Silent Hill: Downpour(360) - $15.74 on Amazon

There's a reason why it's at a budget price. I picked it up for $20 at BBY when it was the DotD. I lasted about 2-3 hours before I went to playing something else.

It's just....Not good. Such a disappointment. Not sure about the 360 version but with the PS3 version I ran into a lot of lags just in those 2-3 hours of gameplay.

[quote name='GBAstar']OP, mentioning the $8 S/H would have been nice[/QUOTE]

I noticed it, but thought the default was the 2-3 day shipping. I figured there would be an option for standard shipping at 3.99???

[quote name='TaylorM06']There's a reason why it's at a budget price. I picked it up for $20 at BBY when it was the DotD. I lasted about 2-3 hours before I went to playing something else.

It's just....Not good. Such a disappointment. Not sure about the 360 version but with the PS3 version I ran into a lot of lags just in those 2-3 hours of gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Well that's just your opinion. Not saying I'm not going to value it, but I've read decent-good reviews of the game and user reviews with most saying it's at least better than Homecoming(which I thought was alright).

I'm a long-time Silent Hill fan, and I got it on release day and played through it twice in a row. I really liked it (especially my second run through when I did all of the side quests). Also some cool easter eggs and references in there for fans of the series. I guess it depends on what you're into. It does have technical issues (stuttering framerate here and there and the occasional loading pause) and some bugs (nothing game-breaking, at least not as far as the main story goes). They're supposedly still working on a patch. The game was good enough that I was able to overlook the flaws, though, and probably got 25 or 30 hours of horror fun out of it. Definitely a solid deal at that price.

[quote name='miniviking10']I noticed it, but thought the default was the 2-3 day shipping. I figured there would be an option for standard shipping at 3.99???[/QUOTE]

Nope; the $7.99 is standard shipping and there is no option for combined or discounted shipping if you order more copies.

Basically the game is ~ $24 which is still a solid price

[quote name='miniviking10']Well that's just your opinion. Not saying I'm not going to value it, but I've read decent-good reviews of the game and user reviews with most saying it's at least better than Homecoming(which I thought was alright).[/QUOTE]

I just expected something better, and was disapointed. I missed out on Homecoming, so I can't compare the two.

It was only like that when walking through town,and it never came up whenever I was in the middle of combat.It's not a gamebreaking issue,just an annoyance.Other than that,I thought it was the best Silent Hill since the third,with Murphy being one of the best protagonist of the series.

[quote name='TaylorM06']I missed out on Homecoming[/QUOTE]

No you didn't, don't worry.

I mean, it wasn't the worst game I ever played or anything..but it truly defined the word mediocre.

Despite that, I will still try out Downpour someday. But it will be on my terms (sub $15 after tax & s/h).

I watched the video above for about a minute. I didn't see anything I would consider to be unplayable in it, though it certainly isn't a standard for quality gameplay.

[quote name='miniviking10']Well that's just your opinion. Not saying I'm not going to value it, but I've read decent-good reviews of the game and user reviews with most saying it's at least better than Homecoming(which I thought was alright).[/QUOTE]

Some people really liked it, it's definitely mixed (and a lot of people experience glitches which ruin things), whereas Homecoming was pretty much a disappointment to everyone.

Lol...I love how gamers these days jump straight to the word "unplayable" whenever a game has a few framerate dips or the occasional stutter.

I had it for the PS3 from that BB DOTD and I just could NOT keep playing it with all of the framerate drops/stuttering. I really did wanna play this game too, but at times the framerate drop was SO bad on the PS3 that I thought the game had frozen several times.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']It doesn't matter how good of a game is, it's virtually UNPLAYABLE thanks to how insanely buggy it is. A fellow user on there made this video to illustrate how completely unfinished and untested this game was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amu1h8JwVxY[/QUOTE]

That is hardly unplayable. I agree it is annoying but you're being a bit dramatic.

I suppose some people just have a higher tolerance for that sort of thing than others. I played WoW at 5-20 fps for years!

Raiding Black Temple at 5 fps was a treat.

I played through the game and really enjoyed it alot, i always install my games to my HDD, But it NEVER lagged like that video showed.

[quote name='NEP']That is hardly unplayable. I agree it is annoying but you're being a bit dramatic.

I suppose some people just have a higher tolerance for that sort of thing than others. I played WoW at 5-20 fps for years!

Raiding Black Temple at 5 fps was a treat.[/QUOTE]
A couple little framerate drops I could've handled, but when I tried the PS3 version it was doing it often enough that I got annoyed with it after a while. At least if there were some sort of news of an impending patch coming out for it SOON I would've kept the game and tried it again after the patch.

But since it seems like it's low on the list of priorities for Konami I just couldn't accept that and got rid of it while it was a break even prospect for me.

[quote name='MR_E']Lol...I love how gamers these days jump straight to the word "unplayable" whenever a game has a few framerate dips or the occasional stutter.[/QUOTE]

This. A million times this. I wonder how many of them tried PC gaming in the 80's or 90's with under powered rigs just so they could play their most wanted games.

I watched about two minutes of the video, cause it was boring as hell. The auto save mucked with the framerate and caused lags. Whoop de doo. Plus other cags say with install to HD they didnt have as many issues.

On the other hand, I heard the Silent Hill HD compilation of older titles also was hit hard with technical issues. Not a good brand association.

In for one. Thanks OP. Been waiting for this to drop to a budget price, and even with crazy shipping it's still such a low price that's it's worth it for me. I'm not that jazzed about it though - more playing it out of a sense of curiosity/obligation/foolish hope. Such a shame that Konami's taken one of the most interesting series in gaming and just run it into the ground.

[quote name='Prismatico']Some people really liked it, it's definitely mixed (and a lot of people experience glitches which ruin things), whereas Homecoming was pretty much a disappointment to everyone.[/QUOTE]

Call me crazy but I really liked Homecoming

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']It doesn't matter how good of a game is, it's virtually UNPLAYABLE thanks to how insanely buggy it is. A fellow user on there made this video to illustrate how completely unfinished and untested this game was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amu1h8JwVxY[/QUOTE]

It looks like it's saving every 3 seconds, that might be the problem.
I know installing to HDD takes most of the issue away, but is it possible to turn autosave off?

[quote name='NEP']That is hardly unplayable. I agree it is annoying but you're being a bit dramatic.

Raiding Black Temple at 5 fps was a treat.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I didn't notice any game breaking issues in that video. I'm not really interested in that game but that video didn't make me any less interested.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Call me crazy but I really liked Homecoming[/QUOTE]
We must be both crazy then lol:D. The total price is still too high, but anything below $20 for this game is a good deal. Got it for :ps3:.

The frame rate drop is bearable, but the worst glitch of them all is the tunnel glitch. You use the tunnel here to fast travel. And that glitch happened in the worst possible way for me, all but one entrance all of a sudden got locked.

I just recommend to manually save the game here and then over a new slot (as if the game was skyrim :)): and when that glitch happens just load the unglitched one. Obviously i didn't do that one lol but i got far enough into the game to say that it is a good game.

[quote name='MR_E']Lol...I love how gamers these days jump straight to the word "unplayable" whenever a game has a few framerate dips or the occasional stutter.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure reviewers, gamers, and people with inadequate PC's were using that term a very long time ago to apply to these types of issues.

bread's done
Back