Silver Transforming D-pad Controller Plug and Play Kit - $38.24 www.buy.com

Ironically, the transforming D-pad broke on my controller last night after a month of SCV... D-pad just separated from rest of controller. M$ really can't make any hardware that lasts...

Battery that came with mine doesn't connect very well, so it's of little use. Plus it didn't come with a AA battery case for the new Eneloops I bought.
double-facepalm.jpg

That's strange, mine definitely came with the standard battery case in addition to the plug and charge kit. This is as good as it gets, price-wise, for this bundle.

I purchased this when it first came out and haven't had any issues and I use it an hour or two each day usually. I like the texture of the controller more than the standard black ones, although find myself not using the D-pad much at all ;)

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']That's strange, mine definitely came with the standard battery case in addition to the plug and charge kit. This is as good as it gets, price-wise, for this bundle.[/QUOTE]

Both of mine also came with the battery cases. Haven't had any problems with mine, I love them!

Mine also came with the battery holder. I love the controller except for the color, and lack of color in the buttons. MS should just make this the defacto model and release it in black, white, and all their other colors.

[quote name='Y2Bogus']Mine also came with the battery holder. I love the controller except for the color, and lack of color in the buttons. MS should just make this the defacto model and release it in black, white, and all their other colors.[/QUOTE]

If everyone else got one, then I obviously lost mine. My double facepalm fail still applies. I suck.

I've been looking to replace my analog drifting black controller. What is it about the d-pads that causes them to break (besides bad design)? Does it happen when you rotate it? Are the analog sticks any better on the silver version?

[quote name='captpluto9465']I've been looking to replace my analog drifting black controller. What is it about the d-pads that causes them to break (besides bad design)? Does it happen when you rotate it? Are the analog sticks any better on the silver version?[/QUOTE]

I haven't had an issue with the D-pad, but it probably gets worn out if you "transform" it often.

The analog sticks are the same size / tension, but instead of the 4 little black nubs, it has a groove. The controller also feels... smoother? in your hand than the normal ones :) The XYBA buttons are shades of gray.

bread's done
Back