Silver XBL users must now wait a week for new content

[quote name='Sporadic']Microsoft has no responsibility to give you anything[/QUOTE]:roll:

You seriously have no clue.

[quote name='Sporadic']And you get the patch so stop bitching.

Microsoft has no responsibility to give you anything and if they want to wait 7 days or 2 years to give you free extra content, you have no right to complain because you are still getting extra content for free.[/QUOTE]
Patch and paid content are different, as patch is to fix something the developer made. We should be bitching because it is a legit concern on a service being downgrade. Take Bioshock for example. You think 2k games is getting any money from your monthly fee? We both paid for the same game here, but MS decide to punish us because we dont play games online. Makes zero sense.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Its less than 50 bucks.. places have sales on the damn year cards every week.. Jeez[/QUOTE]
Like people have said before, if we dont play online it make no sense to get gold, no matter how much it cost.

[quote name='62t']Like people have said before, if we dont play online it make no sense to get gold, no matter how much it cost.[/QUOTE]
Well, it USED to make no sense to get gold for you guys. But now that Microsoft is shittifying silver....

[quote name='PyroGamer']Bunch of retarded babble.[/quote]
Quit bitching, put up your 4.25 a month, and shut up.

Also, lose the imitation WhipSmartBanky avatar.

[quote name='PyroGamer']But why the fuck should I be happy that they DETRACT from their own service in order to force users to buy Gold, while repeatedly claiming in their PR bullshit that the only difference between Gold and Silver is online play?[/quote]
The update has only been out for a day, where did they say yesterday that ''online play'' was the only difference?

That's stupid that they're starting this policy now and not back when the 360 launched. I'm still waiting for 1680x1050 support and multi-person private chat.

[quote name='mykevermin']I think the basis of peoples' ire here has to do with the fact that something was taken away from Silver users in order to add more legitimacy to the Gold fees. Wouldn't you, as a Gold member, prefer something be added to make Gold more worth your while?[/QUOTE]

No, I don't really care.

I paid my $50 to play online. As long as I get to play online with voice/video chat and standard names across all games, then I'm as sound as a pound man.

[quote name='62t']Patch and paid content are different, as patch is to fix something the developer made. We should be bitching because it is a legit concern on a service being downgrade. Take Bioshock for example. You think 2k games is getting any money from your monthly fee? We both paid for the same game here, but MS decide to punish us because we dont play games online. Makes zero sense.[/QUOTE]

Who's covering the bandwidth cost?

I doubt 2K games is paying money to put up free content for you.

[quote name='TFN']Quit bitching, put up your 4.25 a month, and shut up.[/quote]Assuming you have sigs turned off and can't see my Gold XBL tag in my sig, exert the 0.00000001 calories of energy it takes to click my XBL tag under my avatar.

I've happily paid for Xbox live for the past five years, you presumptuous jackass.

I don't understand why people are so worked up over this. Its the same people who throw us 10 dollar map packs, but then down the road give' em out for free.. what is so different about this?[quote name='PyroGamer']Assuming you have sigs turned off and can't see my Gold XBL tag in my sig, exert the 0.00000001 calories of energy it takes to click my XBL tag under my avatar.

I've happily paid for Xbox live for the past five years, you presumptuous jackass.[/quote]
:rofl: Easy there, pal.

I'm not the one getting worked up and typing up essays bitching over something that has NOTHING AT ALL to do with me.

If you've been paying for Xbox Live back on the OG Xbox, why the fuck are you bitching about any features being removed/added now? You were paying 50 bucks for NOTHING but online play and a couple of shitty arcade titles. :roll:

[quote name='TFN']I'm not the one getting worked up and typing up essays bitching over something that has NOTHING AT ALL to do with me.[/QUOTE]
It's called an internet forum. If you're not interested in discussing videogames and videogame companies, then GTFO.

And don't give me a fucking "easy there pal" after telling me to "quit your bitching" "shut up" and quoting my post as "Bunch of retarted babble."

"Easy there pal"? How about "bite me, asshole."

[quote name='TFN']If you've been paying for Xbox Live back on the OG Xbox, why the fuck are you bitching about any features being removed/added now? You were paying 50 bucks for NOTHING but online play and a couple of shitty arcade titles. :roll:[/QUOTE]
I'm not. I'm trying to convince Corvin that a removal of features from silver =/= an improvement to gold.

My first post in this thread was "You could, you know, buy Gold". All other posts have been replies to Corvin. None of them have concerned YOU in the slightest.

Honestly I didn't even really give a fuck about this to begin with, it just amazed me that Corvin considered REMOVING FEATURES from Silver as an IMPROVEMENT to Gold. Why I didn't realize he was fucking insane at that point and ignore it, I know not. I regret going any further with him.

I'm done with this thread.

[quote name='Sporadic']No, I don't really care.

I paid my $50 to play online. As long as I get to play online with voice/video chat and standard names across all games, then I'm as sound as a pound man.[/quote]

If it's all about paying online, then, you shouldn't be concerned with...oh, I don't know...

[quote name='you']Who's covering the bandwidth cost?

I doubt 2K games is paying money to put up free content for you.[/QUOTE]

That.

I'm shocked that this thread is causing such a ruckus...this was announced over a year ago, here's proof:

Demo: Crackdown
The following demo is now available on the Xbox Live Marketplace for Xbox Live Gold* members:

Name
: Crackdown Playable Demo
Price: Free
NOT Available in: Germany and Japan
Dash Details: [ESRB: M (MATURE) Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Sexual Themes, Strong Language, Use of Drugs] It's time to clean up the streets. It's time for a Crackdown. Download the Crackdown demo today - featuring both single player and online cooperative play.
More details on the demo from Xbox.com

This content will be available to Silver members in one week.
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 10:04 AM by Major Nelson | with 298 comment(s) |
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-on.gif
star-right-on.gif
star-left-off.gif
star-right-off.gif
Filed under: Marketplace, Demo
http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/01/23/demo-crackdown.aspx
Seriously people, take a chill pill, its free and you get it, a week later, patches/updates show up for everyone at the same time.

[quote name='PyroGamer']-insert stupidity here-[/quote] :rofl: Take your own advice, :baby:. It's an internet forum. Don't get so worked up over some kid disagreeing with you. I call it like I see it and that 2,000 word essay over 'Why Microsoft fucked Silver Accounts' is indeed a bunch of retarded babble. None of your posts had anything to do with me, indeed, so why not PM him and be a :baby: about it privately instead of having all of CAG being able to read it?

What do you mean ''I'm done w/ this thread''? As if you ever had anything to contribute to it besides being a :baby: about things having nothing to do with ya? I'm sure you'll be missed here, Pyro.

[quote name='mykevermin']If it's all about paying online, then, you shouldn't be concerned with...oh, I don't know...[/QUOTE]

What?

You wonder why I usually ignore you.

[quote name='mykevermin']Wouldn't you, as a Gold member, prefer something be added to make Gold more worth your while?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sporadic']No, I don't really care.

I paid my $50 to play online. As long as I get to play online with voice/video chat and standard names across all games, then I'm as sound as a pound man.[/QUOTE]

What does any of that have to do with me giving Microsoft's point of view on why they would do this and why he isn't entitled to anything?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm shocked that this thread is causing such a ruckus...this was announced over a year ago, [/QUOTE]
I do remember that, but the difference is that the are enforcing it.

[quote name='Sporadic']What does any of that have to do with me giving Microsoft's point of view on why they would do this and why he isn't entitled to anything?[/QUOTE]
Who the hell brought up entitlement?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm shocked that this thread is causing such a ruckus...this was announced over a year ago, here's proof:

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/01/23/demo-crackdown.aspx
Seriously people, take a chill pill, its free and you get it, a week later, patches/updates show up for everyone at the same time.[/quote]
January 23 of this year is over a year ago?

That says it only applies to Crackdown, not the entire marketplace.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']January 23 of this year is over a year ago?

That says it only applies to Crackdown, not the entire marketplace.[/QUOTE]

It's applied to several other things over the course of the past year as well. He was pointing out that this change isn't anything new. It wasn't like Microsoft was handing out everything free for everyone since the beginning and decided to change it on a whim. It was something that was set in place, never angered people before, but when it falls on the heels of piss poor handling of an update...a shit storm ensues.

Until this change actually hurts potential sales, nothing will happen. Namco doesn't care if you have to wait an extra to see if you actually want to buy Culdie Saga, which may or may not arrive in 2 to 3 months.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']January 23 of this year is over a year ago?

That says it only applies to Crackdown, not the entire marketplace.[/quote]

That's the first instance I remember, I could have sworn there was other stuff before it, that's why I said over a year ago...still regardless, everyone seems shocked, like MS slapped all the Silver Members faces and this came out of nowhere.

[quote name='terribledeli']It's applied to several other things over the course of the past year as well. He was pointing out that this change isn't anything new. It wasn't like Microsoft was handing out everything free for everyone since the beginning and decided to change it on a whim. It was something that was set in place, never angered people before, but when it falls on the heels of piss poor handling of an update...a shit storm ensues.

Until this change actually hurts potential sales, nothing will happen. Namco doesn't care if you have to wait an extra to see if you actually want to buy Culdie Saga, which may or may not arrive in 2 to 3 months.[/quote]
I'm not saying it's completely new, but doing it to the occasional thing and then the entire offering is a big difference.

Yes, it's a stupid way to make gold look better without improving anything. Taking away from silver isn't an improvement to gold. It seems like a perfectly legitimate thing to bring up. It's apparently not new, but dumb just the same.

It would make more sense to make something free to gold that costs something to silver, but the goal here is to make gold look better without actually costing MS anything.

[quote name='Sporadic']What?

You wonder why I usually ignore you.[/quote]

Don't flatter yourself, darlin'. Aren't you the same Sporadic who gets a clammy in yer pants if I don't respond to each and every one of your posts in the HD/BR thread or the wrestling thread (though moreso the former)?

What does any of that have to do with me giving Microsoft's point of view on why they would do this and why he isn't entitled to anything?

Well, people do buy consoles based upon expectations they have at the time of purchase. With the 360, there is the expectation that it plays games made for it, plays a good number of games from the Xbox, and all that other good shit that I don't have time to discuss.

In short, buying a console is contingent upon an implicit agreement that you get what you pay for, no? And if that suddenly changes at the whim of the provider, that's good...except when it includes things that aren't wanted (from the mildly obtrusive unskippable commercials in store-bought DVDs to the wholly sinister rootkits), or when some services are taken away (when online servers shut down on older games, for one weak example).

Consumers expectations, here at least (where people are more knowledgeable about what the 360 provides), are higher than elsewhere. Those who get silver understood certain limitations of it, but found it suitable. As people who bought a 360, it's not as if it is a "free" service. It still provides revenue to MS and its content providers through purchasable DLC. Now, however, the aforementioned agreement that "if I buy this, you provide this" has been broken.

There's no good way to spin it, I'm afraid, unless you're a mark and an unabashed Microsoft apologist. It's not the end of the world, and it could certainly be worse. But it's also absurd to take "it could be worse" to the degree of thinking there's nothing to be upset about.

[quote name='Sporadic']Jesus, when was this forum flooded by hysterical babies?

Every day there's more and more "fuck M$" threads and every time I read the thread, it's always an overreaction.

OMG M$ WON'T LET IS DELAYING ME FROM DOWNLOADING FREE EXTRA CONTENT FOR A WEEK!!1!1!
Big deal you still get the patch.

OMG M$ IS ADdING VIDEO ADS WITH SOUND AHHHHHH WHAT AM I ARE PAYING FOR!!1!1!
Big deal, they also added a mute ads setting.

OMG M$ WONT ALLOW MY GAMERTAG TO BE MRPIMPSLAP69 WITH A MOTTO OF CURRENTLY PIMPSLAPIN' YOUR MOM AND THEY ARE MAKING ME CHANGE IT WTF!!!!
Big deal, Call Of Duty 4 won't let you name a clan (WOMB) and there are a ton of places that won't allow me to use SporadicK when Sporadic is already in use.

OMG M$ IS PUTTING UP DISC IMAGES FOR MONIES ON XBOX LIVE BC IS A THING OF THE PAST BAHLAKHJALKAHALKJ!?!?!?!
:drool:

And those four examples are only from the past 4 days.[/QUOTE]

All that shit does start to add up at some point...

Although I don't particularly care about any of it...

[quote name='mykevermin']Don't flatter yourself, darlin'. Aren't you the same Sporadic who gets a clammy in yer pants if I don't respond to each and every one of your posts in the HD/BR thread or the wrestling thread (though moreso the former)?[/QUOTE]

No, I'm the same Sporadic who gets clammy when I write 2+ paragraphs on something and then see you whittled it down to one sentence on which you comment (after which you run around like you just nailed a grand slam that won the World Series) while completely ignoring the rest.

Really, from now on, if you never want to comment on any of my post, feel free not too.

[quote name='mykevermin']Well, people do buy consoles based upon expectations they have at the time of purchase. With the 360, there is the expectation that it plays games made for it, plays a good number of games from the Xbox, and all that other good shit that I don't have time to discuss.

In short, buying a console is contingent upon an implicit agreement that you get what you pay for, no? And if that suddenly changes at the whim of the provider, that's good...except when it includes things that aren't wanted (from the mildly obtrusive unskippable commercials in store-bought DVDs to the wholly sinister rootkits), or when some services are taken away (when online servers shut down on older games, for one weak example).

Consumers expectations, here at least (where people are more knowledgeable about what the 360 provides), are higher than elsewhere. Those who get silver understood certain limitations of it, but found it suitable. As people who bought a 360, it's not as if it is a "free" service. It still provides revenue to MS and its content providers through purchasable DLC. Now, however, the aforementioned agreement that "if I buy this, you provide this" has been broken.

There's no good way to spin it, I'm afraid, unless you're a mark and an unabashed Microsoft apologist. It's not the end of the world, and it could certainly be worse. But it's also absurd to take "it could be worse" to the degree of thinking there's nothing to be upset about.
[/QUOTE]

What the fuck are you rambling on about?

Last time I checked if you don't download this free optional additional content, it won't nuke your copy of Bioshock for 7 days.

You bought the console and you bought the game. You get to play Bioshock and you get the patch that fixes shit, that doesn't mean that it's your god given right to get free optional additional content at the same time as paying customers.

It isn't absurd to not get upset over something that any reasonable person wouldn't get upset about in the first place.

[quote name='Sporadic']No, I'm the same Sporadic who gets clammy when I write 2+ paragraphs on something and then see you whittled it down to one sentence on which you comment (after which you run around like you just nailed a grand slam that won the World Series) while completely ignoring the rest.

Really, from now on, if you never want to comment on any of my post, feel free not too.[/quote]

:lol: As long as we've established that you weren't being honest when you claimed that you mostly ignore me. ;)

What the fuck are you rambling on about?

Last time I checked if you don't download this free optional additional content, it won't nuke your copy of Bioshock for 7 days.

You bought the console and you bought the game. You get to play Bioshock and you get the patch that fixes shit, that doesn't mean that it's your god given right to get free optional additional content at the same time as paying customers.

It isn't absurd to not get upset over something that any reasonable person wouldn't get upset about in the first place.

Yes, yes. That's delightful. What you've failed to address, and the major point of contention here, is that the *expectation* has changed. That's what causes the animosity of some folks here. The service has changed. It wasn't a "god given right" :)roll: for freedom), but it has been *THE* standard for XBL for two years running. There is no good reason to change the service, outside of the incredibly, incredibly modest gains in revenue from the several hundred people who will buy Gold to get downloads available on day one.

If I were a silver account owner, I'd still have the console and the software...how does that eliminate one from "paying customer" status? :whistle2:s

Nevertheless, the point here is that MS clearly wants to increase the number of Gold members, and this is the result of focus grouping the shit out of people. If everyone acted like you, they'd have cut off all free downloads to silver members, because there's never anything to complain about, minor or major, in your version of Xbox-land.

I'm sure you don't see the larger picture here, but it's because you clearly can't see outside of your own narrow view on things. I can at least appreciate where you're coming from (it is, ultimately, a minor thing), but it is a minor thing that is worth getting bent out of shape over.

I don't know what's up with this widescreen patch, but OP I wouldn't worry b/c I played through Bioshock on my HDTV and didn't know there was a patch on the way... what exactly is it for? It looked fine on my tv..

*sigh* This thread stopped being relevant two pages ago. I really don't see this as a monstrous deal - the reason why you pay for XBL Gold is because it's a "premium" service.

With any premium service, compared to a free service, there are perks for throwing down money. It would be one thing if MS wasn't offering the DLC to silver members at all, but I think having to wait one week is acceptable. But then again, I have a gold account.

[quote name='mykevermin']but it has been *THE* standard for XBL for two years running. [/QUOTE]

Except for the Crackdown demo earlier this year and other content.

:bouncy: WHOO I PULLED A MYKE! HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE RAPED BY MY SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE WHOO :bouncy:

[quote name='mykevermin']:lol: As long as we've established that you weren't being honest when you claimed that you mostly ignore me. ;) [/QUOTE]

I only respond when you quote me. Why? Because if I let your bullshit stand uncontested, you seem to think in your mind that my silence makes you right.

I'm hoping that if I mix in enough backhanded comments, you'll get the point.

[quote name='mykevermin']If I were a silver account owner, I'd still have the console and the software...how does that eliminate one from "paying customer" status? :whistle2:s
[/QUOTE]

Where are you getting the free content from? Xbox Live! Therefore if you are a silver member, you are not a paying customer.

You paid for the console and the game. If the console blew up or the game didn't work or they withheld the patch that fixes stuff with no other way to get it, then you could be mad at them.

Getting mad at them for not providing you with free optional content at the same time as paying, premium members is stupid. Plain and simple, forever and ever. Anything you post won't change that.

So wait the week. What's the big deal? If you want it now then get a Live Gold account and play online too. I mean, that's the whole point of Xbox Live.

[quote name='Sporadic']*edited mincing prat-talk*[/quote]

You will never, ever be as good at backhanded slander as I am. You will, however, be quite superior to me in growing a scraggly beard. I'll concede you that victory.

Where are you getting the free content from? Xbox Live! Therefore if you are a silver member, you are not a paying customer.

You paid for the console and the game. If the console blew up or the game didn't work or they withheld the patch that fixes stuff with no other way to get it, then you could be mad at them.

Getting mad at them for not providing you with free optional content at the same time as paying, premium members is stupid. Plain and simple, forever and ever. Anything you post won't change that.

Ah, the old "if I state opinion as fact, it will be uncontestable" approach. You can't even recognize that XBL is not wholly separable from the console itself, let alone the recognition of this foolhardy notion that *depriving* paying customers of the silver variety (they're still paying, toots) is a detriment to gamers, and a psychologically backwards way of gaining more Gold members.

Let me phrase the question to you this way: why is it good that Microsoft is moving in this direction...for you, personally, as a gamer? For other gamers? For gold members? For silver members? What are the reasons for this maneuver?

This is not a plus for Sony supporters, because Sony is so lazy about putting new content in their store. At least silver members will get the content after a week. PS3 owners can only dream about the vast amount of content on Xbox live.

[quote name='RudyPants']*sigh* This thread stopped being relevant two pages ago. I really don't see this as a monstrous deal - the reason why you pay for XBL Gold is because it's a "premium" service.

With any premium service, compared to a free service, there are perks for throwing down money. It would be one thing if MS wasn't offering the DLC to silver members at all, but I think having to wait one week is acceptable. But then again, I have a gold account.[/QUOTE]
The gold member's service isnt getting any better by MS taking function away from the silver member.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']So wait the week. What's the big deal? If you want it now then get a Live Gold account and play online too. I mean, that's the whole point of Xbox Live.[/QUOTE]
For those of us who don't play online it would make even less sense to get Gold just to get content a week early.

[quote name='mykevermin']You will never, ever be as good at backhanded slander as I am. You will, however, be quite superior to me in growing a scraggly beard. I'll concede you that victory.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, love how you have to stoop to making fun of a person's appearance.

What's next? You gonna call me four-eyes?

Or even better, what does that have to do with the topic at hand?

[quote name='mykevermin']Ah, the old "if I state opinion as fact, it will be uncontestable" approach.[/QUOTE]

words

[quote name='mykevermin']You can't even recognize that XBL is not wholly separable from the console itself, let alone the recognition of this foolhardy notion that *depriving* paying customers of the silver variety (they're still paying, toots) is a detriment to gamers, and a psychologically backwards way of gaining more Gold members. [/QUOTE]

They are not paying.

Buying a console doesn't mean you get automatic access to the online network. Period.

Trying to say that they are just because they buy premium content or because Microsoft uses them in the advertising number they pitch to advertisers is lame and off-balance.

[quote name='mykevermin']Let me phrase the question to you this way: why is it good that Microsoft is moving in this direction...for you, personally, as a gamer? For other gamers? For gold members? For silver members? What are the reasons for this maneuver?[/QUOTE]

What does this have to do with anything?

To recap, you went from "hey this is a added value for gold members at the expense of silver member, doesn't that make you happy?" to "Well, if you only care about playing online, why did you bring up the fact they are using their own bandwidth" when I said no to "THIS HAS BEEN THE STANDARD SINCE THE BEGINNING AND THEY ARE RIPPING OFF PAYING CUSTOMERS" to "hey you have a stupid beard"

Is this is a way to get idiots to go gold so they actually get money from the leeches that contribute nothing but sucking up their bandwidth?
Yes.

Is that a big deal?
No, because not only do you still get the patch (which is the most important thing), you only have to wait 7 days to get the free completely optional content.

Why do you keep rolling and trying to change the topic?
fuck if I know. Maybe you think that if you change the topic enough I'll get bored/confused and stop posting or that if you get me in a bad position elsewhere it will make people forget about the beginning of the conversation or maybe you just love to debate even if you don't really care about the topic at hand or maybe you are just a stupid jackass that can't admit that he was wrong because it would make him less of an internet tough man.

Whatever it is, I don't really care and I'm not going to give an inch on this topic.

[quote name='Sporadic']Awesome, love how you have to stoop to making fun of a person's appearance.

What's next? You gonna call me four-eyes?

This is a way to get idiots to go gold so they actually get money from the leeches that contribute nothing but sucking up their bandwidth.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for mocking my intelligence. I don't play online, but I bought a 360 a month and a half ago with certain expectations. In that time, my 360 has RROD and XBL silver has been downgraded. I am not whining and saying Microsoft sucks and I'm never buying anything from them again, but I am saying that making silver worse to bully people into buying gold, while not making gold better, is wrong.

I don't believe that I'm changing the topic, as there is no inconsistency b/w "this is added value at the expense of silver members" and "this has been the standard since the 360 came around." None whatsoever.

Your beard was the result of your personal persnicketyness that *I* did not start, Mr. Pants.

And I was asking you about your personal concerns outside of online play as a direct result of your initial response to this thread, which was based on your personal view.

I have XBL Gold. This effects me none. But if you want to neglect the obvious, that Microsoft has decided to take away a service to Silver members, and act like this is a complete nonissue, go right ahead and stand on your stubborn pedestal and "not...give an inch" all you like.

It doesn't make you right.

[quote name='chakan']In that time, my 360 has RROD and XBL silver has been downgraded.[/QUOTE]
In that time, Silver hasn't been downgraded.

[quote name='Brak']In that time, Silver hasn't been downgraded.[/QUOTE]
I don't know how you can say that. When I signed up for XBL in November, I could DL free content from 3rd party publishers the day it came out. Saying that isn't a big deal is one thing, but denying it happened baffles me.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']I thought they were already doing this with content. Big deal. Get a 48 hour code and stfu if you can't wait a week.[/QUOTE]
No you stfu until you know what you're talking about. As previously stated in this thread, a 48 hour code just grants you online play, while restricting you to the silver membership level. You still won't have access to the content.

[quote name='chakan']Thanks for mocking my intelligence. I don't play online, but I bought a 360 a month and a half ago with certain expectations. In that time, my 360 has RROD and XBL silver has been downgraded. I am not whining and saying Microsoft sucks and I'm never buying anything from them again, but I am saying that making silver worse to bully people into buying gold, while not making gold better, is wrong.[/QUOTE]

Are you going to upgrade to gold because of their decision to delay free extra content for 7 days?

If not, then you aren't one of the idiots I was talking about.

[quote name='Sporadic']Are you going to upgrade to gold because of their decision? If not, then you aren't one of the idiots I was talking about.[/QUOTE]
Fair enough. Peace.

[quote name='chakan']No you stfu until you know what you're talking about. As previously stated in this thread, a 48 hour code just grants you online play, while restricting you to the silver membership level. You still won't have access to the content.[/quote]

Fair enough, $4 and stfu. :p

[quote name='chakan']I don't know how you can say that. When I signed up for XBL in November, I could DL free content from 3rd party publishers the day it came out. Saying that isn't a big deal is one thing, but denying it happened baffles me.[/QUOTE]Microsoft downloads have been like this since - at least - the Crackdown demo.

Because you weren't in the fold when it was enacted, that doesn't mean it never happened.

[quote name='mykevermin']I don't believe that I'm changing the topic, as there is no inconsistency b/w "this is added value at the expense of silver members" and "this has been the standard since the 360 came around." None whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

You are.

How do we go from "hey this is a added value for gold members at the expense of silver member, doesn't that make you happy?" to "Well, if you only care about playing online, why did you bring up the fact they are using their own bandwidth" when I said no to "THIS HAS BEEN THE STANDARD SINCE THE BEGINNING AND THEY ARE RIPPING OFF PAYING CUSTOMERS" to "hey you have a stupid beard" to now "I'm a stubborn jackass for arguing about something that doesn't affect me? YOUR THE STUBBORN JACKASS, I'm only standing up for the silver people who are getting walked on"

[quote name='mykevermin']Your beard was the result of your personal persnicketyness that *I* did not start, Mr. Pants.[/QUOTE]

No, it was a result of me being completely sick of you.

Every goddamn thread you wonder in, comment on one of my post and then go "WELL ISN'T THIS THE SPORADIC WHO DEMANDS MY ATTENTION ALL OVER THE FORUM". If you roll your eyes at that, just think about who replied to who first and who usually replies to who first?

Seriously, don't quote me in a ton of threads and then act like I'm the one following you around with some type of vendetta because I reply.

[quote name='mykevermin']And I was asking you about your personal concerns outside of online play as a direct result of your initial response to this thread, which was based on your personal view.[/QUOTE]

No, my initial response wasn't based on my personal view.

[quote name='Sporadic']And you get the patch so stop bitching.

Microsoft has no responsibility to give you anything and if they want to wait 7 days or 2 years to give you free extra content, you have no right to complain because you are still getting extra content for free.[/QUOTE]

That has nothing to do with why I have Xbox Live, what I think about Xbox Live or how much I want to get Bill Gates in the sack.

Microsoft does have no responsibility to give you free extra content and you don't have right to complain because hey you didn't put anything in, in the first place.

They could easily say tomorrow "hey only gold members get to download demos/video now and silver members can eat a dick" and they would be within their right to do that.

At least then if they did that I would understand the outrage. But they didn't say that, they said "hey cheap people who don't want to be gold, you have to wait 7 days to get this lame misc free content but you still get the thing that matters most the patch."

[quote name='mykevermin']I have XBL Gold. This effects me none. But if you want to neglect the obvious, that Microsoft has decided to take away a service to Silver members, and act like this is a complete nonissue, go right ahead and stand on your stubborn pedestal and "not...give an inch" all you like.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, they've taken away a service for Silver members (never mind the fact that this is nothing new) but I'm glad silver members have such a great white knight to protect them from a stupid M$ fanboy like myself :roll:

[quote name='mykevermin']It doesn't make you right.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the fact that this really is a non-issue and the fact I'm not the guy trying to argue that silver members are actually paying customers makes me right.

[quote name='Brak']Microsoft downloads have been like this since - at least - the Crackdown demo.

Because you weren't in the fold when it was enacted, that doesn't mean it never happened.[/QUOTE]
that was for a specific game, now it is for all free content.

[quote name='Brak']Microsoft downloads have been like this since - at least - the Crackdown demo.

Because you weren't in the fold when it was enacted, that doesn't mean it never happened.[/QUOTE]

Um, DLC used to be free to only XBL users back in the Xbox 1 days. Silver members should be happy they get any free content. Back in the OG xbox days there was no "silver" membership. If you wanted those extra cars for Midtown maddness or those extra maps for mechassault you needed to pay for XBL.

But that's ok, no one needs to remember that.

bread's done
Back