Silent Hill Experience = rare?

GunPanther

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I ordered and finally received my two copies from EB Games.Com, after waiting nearly two weeks for them to arrive. At first, I thought this UMD Movie was simply a 'new release' and that not all retailers would be carrying it right away, but after I took a look at the invoice that EB Games.Com included, I can't help but think that "The Silent Hill Experience" might be a 'rare' title.

The invoice stated '(inet only)' which I'm assuming means 'internet only' product availability.

I've called up the local EB Games & Gamestop stores and surprisingly, a couple of the stores' clerks have never even heard of this title, wheareas NONE of the stores had any in stock. (The store clerks who did know about this title gave me the whole 'we get our shipments weekly, try back then....' lecture. In other words, they have no idea when it's coming in. lol )

I wonder if this title is going to be one of the more sought after, franchise based products? Remember "The Document Of Metal Gear Solid"? That's pretty hard to come by now and even if you do find it used, it seems to go for more than what it originally retailed for.

I have no doubt that these things will become rare after a little while. I'd hang onto a copy for a few years and expect to sell it for like $100... given the stupidity of a lot of Ebay buyers, it'd sell for that much at least.

The digital comics on it are awesome. Im not sure about the whole rare part of it, but I hope it sells enough to get more of the medium put on the PSP.

[quote name='rodeojones903']The digital comics on it are awesome. Im not sure about the whole rare part of it, but I hope it sells enough to get more of the medium put on the PSP.[/QUOTE]

If you like reading comics on your PSP, here's one that's a free download that was designed for the PSP. It doesn't have any animation or any of that fancy stuff but it does have a pretty cool storyline (ends on a bit of a cliffhanger though but that's just because they haven't published a new issue in quite a few months).
http://nyc2123.com/

[quote name='doubledown']What is the SH disc all about? Just a comic to read...a $20 digital comic? I know BestBuy.com has it also.[/QUOTE]

Yes, "s $20 digital comic" pretty much sums it up, although it's a bit more than that since it also includes selected music/songs from the entire Silent Hill franchise, as well as exclusive interviews with Composer/Producer Akira Yamaoka and Director Christophe Gans.

Cool stuff indeed, but you seriously have to be a hardcore fan of the Silent Hill franchise to even fathom the idea of spending $20 on this UMD.

Being a fan of the Metal gear franchise (from it's days on the NES), I did the same for "The Document Of Metal Gear Solid", and since I've already been a fan of the Silent Hill franchise since I played the first game way back in 1999, it was an obvious, no-brainer purchase for me.

I'm just glad that Konami decided to have an MSRP of $19.99 and consider it a "UMD Movie" as opposed to selling it for what a regular PSP game goes for. Still though, I probably would have bought it anyway, even at $39.99, but I would have only bought one copy.

[quote name='GunPanther']Yes, "s $20 digital comic" pretty much sums it up, although it's a bit more than that since it also includes selected music/songs from the entire Silent Hill franchise, as well as exclusive interviews with Composer/Producer Akira Yamaoka and Director Christophe Gans.

Cool stuff indeed, but you seriously have to be a hardcore fan of the Silent Hill franchise to even fathom the idea of spending $20 on this UMD.

Being a fan of the Metal gear franchise (from it's days on the NES), I did the same for "The Document Of Metal Gear Solid", and since I've already been a fan of the Silent Hill franchise since I played the first game way back in 1999, it was an obvious, no-brainer purchase for me.

I'm just glad that Konami decided to have an MSRP of $19.99 and consider it a "UMD Movie" as opposed to selling it for what a regular PSP game goes for. Still though, I probably would have bought it anyway, even at $39.99, but I would have only bought one copy.[/QUOTE]

Raises hand. Hardcore fan right here and I've been planning to buy it. Too bad it's Internet only.

[quote name='the_gloaming']Are they the same comics that were released in graphic novel format like three years ago?[/QUOTE]

That's a good question. I've never read the graphic novels, but I'm assuming they're included in the Silent Hill Experience.

I have yet to open up a copy, so until I do, I'll be guessing myself.

bread's done
Back