Silicon Knights gone.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo's losing what has allowed it to survive...its exclusive titles.

If Nintendo keeps losing its in-house groups (think Rare to Microsoft, and now this), it won't have much of a future...

i mean it was such a loss to nintendo to not have grabbed by the ghoulies on gcn /more sarcasm

nintendo always has first party, where the true games are.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']i mean it was such a loss to nintendo to not have grabbed by the ghoulies on gcn /more sarcasm

nintendo always has first party, where the true games are.[/quote]

It's hard to say what might have been, but imagine what Rare could have done with the Donkey Kong characters on the Cube...I'm pretty sure that the new Conker game and (most likely) Grabbed by the Ghoulies wouldn't have existed if Nintendo still owned Rare.

Who knows? Rare might have done great things if it hadn't been bought by Microsoft...

Geez. Why'd you have to get me all excited like that?silicon Knights silicon sucks.

edit: Rare never did great things, and they never would. That was a happy day.

[quote name='DenisDFat']Geez. Why'd you have to get me all excited like that?silicon Knights silicon sucks.

edit: Rare never did great things, and they never would. That was a happy day.[/quote]
You have problems with being positive, don't you? I think I've seen you make ONE post here that was slightly positive.

Being less negative wouldn't kill you...

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='DenisDFat']Geez. Why'd you have to get me all excited like that?silicon Knights silicon sucks.

edit: Rare never did great things, and they never would. That was a happy day.[/quote]
You have problems with being positive, don't you? I think I've seen you make ONE post here that was slightly positive.

Being less negative wouldn't kill you...[/quote]

it would probably even help yor health, cause then people plotting to kill you because of your vices wouldnt anymore.

Rare never did great things? Lest we forget...Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct, Donkey Kong Country, and all the associated sequels and spinoffs.

Normally I wouldn't point this out, but hey...300th post.

I will miss Silicon Knights as an exclusive develper for Nintendo. Hopefully, they will support one of the the next/current systems I own. I thought Eternal Darkness was great - granted, they had a LONG time to complete it. They didn't really have a chance to do something new/great with MGS:TS.

RARE started sucking with Star Fox Adventures. Were did their talent go?

I don't think Rare will do anything great either. I'm not really looking foward to the releases of Conker and Perfect Dark Zero anymore because I know they won't be as good without Nintendo looking over their shoulder.

I am however a bit sad to see Silicon Knights branch out, but you gotta do what's best for business. And to be honest I don't know if they will do as well on thier own either.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']
Who knows? Rare might have done great things if it hadn't been bought by Microsoft...[/quote]

I'm not a Microsoft fan boy by any stretch of the imagination but, Rare's crappy line up has nothing to do with MS. It has to do with all the talent being sucked out of the company before MS brought it. That is why Nintendo didn't buy it.

MS obviously thought buying it up and throwing money at it would shove quality back into the company -- they were/are wrong. Rare is crap on their own right.

fuck Goldeneye, Perfect Dark was the fuking bomb. Rare was a good company, and i hope Nintendo's loss of both Rare and Silicon Knights doesn't lead to its failure.

Every game that Rare is currently making for Microsoft started off as a Nintendo game. The fact that they have yet to finish the update of Conker, an N64 game, makes me believe Nintendo was right in passing them by. Silicon Knights also was pretty slow in delivery. This is not a death knell for Nintendo. SK games will most likely still appear on the GameCube as well as PS2 and Xbox, unless Sony and Microsoft throw fistfuls of money for exclusives, but Nintendo is free to do the same.

As much as I like the Big N, with MS and Sony not going anywhere anytime soon, I almost wouldn't mind seeing Nintendo phase out and become a developer and just working with the handheld side of things. Keeping up with 3 systems just sucks.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Nintendo needs to do something quick. NOA is shaq-fu things up really badly[/quote]

Personally I think not. They have new leadership and its showing. Give them some time you cant make cahges from day one thigns take a while to get done.

Check this link on Nintendo and where its headed:

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/505/505234p1.html?fromint=1

30 games to debut with the DS? Thats unheard of witha new Nintendo System.
The GBA SP!

I am not goign to get into it much but things are changing. They have a lot of big titles scheduled this year. They blew away sales last christmas. I have yet to see any great stories from xboxes recent price drop (even though I havent looked)

They have some great games coming and there has been talk of 3d games etc. Even on a link I posted a few months back Pokemon was listed as a tried and working 3d game.

They are coming back its just going to take some time to get the hype built back up.

[quote name='Snake2715']
I am not goign to get into it much but things are changing. They have a lot of big titles scheduled this year. They blew away sales last christmas. I have yet to see any great stories from xboxes recent price drop (even though I havent looked)[/quote]

If there was something to hear, you would have heard. Sales have "doubled", but that's only a whisper. It's been weeks.

All this is actually a Sanity Effect advertising campaign for Eternall Darkness 2, which is GCN exclusive, naturally.

[quote name='Ginkei']All this is actually a Sanity Effect advertising campaign for Eternall Darkness 2, which is GCN exclusive, naturally.[/quote]

That is what I heard too. The times the articles were posted was at 3:33PM. also the news came out 33 days til E3. I heard the number 3 is in ED a lot so people are saying it is a gag. I guess we have all been punk'd.

lol 333 is half of 666 lol omf so deep and meaningful silicon knights, what wood i doo withooout you to be so smart and mature for me so my friends think i have large popo.?

Buisnesses are not supposed to release false information to the public. Lying to stockholders is seriously not a good idea, as a company can get in major trouble for it(remember the whole Enron thing).
Even if SK is not traded publicly and this is just a publicity stunt, they are still a part of Nintendo, and Nintendo could get into trouble.

[quote name='italianstallion']"yeah rare was such a huge loss /sarcasm "

When perfect dark zero comes there wont be much to laugh about.[/quote]

it was supposed to come out forever ago

Read some of the articles about how Rare is run. The Stamper Bros. need to get things back on track as they are losing everyone's respect (although Sabre Wulf is supposed to be an amazing GBA game)

[quote name='DenisDFat']Rare never had talent to begin with.

DKC was the best of the bunch listed, and it was extremely average[/quote]

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but I (along with many others) think you are an idiot.

[quote name='Rig'][quote name='DenisDFat']Rare never had talent to begin with.

DKC was the best of the bunch listed, and it was extremely average[/quote]

Everyone's entitled to their opinion but I (along with many others) think you are an idiot.[/quote]

Such a witty retort, and only 4 1/2 months late. :lol:

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='italianstallion']"yeah rare was such a huge loss /sarcasm "

When perfect dark zero comes there wont be much to laugh about.[/quote]

it was supposed to come out forever ago

Read some of the articles about how Rare is run. The Stamper Bros. need to get things back on track as they are losing everyone's respect (although Sabre Wulf is supposed to be an amazing GBA game)[/quote]

I think Rare just needs a little more timr to get the show on the road.

I thought they were gone forever. glad I read the article eternal darkness was and is awesome game. I would like to see them make some more games in the future.

Everyone who was good at Rare left. Perfect Dark 0 is going to suck bad because the whole development team that made GoldenEye and Perfect Dark are long gone and making Timesplitter games. Anyone who thinks MS is going to pull a 'A' title out of that big pile of crap are kidding them selves. Its time to move on, Rare SUCKS. Nintendo was very smart in selling off that money pit to MS.

As for SK, as much as I hate to see them go multi-console its for the best. When a studio like them only makes 2 games a generation they really need to hit as many systems as they can other wise they will go under.

[quote name='alongx']Why the fuck was a year old topic bumped?[/QUOTE]
Good question.
I read the entire first page of this topic and remembered that my post was about businesses not giving out false info before I read my post. I guess my memory is a lot better then I thought it was.

Its not second parties that Nintendo needs. Its third parties. I have seen NO REVIEWS in this months issue of Game Informer for Gamecube while glancing over it in the store. There just aren't any games worth mentioning coming out lately. I mean we have a few like Killer 7, but we got jipped when it comes to 3rd party games. There is no Lego star wars or Episode 3 games. If it wasn't for games like Zelda, pokemon, geist, etc. there wouldn't even be as much coverage by the media. I like Nintendo, but they can only do so much by themselves, they need third parties. And not just letting third parties ruin their franchises (I'm looking ar you Namco) or using their characters(EA); they only get screwed by these same companies they lend franchises to like Namco(star fox) and Capcom(zelda minish cap) which decide not to release their games on the cube but on another system.

Thats not to say that third parties aren't to blame. Most of them suck monkey bannanas, and many had little or no expectation for the Gamecube to suceed in the first place.
They could have made games with online support, and Nintendo could have made the online adapters more readily available. But since none of that happened we are stuck facing a constant droughts of third party support.

I'd like to think that Nintendo would stop being stupid when it comes to what the consumer wants and fix things next time around with Revolution, but I have my doubts as to whether or not the third parties and the media will give them support; which without it will just be another gamecube scenario all over again. We are already seeing some third parties moving from Gameboy over to PSP. They will of copurse continue to support the gameboy as long as it is profitable, but just like with gamecube eventually it won't be worth their time.

To get back on topic (now that I have made a complete @$$ of myself), I do believe that Silicon Knights will make at least one game for Nintendo's system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back