Silver PS2 - worth a five day wait?

jaso

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
I'm thinking about re-purchasing a PS2 and was wondering what you guys thought about limited edition consoles - redesigns. I wanted to go pick up a PSTwo today along with Shadow of the Colossus and Subsistence (I traded my old system in for a DS Lite), but then I saw they're shipping a silver redesign next week.

What would you guys do? Wait a few days for the silver? Or could you care less about color choices?

It's a complete aesthetic choice. Personally I'd still prefer black. Think about the original DS, it came in a silver-like Titanium. What color did almost everyone want? Black. Otherwise, I'd get whichever was cheaper.

That being said I still prefer the old fat PS2 due to its ability to hold a hard drive.

[quote name='espy605']It's a complete aesthetic choice. Personally I'd still prefer black. Think about the original DS, it came in a silver-like Titanium. What color did almost everyone want? Black. Otherwise, I'd get whichever was cheaper.

That being said I still prefer the old fat PS2 due to its ability to hold a hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Good point. I'm going black today. Of all the systems out right now, believe it or not, the PS2 is impressing me most. Okami and FFXII ... enough said.

I'd believe it because the PS2 still has the strongest support from Japanese developers as well as the largest user base.

That being said, I still want to play Oblivion.

Ya PS2 is still VERY impressive. Heck I can't believe I had only a GC for so many years (since launch). Theres more titles out now that I'm excited about than there were for the GC in its entire lifespan.

Oh and I'd go Black cause I think it looks nicer...although it does collect dust pretty easily.

Ya PS2 is still VERY impressive. Heck I can't believe I had only a GC for so many years (since launch). Theres more titles out now that I'm excited about than there were for the GC in its entire lifespan.

Nintendo makes very good games, but they're still just one company. Other than Capcom's Resident Evils, they don't have strong third party support. You buy a GC to play Nintendo games. You buy a PS2 to play everyone else's.

Yep...true to that. Only games I REALLY enjoyed, Nintendo had something to do with. Oh well now I get to enjoy all the PS2 titles for cheap at my own pace, so I don;t mind. Beats freaking paying 1000 Canadian for a PS3 and a game.

Just a heads up, I called around to a couple different Gamestops and EB Games stores today, and they said the silver PS2 launch has been delayed by Sony and they don't expect to have the systems in stock until early next week. Buy.com apparently has them in stock, though, and with the $10 Google checkout coupon and no tax it comes out to a fairly decent deal even with the shipping. Don't know whether I'm going to jump on that or wait or just buy a black one...thanks to CAG I've got a huge stack of unplayed PS2 games that I'm eager to jump into.

[quote name='Spades22']Yep...true to that. Only games I REALLY enjoyed, Nintendo had something to do with. Oh well now I get to enjoy all the PS2 titles for cheap at my own pace, so I don;t mind. Beats freaking paying 1000 Canadian for a PS3 and a game.[/quote]
I agree with you there. I had only a cube for the past 4 years, and while it was good, I didn't know what I was missing with the PS2. I just bought it this past March thanks to a CAG deal and it has quickly taken over my time since. My poor cube has been waiting to get some play time in the past 3 months. I've been enjoying Kingdom Hearts I & II, Guitar Hero, and Burnout Revenge too much.

I like the silver PS2 but the controllers will probably have the paint peel off (anyone with a silver kb/mouse knows). Plus none of the memory cards match the silver PS2 so aesthetically it isn't as pleasing as the regular.

[quote name='BIG5']PS2 has been out 5 years, what's 5 more days?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Besides, it might look really nice in person. If there's a way to physically see it in a couple days, why not wait?

The controller will be silver as well, right? So, does Sony make a second silver controller for purchase separatelY? Otherwise, it would suck to have a non-sliver second controller just to play 2-player games!

Why does it even matter? You should be using the logitech wireless controllers. :D

[quote name='eau']The controller will be silver as well, right? So, does Sony make a second silver controller for purchase separatelY? Otherwise, it would suck to have a non-sliver second controller just to play 2-player games![/quote]

I'm sure they'll make individual silver controllers as well. There are a ton of them on eBay from sellers in Japan (where they already have the silver PS2) so I think we'll be able to get them here, too. GameCube initially did their platinum console as a limited edition, and it's not hard to find platinum controllers for that. They even made a platinum Wavebird.

Regardless, I'll be picking up a Logitech wireless. I love my Wavebird and really don't see myself using the wired PS2 controller for long.

[quote name='eau']The controller will be silver as well, right? So, does Sony make a second silver controller for purchase separatelY? Otherwise, it would suck to have a non-sliver second controller just to play 2-player games![/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']Why does it even matter? You should be using the logitech wireless controllers. :D[/quote]
True. I love my Logitech's :D

bread's done
Back