Silent Hill Homecoming

Persona7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Well, I am on the fence about purchasing this game. Some people say its really good, some people say it sucks and some people say its just OK. Anyone willing to post impressions on their playthroughs?

Also, if someone could post how long it is that would be great.

Well, honestly I prefer single player games. Online deathmatches are fun, but not a deciding factor for me.

However offline or online co op campaign are a big deciding factor for me.

I hate it.

I dunno if you're a SH fan or not, but if you are, then let me say that it's always screamingly obvious, when you're playing it, that Team Silent had nothing to do with it (aside from Akira Yamaoka doing the music, of course). And if you hate the SH movie, like I do, then you'll probably be pissed off by the allusions to the movie that are in the game.

A rental, at best.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I hate it.

I dunno if you're a SH fan or not, but if you are, then let me say that it's always screamingly obvious, when you're playing it, that Team Silent had nothing to do with it (aside from Akira Yamaoka doing the music, of course). And if you hate the SH movie, like I do, then you'll probably be pissed off by the allusions to the movie that are in the game.

A rental, at best.[/QUOTE]

Basically... this was a really disappointing game.

I tried to like it, but I just couldn't.

Before launch, I thought this was going to be a day one purchase for me. But once I started hearing all the negative reports coming in, I decided to hold off. Still haven't played it yet, but I see no reason to not wait for a massive price drop before I even consider picking it up. I'll get this when it's under $20, just like I did with Alone in the Dark. Really getting tired of my suvival horror games letting me down lately...

When it does go cheap, grab it up. Konami has a shitty track record when it comes to this series (Castlevania too). With any title, they manufacture a certain number of copies and discontinue it. I see Amazon is starting to have to restock Origins for PS2, so that's a sign that game is on its way out the door.

Yeah, SH3 was a bitch to find later on until game crazy was flooded with new copies. My first copy of SH3 got damaged.

In between that period the price of a sealed copy shot up and all the stores were sold out.

Man this game pisses me off. First off the combat sucks. Second, im at a point where i have hardly no health, and no way to progress because of it. This isnt the first time ive gotten stuck in a SH game, no i was nearly done with SH4 and same thing happened to me in that game too. Got to a point where i had hardly no health, and couldnt get past the next part. Im not starting over again. This game can go to hell.

I enjoyed it, I'm not sure exactly what folks problem with the combat were, seemed ok to me. I also thought the game looked pretty good and the storyline was fine.

I paid $26 for it from NewEgg and was happy with that price, I would have been even happier had I got it at BB for $10 mind you.

It's better then "The Room" but it's still decent, though the fight system still needs some work, and by the way, believe it or not, the Knife you get at the beginning of the game is your most powerful weapon and the one you should use the whole game :p lol seriously! Little harder on bosses, but everything else seems like a cakewalk.

Trust me this guy knows, I got 1000 GS on this game on my Live account.

Worth I'll say $30 or less if you buy it. Dont go over that.

I wan't to play this because I really liked the first one and 3. I never could get into 2 much but what little I played I really liked. Sounds odd but when I got it I didn't have much time to play it and always had to stop. As for 4 I pre ordered it but have yet to get around to playing it. It is way down on the list of back loged games. I want to get this one but cant get my self to pay much for it. I was going to pick it up for 10 bucks when best buy had the deal going on but you could not get to the 360 games on day one of the sale and it was gone. All but the sports titles were gone and people were buying 2 or 3 copies of them at a time. If I can get this for less then 20 I will pick it up but don't really think it is going to be worth more then that.

I purchased this game full price when it came out and because of a backlog, or other games caught my eye I got rid of it. But I purchased it during the Best Buy $10 sale and I got back into for a while...to me its a game that you really have to be in the mood for, the pacing is too slow at times. Then with games like Dead Space out there that do the survival horror thing a little better....its hard to really reccomend this at a full price. Not saying that its a bad game its just not the very best in the series....but this is just one CAG's opinion.

I tried to play it again and got through the part i was stuck in, had very little life left.But then i died and continued and it seemed to fill half my life up, so that helped me get through again. I had to fight this boss like 8 times to finally beat it, what was annoying is i had to talk to this guy each time. Seriously they couldnt continue right after the chat? lol Right now i have full health and a serum. So im really hoping i can finish this game.

Pretty good game. Story Line wasn't that great and there is way too many nods to the Silent Hill Movie towards the end. It goes downhill once the nod begins. Combat was a bit too simplistic towards the end (the knife pretty much won the game for me except the final boss) but the graphics were delicious. If they could make the next silent hill play like the old ones with the graphics I would have been more happy. With that said I think the Silent Hill 1 remake has a better chance to be worst then this.

I got it off NewEgg awhile back for $25, but wish I waited to grab it at Best Buy for $10 since it was only a few months after I bought it for $25.

[quote name='Aceboogz']I really dont like scary games but this one seems like must buy.[/QUOTE]

If you really don't like scary games in general, trust me, this is not the one to make an exception for.

This is actually a pretty easy 1000 GS for those who like achievements. Just beat it once and use the save points to get the alternate endings at decision times. Get the laser pistol from the UFO ending and just breeze through on hard with the laser pistol. I think I ran through hard in about 3 or 4 hours.

Damn it, i just passed the part where you
talked to your father in the confession booth. Im not sure if i forgave him or not, probably did,
which means i cant get the UFO ending, or laser pistol. :( I really wanted to get that too and run through the game again. Now im not even going to try. :bomb:

I have to say im starting to like the game more and more. I just hate those enemies that spit smoke out. Or when they gang up on you 2-3 on one. But otherwise when you learn their moves, you can beat them pretty easy. This game is pretty long so far, but im starting to get into the story more and more.

Well i beat the game. I got the hospital ending. Overall i thought it was a good game, not great though. What hurt it was the combat. I felt like it wasnt as crisp, too many times id get knocked down, and hit while i was down. Even on the last boss, i had maybe 4 full health kits, 8 small health kits, and i think 1 serum, i think i used almost all of them up just to beat the boss. I kept getting knocked down, and then hit again before i could get up and dodge. Seemed a bit cheap. But i cant say it was a bad game, pretty cool.

Anyone pick this up since it has dropped to $17.99?

I picked it up this morning and must say I love it. I haven't played any Silent Hill games before.

Quick question, is Homecoming similar to the Silent Hill games on the PS2? I would assume the older ones had the clunky movement, am I wrong on that?

I haven't played Homecoming (I was waiting for the price drops; I'll probably grab it soon), but yes, the movement in Silent Hill games has always been clunky.

This one isn't clunk so I would definitely pick it up if the clunkiness is holding you back.

Also, for people that have played it. In the beginning you hit save spots where you can save. I haven't seen one since I have gotten out of the hospital at the very beginning now that I am in town. A piece of paper appears at the top left corner every once in awhile. Is that autosaving the game?

[quote name='schuerm26']This one isn't clunk so I would definitely pick it up if the clunkiness is holding you back.

Also, for people that have played it. In the beginning you hit save spots where you can save. I haven't seen one since I have gotten out of the hospital at the very beginning now that I am in town. A piece of paper appears at the top left corner every once in awhile. Is that autosaving the game?[/QUOTE]

I dont think so...you have to save by those red circles. Other then that i dont think there is an auto save. But watch out, i saved once in the mayors building, at least i think it was that. I literally trapped myself in the room because whenever i opened the door after loading that save there would be two of those ink monsters that shoot ink out.

There is somewhat of a checkpoint system that they don't tell you about. For instance in the hotel I died on a particular floor and when I restarted it was at the beginning of that floor not back at the save point. Think it happened a few times.

This game is much more combat intensive than the other silent hills. There is no easy setting, you must start on normal. And normal can bedifficult. You have to learn to dodge the enemies attacks and the fights can be dragged out a little too long, especially against the needlers.

I just got the 1000/1000 out of this (my first 1000!) and have to suggest getting the UFO ending first for the laser gun. It makes hard difficulty super cheese.

I just ran around the smokers. Never were a problem really. Or just use two bullets on them.

the game is easy for me one on one with bad guys(regardless of S***ty dodge mechanics) but when theres 3. the only outcome is for me to run. sadly some parts have you use your axe to open an area or some something which leaves you open. or for example i spent an hour trying to get this health drink in this bathroom only to have 3 schism waiting for me outside the door and they somehow can open the door and trap me. i could take them out with an easy 2 shotty but i need that for the saim.

ive watched youtube vids of people playing and using an axe on saims for example. i'll never do that. i think i got three hits in in total in a 5 minute period of the saim swinging frantically, once he hits its punching bag time on you.

i ended up gltiching in the sewers when i was fighting the needlers and saved after casuing the siam not to spawn (and a needlers seem to be stuck on an upper level).

I know the dodge system is broken. when a skilled player dodges attacks but still gets hit in a certain frame of the animation you know theres no hope for people like me you just hit the button. i don't and cant pay close attention to monsters unique movements. when a monster has 3 different attacks and each attack requires a different dodge duck/roll/block it can get frustrating. sometimes i press B; still get hit.

i could have like 20 health drinks if i took each section with perfection but i find myself with 1 or 2 tops.

i want to finish it

[quote name='ChernobylCow']I just ran around the smokers. Never were a problem really. Or just use two bullets on them.[/QUOTE] no doubt, but near the hotel i had to activate the eletricity and i found one in-front of me and behind me. came out of the scrabble with like 10% health left and no drinks. i should really start back at sepulcher. but thats like 4 levels back and who wants to axe there way through all that.

[quote name='depascal22']No multiplayer means you can wait to buy it. Why not just wait until it hits $40 or less?[/QUOTE]

and how can a Silent Hill game be multiplayer

[quote name='starmask2k3']and how can a Silent Hill game be multiplayer[/QUOTE]

they've managed to make Resident Evil 5 multiplayer. anything is possible these days. whether it's good or not is another question.

This game is very much like the movie. It appropriates the aesthetic reasonably well, but it lacks any of the unique mystery and horror of the first three Team Silent games. It's not a bad game at all, even if only on the merits of whatever it inherited, but certainly don't expect anything great.

cant wait for Silent Hill 6 or 7 i forgot what number its on

bread's done
Back