Silent Hill movie news - story revealed

Richter

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
credit to studvicious of Digital Press, who found it on ComingSoon.net
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=8353

Producer Don Carmody has revealed the storyline of the upcoming movie based on Konami's psychological horror video game Silent Hill on his official website. Here is how the story is described:

A woman desperate to save her dying child finds herself trapped in an alternate reality as she searches for her daughter in a dangerous world of demons.
Rose cannot accept the knowledge that her daughter Sharon is dying of a fatal disease. Over the protests of her husband, she flees with her child, intending to take the girl to a faith healer. On the way, she ends up driving through a portal in reality, which takes her to the eerie and deserted town of Silent Hill.
Sharon disappears in Silent Hill, and Rose follows what she thinks is her daughter's silhouette all over town. It's soon clear the town is not like any place she's ever been. It's inhabited by a variety of creatures and a living darkness that descends and literally transforms everything it touches. The human inhabitants—the ones who are left—are trapped and fighting a losing battle against the Darkness.
Joined by a cop named Cybil, who has been sent to bring her and Sharon back, Rose searches for her little girl while learning the history of Silent Hill and that Sharon is just a pawn in a larger game.
To save her daughter, Sharon makes a deal with a demon in the form of a little girl, and allows the forces of darkness to take the town and destroy those who tried to destroy the demon. In the end, she saves her daughter but at a high price.

The film will be directed by Christophe Gans (Brotherhood of the Wolf) from a script by Roger Avary.

wierd...Its silent hill, with all the character roles twisted. oO Interesting, but they seem to reveal a bit too much in that synopsis.

I think that with game-to-movie adaptations they should either be faithful to the game (characters/storyline) or they should use the name and do something exciting and original (new characters/storylines). This one seems to be trying to hard to please everyone and it may backfire.

[quote name='Mafia']Why can't they just give up on video game based movies already?[/quote]

I agree, but I think a Silent Hill movie has a good chance of being good if someone plays their cards right. I play Silent Hill for the story, with the gameplay being second. I know your not a survival horror fan, or atleast of SH or RE but if u could read into the storyline sympnosis. Silent Hill is pretty fucking deep.

[quote name='Monsta Mack'][quote name='Mafia']Why can't they just give up on video game based movies already?[/quote]

I agree, but I think a Silent Hill movie has a good chance of being good if someone plays their cards right. I play Silent Hill for the story, with the gameplay being second. I know your not a survival horror fan, or atleast of SH or RE but if u could read into the storyline sympnosis. Silent Hill is pretty shaq-fuing deep.[/quote]

If you think about it, we already have the ultimate Silent Hill movie (it even inspired the game).

That movie is: JACOB'S LADDER.

Great fucking movie that can be had for $7 anywhere.

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='Monsta Mack'][quote name='Mafia']Why can't they just give up on video game based movies already?[/quote]

I agree, but I think a Silent Hill movie has a good chance of being good if someone plays their cards right. I play Silent Hill for the story, with the gameplay being second. I know your not a survival horror fan, or atleast of SH or RE but if u could read into the storyline sympnosis. Silent Hill is pretty shaq-fuing deep.[/quote]

If you think about it, we already have the ultimate Silent Hill movie (it even inspired the game).

Great shaq-fuing movie that can be had for $7 anywhere.[/quote]

I have it, and I would give it a high 8. Very close to a 9. VERY, VERY, VERY good movie. But in no way did it have all the monsters SH had, although seeing the nightmarish world and the illusions was beyond whacky. I read on IMDB that Jacob's Ladder was a huge inspiration to the Silent Hill series, I didn't believe it till I watched it... wow.

[quote name='Monsta Mack'][quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='Monsta Mack'][quote name='Mafia']Why can't they just give up on video game based movies already?[/quote]

Great shaq-fuing movie that can be had for $7 anywhere.[/quote]

I have it, and I would give it a high 8. Very close to a 9. VERY, VERY, VERY good movie. But in no way did it have all the monsters SH had, although seeing the nightmarish world and the illusions was beyond whacky. I read on IMDB that Jacob's Ladder was a huge inspiration to the Silent Hill series, I didn't believe it till I watched it... wow.[/quote]

It didn't have the all the monster's but it had the same atmosphere. It felt the same and that is something that the new movie probably won't do.

Who cares. It's gonna suck just like every other videogame movie.

They need to stop making videogame movies. period.

bread's done
Back