Silly Tech Question (VGA)

INMATEofARKHAM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
228 (100%)
This is more weird than anything for me as everything will still do want I need/want it to do but as I said... it is quite weird.

I have two 360, one was manufactured in 2007 without HDMI the other later with HDMI and both will display properly when hooked up to a 25 LCD computer monitor with the VGA cable. (Nothing weird there.)

Now, my new HDTV has a VGA port on it and since I've been 'hard at work' trying to finish off the puzzle quest achievements and the wife's 360 (aka old one with no HDMI port) has the DLC on it that I would like play ( without buying them myself) I figured I would hook it up via the VGA port instead of going blind trying to play on an old SDTV...

All good so far except...

That the new HDTV doesn't want to display the old 360 via VGA... Yet it will display the new HDMI enabled 360 via VGA port. I am literally just turning off system(s) and swapping the cable on the 360 end.

I've tried numerous times... and each time the result is the same.

So anyone got any ideas what is going on here...? :lol:

Check what resolution the xboxs are set to output at. I think the old xbox may be set to output at a resolution that your TV can't handle. Look online for the button combination to reset the output settings.

[quote name='Soy Bob']Check what resolution the xboxs are set to output at. I think the old xbox may be set to output at a resolution that your TV can't handle. Look online for the button combination to reset the output settings.[/QUOTE]

Possible but the old 360 boots up on the 1080p monitor just fine...

(Hmm, I wonder if that's the issue. I wonder if my HMTV didn't see the old 360 since it just came off of an SDTV.)

HDTV saw no signal and the 360 registered no errors.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM'](Hmm, I wonder if that's the issue. I wonder if my HMTV didn't see the old 360 since it just came off of an SDTV.)[/QUOTE]

Very possible. Definitely try switching the resolution.

bread's done
Back