Silent Hill HD Collection 29.99 at Amazon FSSS PS3

lilseung

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Not sure if its permanent or a temporary drop but it's the lowest I've seen for a new copy at Amazon.

There are many complaints about the the collection (mainly for ps3 version) despite the first patch it got. There supposedly is a second patch on the way but who know how much it will fix. I honestly just want it for the cover art. I think it looks really good haha.

http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Hill-H...XAIG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335503043&sr=8-1

My first thread so help me out if I'm doing something wrong.

[quote name='Prismatico']A REmake type version would require a large budget and far more resources than Konami probably has available right now. As for the other things, that still requires time/work, and they hired a joke developer (to save money) to handle it so chances are anything more would have been just as bad but taken even longer to come out, and possibly for $50 like they charged for Metal Gear. Sales wouldn't have differed much to justify it, so chalk it all up to business decisions.[/QUOTE]

That's all true, I just disagree with it not being a good business decision. Release an incomplete "collection" and then half-assing what they did include is a bad business decision. Windowed port, REmake type deal...IMO more budget allowance would have equaled more revenue. Not only did they put out a crappy game but they hurt their company's name in general.

[quote name='JKSonic']That's all true, I just disagree with it not being a good business decision. Release an incomplete "collection" and then half-assing what they did include is a bad business decision. Windowed port, REmake type deal...IMO more budget allowance would have equaled more revenue. Not only did they put out a crappy game but they hurt their company's name in general.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say it was good, I meant it was logical for them. Konami doesn't have a whole lot of money to go around, and outside of Metal Gear they don't have IP's worthy of dumping money into anymore as they've lost most of their talent that created their older hits. It doesn't help that FIFA has been dominating PES in recent years, either.

They couldn't just pour a ton of resources into the new Silent Hill game, the HD Collection, and the Vita game all at once, so that's what their original mistake was: they stretched what they could use for this franchise in 2012 far too thin. All three have been delayed at least once; they clearly screwed up. If they had planned something more ambitious as you suggest, the project probably wouldn't have been greenlit when it was.

Obviously with more money allocated to resources and more competent people working on it things would have been better, but that's true for video games 99% of the time (Kinect Star Wars being an example of an exception).

I have thought about snagging this for the 360, as it has been ages since I played them, but I think I will wait and get it from Gamestop via store credit.

I would rather have the DMC collection, as stated earlier in the thread myself.

'Konami has issued a rare Two Patch Announcement for Silent Hill Downpour and Silent Hill HD Collection, planning to fix framerate problems and audio synching in the former, and auto-save issues in the latter.'

silent hill hd collection had a lot of problems, but i dont remember anyone complaining about an auto-save issue?

[quote name='Velo214']'Konami has issued a rare Two Patch Announcement for Silent Hill Downpour and Silent Hill HD Collection, planning to fix framerate problems and audio synching in the former, and auto-save issues in the latter.'

silent hill hd collection had a lot of problems, but i dont remember anyone complaining about an auto-save issue?[/QUOTE]

I think that whoever you got that news post from got it backwards. I got the e-mail from konami directly, and I believe it was the other way around (framerate/syncing in HD Collection and auto-save issues in Downpour). In fact, HD Collection doesn't even autosave.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back