Silver 360 Controller (changeable dpad) $44.99 Walmart

I suggest you change your title to indicate this is a controller BUNDLE, not just a controller. It's the inclusion of the Play and Charge kit that makes this a deal. Although personally I don't care for Play and Charge since mine died after a short period of time, while I find using rechargeable AAs both cheap and reliable.

[quote name='gantt']I suggest you change your title to indicate this is a controller BUNDLE, not just a controller. It's the inclusion of the Play and Charge kit that makes this a deal. Although personally I don't care for Play and Charge since mine died after a short period of time, while I find using rechargeable AAs both cheap and reliable.[/QUOTE]

The silver 360 controller, the one with the adjustable D-Pad, only comes with the charger kit.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']The silver 360 controller, the one with the adjustable D-Pad, only comes with the charger kit.[/QUOTE]

So I learned when I researched it. Not everyone knows that. Only reason I bothered with the thread is to find out more about the new d-pad. Unfortunately, it looks like the reviews are mixed.

[quote name='gantt']So I learned when I researched it. Not everyone knows that. Only reason I bothered with the thread is to find out more about the new d-pad. Unfortunately, it looks like the reviews are mixed.[/QUOTE]

Still better than the older BS d-pad. Personally I'm holding out for them to release a black version of the new controller. All my stuff is black, you know...

I never use the transforming dpad (I leave it in the stock position), it was kinda cool for a minute. What I do like though is a actual working dpad!

[quote name='dudejeff22']Still better than the older BS d-pad. Personally I'm holding out for them to release a black version of the new controller. All my stuff is black, you know...[/QUOTE]

Hah, me too. I told myself I bought an Elite for the hard drive and HDMI, but... And I did a good job of avoiding the Wii for years, and then they had to come out with a black one... But not a fan of the glossy black trend.

I personally found the dpad to be vastly superior to the old dpad and find myself using it constantly. It is easily one of the best dpads ever made. I don't want to oversell it but it is very very good. I think I still like the PS3 dpad better but this as good as it gets for the xbox.

[quote name='gantt']. But not a fan of the glossy black trend.[/QUOTE]
Thats why I bought a 4gb 360 slim and popped in a 250gb harddrive. The dang shiny stuff just cries for dust and fingerprints.
In for 1 silver controller and a can of flat black paint.

[quote name='Envel']Alternatively, it is the same price at Newegg.com

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=silver_360_controller-_-74-103-215-_-Product

I bought one of these and it looks awesome but the left trigger was squeaky out of the box so I sent it back.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting, I had bought one off WM.com but this saves 2 and a half bucks plus a trip to Wal-Mart. Only crappy thing is I can't cancel my order now so I'll have to wait for them to refund it eventually.

Functionally, I wonder how this pad compares to that limited edition light green 360 controller that came out in Europe a while back (it had an enhanced 16-way pad, compared to the standard 8-way)... Doubt that many people imported it because of cost.

[quote name='guardkitty']It says out of stock online, is this the price in store?[/QUOTE]
Nope, its your standard 54.96 in store.

That is one sexy controller.

I like the 360 controller more than the dual shock (the 360's just fits my hands better). Was never a big fan of the dual shock's d-pad (can't play any fighting games on that pad without my thumb aching).

Oh nice, I picked this up last week because I needed a new controller and battery pack - I didn't realize it was one of the redesigned ones. Should be showing up today... I'm looking forward to trying it out. Any other differences aside from the d-pad and glossy look?

[quote name='DurbanBrown']Should honor online price in store right? it is walmart[/QUOTE]
Walmart never honors its online prices

[quote name='brkptr']Oh nice, I picked this up last week because I needed a new controller and battery pack - I didn't realize it was one of the redesigned ones. Should be showing up today... I'm looking forward to trying it out. Any other differences aside from the d-pad and glossy look?[/QUOTE]The thumb sticks have a slightly deeper pit in them

bread's done
Back