Silverhawks Vol. 1 (4 discs, 32 eps) - $4.86 at Amazon (price is fluctuating)

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Silverhawks Vol. 1 is down to just $4.86 on Amazon. It's sold by Direct Liquidations but fulfilled by Amazon. This has been steadily decreasing and could go down further. There's only about 260 copies remaining however. This is a pretty crazy deal for the amount of content you're getting.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BN25VW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A2GCZA90HY2BIS

For those that don't know about the show, it's sort of like a space version of Thundercats (made by the same Japanese studio)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zugesbALx3k

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome show. In for one. There is a thread some where on here about volume two. It's made to order or something. Thinking about it now that this one is almost free.

[quote name='Animal7390']i hope this doesnt have the slice through the barcode like all cheap copies in stores i have seen.[/QUOTE]

For this price I'm pretty sure I can live with that. In for one, thanks SSJ.

aaaaand they spotted us...

Upped their price to $9.69. If we all get cancellations because they realized how cheap they were offering it until just now I'm going to have some words with Amazon.

[quote name='Kerig']aaaaand they spotted us...

Upped their price to $9.69. If we all get cancellations because they realized how cheap they were offering it until just now I'm going to have some words with Amazon.[/QUOTE]

My order just shipped. Thanks o/p!

yeah it's steadily going down again. I'll keep you all posted if it drops down to ~$5 or so

Last edited by a moderator:
Received mine earlier today. No cuts on the box or any dings, came in immaculate form. Very nice package for the price. Will have to watch some later.

Watched a few episodes with the kid. Animation isn't as bad as i expected. Going back and watching stuff like he-man after 20 years makes me laugh

This is down to $4.86. It's been going down rapidly the past day or so, so it'll probably go down further. Just letting everyone know in case you don't want to risk it going back up

Has anyone ever ordered any of the "on demand" sets from Warner Bros? I picked up volume 1 of Silverhawks back when it hit $7, and although $40 for the whole series isn't bad, I have a really hard time paying that much for "print on demand" DVDs.

They did the same thing w/ Night Court. It took them three years to release Season 2, another year or two to release season 3, then they stopped releasing them outside of "on deman" all together.

this show is fluctuating like the effin stock market lol. At $4.04 when I checked. Not super interested in the show, so I'll pass. Yeah it's cheap, but if I never watch it, then that's $4 I might as well have burned.

[quote name='Darknuke']this show is fluctuating like the effin stock market lol. At $4.04 when I checked. Not super interested in the show, so I'll pass. Yeah it's cheap, but if I never watch it, then that's $4 I might as well have burned.[/QUOTE]

My thought is that for anything under $5, would I rather have a large specialty drink from Starbucks - or the item I am looking at. I end up buying more with that philosophy, but I still have it after 24hrs.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Bought for 2.89 I remember the toys but not the show.[/QUOTE]

My mom let me open a present on Christmas eve one year, and it turned out to be a Silverhawks action figure, so I remember it fondly. It was cool too, you pressed this button and the wings would open up.

I was really surprised at this set and it's packaging. It's pretty nice compared to the other sets that drop this low (Mill Creek releases).

Did anyone else get these and the package was half opened? Seriously it looked like someone sorting wanted to see what I got and if so then just take it. fucking blown

[quote name='sassylaurie']My thought is that for anything under $5, would I rather have a large specialty drink from Starbucks - or the item I am looking at. I end up buying more with that philosophy, but I still have it after 24hrs.[/QUOTE] I use your philosophy plenty when I decide as well . Is that Starbucks gonna last me nearly as long as this $5 DVD set will ... Sold

bread's done
Back