Silent Hill Downpour Xbox 360 - 13.95 @ Amazon

I won't even buy that game with this price lol but thanks. :)

sig.jpg

To be honest I like where they were going with the game and that they seemed to try to make it good, but they failed pretty hard and as such the game is pretty much trash. I would recommend it at a

[quote name='Capocci 007']I got this a while ago on that BB DOTD. I got to a part, got lost and confused, and sold it. Game blows.[/QUOTE]

Same here. It was creepy as hell in the abandoned houses. That was the only good thing it had going for it, it was pretty bad otherwise. Is homecoming any better?

[quote name='Vap']Same here. It was creepy as hell in the abandoned houses. That was the only good thing it had going for it, it was pretty bad otherwise. Is homecoming any better?[/QUOTE]

Homecoming is a lot worse.

[quote name='strait edge follower']silent hill games have been hit or miss this gen of consoles. ill wait for 10$ or less and give this game a try[/QUOTE]

Guess you missed the $9.99 PS3 version(3D compatible) at Amazon.

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']Homecoming is a lot worse.[/QUOTE]

This is awesome news. I LOVED Homecoming. I played through it twice.

[quote name='strait edge follower']when was this sale ? oh well it will hit that price again soon i bet[/QUOTE]

December.

I liked the hour and a half or so I played of Homecoming.

Though I do find it weird the protag never gets around to asking anyone he meets "So, how long has this city had a spontaneous sinkhole and flesh mangled monster problem?"

[quote name='Capocci 007']I got this a while ago on that BB DOTD. I got to a part, got lost and confused, and sold it. Game blows.[/QUOTE]

I got to that part, I didn't get lost or confused, and finished it. Game doesn't blow. :lol:

Seriously though I found the enemies lacking and uninspired but as far as Silent Hill the town goes, it was, as far as I'm concerned, the best so far.

Not that you have to be a diehard Silent Hill fan to appreciate the games but you have to at least understand them. I feel like most people that totally trash the recent SH games, just don't understand what SH is about.

I haven't played Downpour, I've also been waiting for $10 since I missed the last Amazon sale...but I think homecoming is unjustly ridiculed. IMO, Homecoming is >>>>>>>>>>> SH4 The Room which was total hot garbage.

The game was not stellar but at least it was a formidable first try by a new company to delve into doing SH. If you're a fan of SH, I think you'll get your enjoyment from Homecoming...I did...

IMO, Silent Hill as a franchise is due for a complete overhaul by a team that truly UNDERSTANDS what Silent Hill is. While Resident Evil has slowly fallen from grace...the reboot from RE3 to RE4 was magnificent and perfectly melded the action gamers crave with the pacing of the original RE games. Silent Hill doesn't need to go action, but it does need a spark or re-imagination.

Be sure to do all the side missions and explore and always look behind you when doing something significant. :) I got 1000/1000 achevos for this and Homecoming. I wanna go through them again to be honest.
I can also say that playing this alone in at night with the light on(because your tired eyes will probably play shadow tricks on you like mine did lol) is the best, I was creeped out a few times, and some of the side missions are disturbing but awesome.

And it's 3D, well fake 3D 2D + depth like Crysis 2's, if you're into that sorta thing. I played through it in on my 3DTV and really liked it, I wouldn't play it any other way.

bread's done
Back