Simplicity Gourmet - internship?

1SwtDeception

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Not the scam about weddings, but the Marketing for Health Awareness through their kitchenware.

I just want to know how's experience with marketing...

The idea is basically you're marketing their product through word of mouth. You have to present a 45 minute presentation about their product to different people that qualifies for the presentation (those with a working income). It's a guarantee you get $4600 in 12 weeks (working in the summer) if you can present 144 qualified presentation. You get commission and all these fun bonuses too.

Personally I don't like marketing since you're just there to waste time/annoy people ish, but I need some kind of experience and I guess it can enhance my communication skills. You get money out of it and it seems flexible since it depends on how hard you work. So I don't mind it too much...

The hard part would definitely be finding people that would listen to you for 45 minutes on their product. And getting people to sign up/referrals..?

Anyways my questions are:
Anyone had experience with their internship and how was it?
Or any similar kind of internships...
Is it really worth it though?
How was the experience with marketing for any of you guys?

I'm still deciding if I should do this... but I want to know other people's experiences..

I wouldnt do it. Any time some guarantees you will make money means that you fucking wont make a dime. Or you will have to put in so much effort or money from your own pocket to make it worth while.

Think about it...Real jobs dont need to guarantee you money because its already a given that they are going to pay you. If someone guarantees you money means that there is a big enough doubt about their company so they have to rope people in somehow. And come on....what legit company just hires random people to go do presentation for them? You know how hard it is to give a pitch good enough for people to purchase large orders from you? That shit takes years of public speaking and persuasion to develop.

The word guarantee should equal CONTRACT because that is the only way something is guaranteed to you. Bottom line.

Just suck it up and go get a real internship at a marketing firm or something. You will just waste your time dealing with stupid shit like this.

If you do wind up doing it (which i doubt) post about it at the end.

By the way....thats not even close to what an intership is. Internships are suppose to teach you about your chosen career by giving you hands on experience in the field. How is being a door to door salesman by yourself teaching you anything? How is driving around town wasting your gas, trying to talk strangers into buying some shit they dont need teaching you anything?

@Dead of Knight : I did see a Wedding scam, but apparently this is the other half -_-. But the surprisingly thing my school did send a letter to everyone about this...

@Soodmeg: Real internships.. I'm waiting around the 3rd year for that - I doubt they would hire first year students. But I'll ask some people I met there about this.. since they're more likely to go for it. I did tell my friend this sounds like one of those late night informericals about "I made 3k in a week selling stocks!".. but I guess this confirms it more. Thanks for heads up.

bread's done
Back