SimCity 5

I post on the SimTropolis.com message boards and they're pissed about SimCity 5.

They removed zoning, power plants, water pipes, etc. It's being developed by a studio best known for the mediocre Caesar IV. The graphics make it look fu-fu and childish.

Oh, and all buildings will be plopable and there's more of a focus on your citizens instead of civil engineering.

EA ruined yet ANOTHER game. I've been playing SC since 1993 and I WONT be buying this crap.

[quote name='Serik']I post on the SimTropolis.com message boards and they're pissed about SimCity 5.

They removed zoning, power plants, water pipes, etc. It's being developed by a studio best known for the mediocre Caesar IV. The graphics make it look fu-fu and childish.

Oh, and all buildings will be plopable and there's more of a focus on your citizens instead of civil engineering.

EA ruined yet ANOTHER game. I've been playing SC since 1993 and I WONT be buying this crap.[/QUOTE]
Wow that sounds really lame :whistle2:#

Man EA sucks

[quote name='Kaijufan']I think I'm the only person who likes the idea of the series becoming simpler.[/quote]

Yeah, I think you are. I know I like the complexity because it's fun to feel like you are actually managing a lot of stuff, although in reality mayors don't do diddly squat. :roll:

[quote name='Kaijufan']I think I'm the only person who likes the idea of the series becoming simpler.[/quote]
I was hoping SC5 wouldn't make the game less complex per se, but make it more manageable and accessible. SC4 had too many shiny features and not enough gameplay changes to really accommodate them.

But SimCity Societies (god I hate that name) is a lobotomy, not a simplification. EA and Tilted Mill removed EVERYTHING the series has been know for almost 20 years and replaced it with stupid ass "social engineering" concepts, clearly designed to appeal to a different playerbase...namely the people who like The Sims. Here's an idea: keep the social engineering to THE SIMS!!111~

My only hope is that SCS is merely an offshoot and EA eventually releases a true SimCity 5.

I still don't understand why EA would take one of the most venerable series in PC gaming, hand it off from Will Wright and his crew, and give it to a second-rate studio with no successful game to its name. I'd rather wait until after Spore and have Will design the damn thing.

I'm not a hardcore Sim City fan, and I only played my brother's copy of Sim City 4 for a few hours, which is one of the reasons I'm looking forward to the game being much more simple. I do like the series, I just don't have the time to really get into it. I'm pretty sure that I'm the type of person that EA is targeting with this game, not hard core Sim City fans.
Of course, I do hope you all get your real Sim City 5.

OT: Good people here at CAG. I'm used to interacting with far more IMMATURE people on other forums (take a look at slickdeals.net, for example).

Anyway, back on topic, my hope is that SimCity utilizes DX10. That would be awesome.

[quote name='Serik']
I still don't understand why EA would take one of the most venerable series in PC gaming, hand it off from Will Wright and his crew, and give it to a second-rate studio with no successful game to its name. I'd rather wait until after Spore and have Will design the damn thing.[/QUOTE]

Will was very hands off with Simcity 4 and wasn't on the design team at all, so chances are he wouldn't be doing a Simcity 5.

[quote name='tacklebox']Spore == the REAL Simcity 5.

More or less. It'll still be better.[/quote]

cant wait for it

I thought EA had publicly stated now that SCS is indeed an offshoot, and not SC5? Anyway, the Sim franchise has always been burdened with little offshoots. I don't mind another, as long as they don't kill the original series' game play for good in the process.

The last SimCity game I played was 2000... I thought the game was too open ended -- I guess I need concrete goals... How was the more recent SimCities? Did they have any kind of campaign mode?

Simpler is fine, but they are takling it way too far.

[quote name='tacklebox']Spore == the REAL Simcity 5.

More or less. It'll still be better.[/quote]

While I enjoyed SimCity 2K, 3K, and 4... the latter two just felt like continuations of 2K. All three were great games respectively, but I never devoted as many hours to 3K or 4 as I did to 2K.

Spore is the real 5.

bread's done
Back