cromartie High School 4 9.99
Gantz vol. 7 (with box) 11.99 (CREDIT: Bezerker)
Lupin the 3rd: Island of Assassins and Crisis in Tokyo 12.00 [CREDIT theGamefan]
Madlax 1 (with series box) 15.99, (w/o box) 11.99, 3 9.99
Samurai Gun 1 (with box) 11.99

I'm hoping that these will be available tomorrow when I go.

Anybody know if maybe Gunslinger Girl has dropped along with these?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Anybody know if maybe Gunslinger Girl has dropped along with these?[/QUOTE]
Nope, they're still $19.99. I was hoping the same thing when I went tonight.

My only gripe is individual volumes are such a waste. Even if you get each Chrono Crusade disc for $7.50 it would STILL be cheaper to just buy the boxset....

Yea, im holding off on the Gantz stuff, theyre releasing the series on 2 thinpaks (1-5 & 6-10) on 2/21 & 2/27 (unfortunately the 30% off coupon expires 2/25). But the thinpaks will only be $39.99 each. So at least you'll be able to get 30% off on the first box.

OK total newb Anime question here. I am putting together a collection of movies for my new Home Theatre System, and I know nothing about Anime. I have always been interested, just haven't really watched any. Anyway, where should i start? What would be a good top 5 or top 10 movies to look for?

I have done a little research and a few keep popping up like Ghost in the Shell, Ghost in the Shell 2, Spirited Away, Akira, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, Ninja Scroll and Animatrix. Are any of these on sale? Any input from you guys would be appreciated.

Also, any special editions or anything I should look for to take full advantage of my Plasma HDTV with surround system?

bread's done
Back